Halloween 2017

Xatu

Question

Holiday events are integral to the MMO genre.  They are a way to give long time players something to look forward to and feel rewarded for their patronage. 

Normally the holiday events include exclusive items.  Understandably so these items should not be reused, as doing so would remove the "limited" nature of the item.  Instead however; we can supplement these exclusive items with things that already carry great value. 

super rare - donators pass, pc expansion pass, makeover pass, vanities currently in shop

mildly rare - choice band, pvp mystery box

uncommon vanities - black cat ears, candy horns

common items -  Lava Cookies, Rare Candies, TMs for Shadow Ball etc

The only thing youd be changing here is the contents of the halloween goodie bags, and possibly adding 2017 to the name/description.  The entire scripted sequence from last year would be reused otherwise.

Edited by Xatu

20 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

So you are in favor of vanities value rising to infinite? There goes all the "If you want it just farm it" thing, that's a model that works awfully well to old players and awfully bad to new ones, you can just buy a thing and stop playing at all waiting in verm until the price rises since it will never see a way to return to the game, in the case of old players buy it while it's still 5m~10m or not buy it at all. Dunno, just my oppinion.

Yes, I am in favor of letting old vanities rise in value. They will never go to infinite unless there are zero left in the supply. And yes, if you really wanted one you could farm for one. You can easily farm more than the inflation rate of these items. That inflation rate will also level out over time, making it easier to catch up.

Also new vanities will be implemented in the future, so it's not like they won't be able to get holiday items.

2 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Yes, I am in favor of letting old vanities rise in value. They will never go to infinite unless there are zero left in the supply. And yes, if you really wanted one you could farm for one. You can easily farm more than the inflation rate of these items. That inflation rate will also level out over time, making it easier to catch up.

Also new vanities will be implemented in the future, so it's not like they won't be able to get holiday items.

I'm against it.

I'm in favor devs implement "untradeable" vanities making them "exclusive" for players who were present.

Making a market around it isnt something desirable to me.

1 minute ago, Raederz said:

I'm against it.

I'm in favor devs implement "untradeable" vanities making them "exclusive" for players who were present.

Making a market around it isnt something desirable to me.

OK, let me boil it down to how I see your side of the argument:

"I don't have a rare and cool vanity, because it's too expensive for me to buy.  Dev's should give it again so I can get it without having to pay the high cost!"

Part of the reason that these vanities are cool and desirable, aka why you want them to be added again, is because they are rare. Your idea completely undermines that.

There are already items that fit what you want. Look at Santa Hats and Outfits. What you guys want as recurring holiday items already exist. Yet you aren't satisfied.

4 minutes ago, Gilan said:

"I don't have a rare and cool vanity, because it's too expensive for me to buy.  Dev's should give it again so I can get it without having to pay the high cost!"

Part of the reason that these vanities are cool and desirable, aka why you want them to be added again, is because they are rare. Your idea completely undermines that.

There are already items that fit what you want. Look at Santa Hats and Outfits. What you guys want as recurring holiday items already exist. Yet you aren't satisfied.

Theres misunderstanding here, I totally disagree on what u think of me.

Im not on the side "Give it again". Definitely not. But also, I'm even less on the side "Let it grow in value to make old players rich for being old players".

My point is to not make business on stuff not meant to. Maybe u see events as business dynamic, that's a point of view that is not mine.

But yea, I agree with you re-giving old stuff is bad in some ways.

What I said is : "Make exclusive stuff untradeable". Because yea, I want it to be associated with an exact period, but I dont want them to be the next $ niche

Edited by Raederz
5 minutes ago, Gilan said:

To be honest i just support the returning of exclusives from time to time (say 3 days every 2 years), not full time, and not because i can't afford them, i can afford several of the exclusive items, i feel apathy over many vanities, i myself only really want the pumpkin backpack and i'm not saying they should return it, i'm saying they should make halloween with vanities even if they're repeated. 

If exclusives is what you're worried about then don't put them in the gift shop, but for everything else such as Scythe, Skeleton costume, Candy Horns, Vampire fangs, is just selfish, it's not like we have "Seasonals" for Halloween, you know?

My post wasn't intended to be a change affecting all future events. I merely said that if new players are being denied a Halloween event completely, they should have a chance to get something. Tailoring everything for old players and giving nothing to new players don't seem very business savvy to me.

Keep in mind too that all of this was based on Kyu's post of him being on the fence about having a Halloween event or not.

I already gave my opinion on this in the PTS thread...

I am in favour of making the Event. Brings everyone together, it's fun, new players will make money out of it, old players will make more money out of it, etc, etc, etc... I don't think the value will change that much on items/vanities. And, to be honest, there are probably some vanities getting dust in the box so it might bring some new interest in those again...

Some ppl were getting the rare skull flame mask to sell it for 3Million. They didn't care about the rarity they just wanted to make profit...

Maybe a solution could be changing the color of the old vanities... maybe add a glow to the Ghost Costume, make the blade of the Scythe red, like it has blood(getting in the dark side here :P), Skeleton outfit glow at night, and so on

I'm not really directing this at anyone, I'm just sorta thinking outloud over everything I've read so far. 

I think most of the outrage just comes from people wanting an easy cash grab for a couple days, and that's being denied now. Let's be honest here. lol

That's personally why I'm disappointed. Knowing I made nearly 20m grinding my ass off and selling bags last year and now I can't do that again this year, yeah...much sadness. Believe me, I'm far from happy about it. I LOVE the Halloween event. I'm usually quiet and shy but it's the most social I get in the game all year helping out with locations in chat. People are actually helping eachother instead of insulting eachother. It's nice and fun and makes me rich. What could be better? But I understand the reasons behind not having it and I totally agree with that decision.  

Either that or people just wanna get cheaper vanities than the norm. Which isn't fair to people who bought exclusive stuff for millions expecting them to remain exclusive. If they are re-introduced, the value WILL drop significantly and won't rise again for months and months, if at all. Anyone that's played a decent amount of time knows this. And that would be a huge loss to those players. I don't horde rare vanities to sell years later so I don't have a dog in the fight so-to-speak, but I DEFINITELY understand players wanting to keep their item's rarity and value. No one wants to lose money. 

What I don't understand is the argument that newer players deserve a chance to easily get old vanities they missed out on. Okay, why though? Why do they deserve easy-mode just because they're new? And why should people holding rare vanities take a hit to the wallet just to handfeed new players? Giving out old vanities to new players like candy (quite literally) would be an awful idea and a slap in the face to older players. It's not like these vanities aren't obtainable, they just cost alot. Hell, they can even buy old goodie bags for a couple 100k and take a gamble opening those. They are completely capable of getting them eventually with hard work. 

The only exceptions being the untradeable Pumpkin Backpack and Scary Hockey Mask but those are suppose to be symbols of skill for beating the Pumpking boss for that respective year. If newer players weren't around back then to do it, they shouldn't have them. Simple as that.

I doubt many true new players could even defeat it this year to begin with. I'm really not being a jerk about it, that's just a fact. Spoiler for those who maybe haven't fought it before and don't want any info on it so as to experience it firsthand if ol Pumpking ever makes a return.

Spoiler

If you recall, you basically needed a full team of Lv. 100s to defeat it's 3 stages. You couldn't go heal inbetween fights. That fucker inflicted sleep AND burn on you at the same time. Forced switches. Stole your items. Hit like a truck. Among other bullshit. He's not exactly a walk in the park, especially for newer players. The trick-or-treater NPCs aren't anything to scoff at either packing full teams of Lv. 80s iirc. Most new players just complain every year about how too hard it is anyways. You even needed access to basically everywhere in the game to even find the NPCs to fight for candies. Who remembers people in channel chat spamming "Kanto locations? Kanto locations?" because they hadn't even been to Hoenn yet? Some couldn't even fight the ones on the islands because they hadn't even defeated the E4. People asking to borrow mons from people just to participate lol

I'm just saying, in the 2015 Halloween event, I wasn't even that new...I had been playing maybe 10-11 months...and I don't care to admit I struggled hard with it. Took me many attempts and strategy changes and revives and heals to accomplish. Sure, It's do-able for some newer players I guess, I don't mean to assume they'll all fail at it. I'm possibly just bad, but my point is that the Halloween event was never new player friendly in my opinion. 

So yeah, making an argument in favor of new players is nice and all, but it's kind of a weak argument.

I'm pretty sure most of us just wanna sell bags and get rich and have spooky fun, but we can't now so we wanna riot about it. Totally natural, I get it fam. I do. 

But the devs don't owe us any of those things. The Halloween event is just a fun 2-3 day thing with the opportunity to make bank af if you're able and work really hard. There's no loss from skipping it, there's just no gain either. But there IS a loss to some players if they re-introduce old vanities and make them more common and less valuable. They don't deserve that happening just so new players can get them easier. And people who are cool with players losing money so they themselves can gain stuff is very selfish. I don't want anyone, not a single one of you all, to lose money. That's sad :( Personally, I don't really care about vanities or their prices or whatever, I just wanna sell bags. I could be selfish and argue in favor of repeating last years event because, for myself, that would be in MY best interest. But I know that would fuck over alot of people so, I'm against it. Gotta think about the path that will do the least damage to the community as a whole.  

And sure, new players are missing out on the experience of a PokeMMO Halloween, but I'm sure I missed alot of stuff before I started playing too, that's just life. There's always next year. And sure, everyone else is missing out on a cool event and making money, but we aren't losing anything like these vanity holders would. Have some respect, yo.

I'd rather the devs focus on the new region instead of scrambling to make Halloween happen. We have to acknowledge the reasons why they decided to possibly not have it. Given the circumstances with the new region coming and everything Kyu said in his post I think it's totally understandable that they weren't able to work on a Halloween event this year. I'm sure they didn't make that decision flippantly. I respect it. They will never be able to please everyone obvs, but there's a big update coming and that's something to be really excited and thankful for. At least Unova update will give a much needed change and opportunities that last long term and that's a positive for everyone.  

We should stop every update then, Unova will hit older players wallet because their comps will be worthless. I don't see "some vanities will drop in a value" as an argument. No one said they will never return, ppl took gamble with hoarding them(reasonable because vanities from 2015 were not repeated) and I don't see why we should protect them at all cost. 

PokeMMO didn't receive any update for ~year. Ppl are indeed bored and not everyone is interested in PTS(I do). We are not in some dire situation in which we need event asap but I fail to see why we should deny it because some ppl predicted vanities are exclusive to that one year and they want to make cash out of it. Those are cosmetics so why we treat it only as a goods to make profit from. I feel the purpose of these items is flipped right now.

Halloween event is not that important but I don't see any arguments why they shouldn't repeat it for the sake of entertainment. If it won't happen, tough luck, I'm happy with Unova behind the corner anyway.

It's not that i don't understand the complains but i only see two vanities that could lost value. Flaming Skull Mask and, as i've read, Jack-'o-Lantern. Correct me if i am wrong.(shame i thought it wasn't that exclusive :P) I guess those would be fine if they don't bring them back and it's 100% understandable since you could only get them with Reward Points.

The Hockey Mask from the Final Boss is untradeable... and from 2015 it's probably Untradeable too(Don't know what it was) I mean if you want to feel cool you can say that you got your Mask back in 2016 :P There's no market value. All the other vanities are pure profit... If you are lucky enough to get more than one you will sell it for profit and that's it.

Events are fun and it's not like it happens every month. I don't really care about making money i just enjoy the event and most ppl have fun playing it...

And yes it's a Boost on the financial side of the game... I mean, players need money so they can buy pokes from breeders etc etc... I bet breeders would be happy to see some new players buy their pokes am i wrong? :P

I'm not taking it personaly but the reason why i said "new players" it's because, since i play this game, i know, read, and talked with players. It's difficult to make money(i remember a few threads complaing about how hard it was to make money) and if you are new it's even more difficult. So i see this event as good thing for them. Might push some to breed pokes, or buy pokes, and make new players participate on tournaments and whatnot...

I'm not going to be upset if they decide not to make the Halloween Event but would be happy to play it. I'm in favour

Anyway ppl also complained about a new region so nothing new... can't please everyone

Edited by insertusernamehere
14 hours ago, Kole said:

My post wasn't intended to be a change affecting all future events. I merely said that if new players are being denied a Halloween event completely, they should have a chance to get something. Tailoring everything for old players and giving nothing to new players don't seem very business savvy to me.

Keep in mind too that all of this was based on Kyu's post of him being on the fence about having a Halloween event or not.

17 hours ago, Gilan said:

Good morning everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. I don't mean to rave about my personal status, but I am about to board a flight back to my home state and I just thought of this idea while in the rental car on the way to Laguardia airport. We can have an event, but ax all the items of value. No clothes for the year and then Goodie Bags can be opened and maybe there might be a Rare Candy that levels up your pokemon for ten levels and make that untradable. Throw in some PP Maxes and other things in those bags or if the devs want to implement clothes, they can throw in items like Jester Hats, Lava Outfits, Aqua Hats, etc. For an exclusive, maybe throw in a motorcycle.

I completely agree with @Gilan that items should not be devalued. I can rave about how I did not get the Birthday Hat all day long, but I don't complain, I wait for the next rare item. @Kole also brings up a good point as well, the newer players should get an event. I am sure the newer players are happy to hear this announcement, they can get clothes in the Goodie bags without obtaining Reward Points. If I were a newer player, I would be pretty happy about that. Older and more valuable vanity should not be introduced to them otherwise the people that were there doing the event would be upset.

1 hour ago, insertusernamehere said:

And yes it's a Boost on the financial side of the game... I mean, players need money so they can buy pokes from breeders etc etc... I bet breeders would be happy to see some new players buy their pokes am i wrong? :P

It is not a boost to the financial side of the game, because the items you want to sell need to be bought by other players in the game.

46 minutes ago, YettoDie said:

It is not a boost to the financial side of the game, because the items you want to sell need to be bought by other players in the game.

Maybe my mistake was to talk about vanities only, and not the other ways of making money...

You can sell those goodie bags for 100k each(i have seen it before) so let's say that you play a few hours and farm like 20bags.... sell for 100k each... profit

You can risk it and open those and get 3xEverstones, 3xShards, TMs, Proteins, PP Max, and so on... all of those sell well on GTL- profit

And yes players will buy those, even the new players. It's easier to spend 100k and gamble it on a goodie bag, than spend 1million or more on an outfit. Also some ppl don't like to farm so they will take the opportunity to buy those items from other ppl

Also. I know that not all the new players will make a profit out of it. Keep it in mind that i'm talking about in a general way and not 100% sure that all the players will profit from this

Edited by insertusernamehere

Why is everyone simply debating the fact that bringing back vanities is healthy or not.

My suggestion clearly suggests to use pc expansion, donators tickets, and other vanities already in shop as placeholders.

Seriously the argument that the devs don't have time to do this is rediculous. 

It can't take more than 5 minutes to edit an item to say 2017 at the end and edit contents with items that already exist in the game.

You guys are about to update the game drastically right? Well guess what barely any of the player base is even aware of this. Server usage actually goess back to high during Halloween. Maybe 3x more players.... What an amazing time to have a grassroots effort by all s GM's etc to inform players in the chat while the event is going on.

You guys do realize that between the number of ppl that can't run the update, ppl that hate gen 5, ppl too lazy to dl a a new rom....

The update has a chance of killing the game.

Pissing off players, not even attempting to inform ppl en masse they are being force-fed and entirely different game essentially, these are all things that will end up contributing to player loss.

Just now, notmudkip0 said:

Because this is the only thread relevant to halloween

The game devs clearly stated it's not healthy... THERE YOU GO discussion over.

Why don't we focus our efforts in planning a balanced alternative. Instead of literally looping over and over on the same subject with no new points or efforts to think of a solution.

20 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Why is everyone simply debating the fact that bringing back vanities is healthy or not.

My suggestion clearly suggests to use pc expansion, donators tickets, and other vanities already in shop as placeholders.

I'm pretty ignorant about technical stuff but this part of Kyu's post in the PTS Hype thread gave me the vibe that what you're suggesting isn't do-able I guess. Or they are unwilling to do it.

On 10/23/2017 at 5:31 PM, Kyu said:

At this point, we're not willing to do a live server update purely for a Halloween event (the data structure for many things which would be required, such as the character addons, have diverged so significantly in the past year that I'm not even sure we have the tools to backport things to live's branch), so you'd either have literally the same event as last year with all of its cosmetics duplicated, or nothing.

"Duplicated, or nothing."

So I suppose that's why those are the options being talked about. My bad if I'm misunderstanding. 

2 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Why don't we focus our efforts in planning a balanced alternative. Instead of literally looping over and over on the same subject with no new points or efforts to think of a solution.

Well your idea isn't exactly the most balanced either, see:

On 10/23/2017 at 10:03 PM, Xatu said:

super rare - donators pass, pc expansion pass, makeover pass, vanities currently in shop

And this to an extent

On 10/23/2017 at 10:03 PM, Xatu said:

mildly rare - choice band, pvp mystery box

No matter what item ends up in bags, it'll impact the price of current ones. Having no event/no prizes is really disappointing though, and the PTS isn't enough to make up for that imo.

2 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Well your idea isn't exactly the most balanced either, see:

LMAO well maybe if you or someone actually provided ANY sort of constructive criticism we could all come to some agreements.  You really think my suggestion is going to be fucking perfect from the get go??

As for the super rare... wtfs wrong?  they all cost real money and are extremely consumable.  If you care so much about values then dont include any vanities and only include donators passes and stuff.  The argument that this would hurt ppl from donating is laughable too, since the itmes are all consumable the effect will only be temporary until theyve all been used up.  Were also talking about a 1/1000 drop or w/e.

Same for semi are still consumable as fuck, and you know, useful.

Common all consumable or existed in previous halloween events.

7 minutes ago, Staggiie said:

I'm pretty ignorant about technical stuff but this part of Kyu's post in the PTS Hype thread gave me the vibe that what you're suggesting isn't do-able I guess. Or they are unwilling to do it.

"Duplicated, or nothing."

So I suppose that's why those are the options being talked about. My bad if I'm misunderstanding. 

I guess i really just need to address Kyu statement directly then, because so far nobody has explored new options.

On 10/23/2017 at 2:31 PM, Kyu said:

At this point, we're not willing to do a live server update purely for a Halloween event (the data structure for many things which would be required, such as the character addons, have diverged so significantly in the past year that I'm not even sure we have the tools to backport things to live's branch), so you'd either have literally the same event as last year with all of its cosmetics duplicated, or nothing.

@Kyu Ok:  You are unsure that you can even backport the event.... Why dont you try ??  So Kyu lets assume that it truly is impossible.  Workarounds are a thing.  You basically have just enough time to code a whole new halloween event, but cut down.  Here's a really simplified version that really shouldnt take long to make:

Add back the 3 NPC's (if you cant port the part that makes them roaming then just making them static in verm/lavender or something).  Have them award 1 candy ea.

Add back a NPC that takes candies as currency for bags of some sort.  (make a new mystery box type item for this or simply use the PvP mysery box as a reward) [second option:  actual shop for the candies ex: 1 candy = 3 vitamins 2 candy = rare candy etc]

Annnd youre done.  You just saved Halloween!

So all in all you could get away with only adding 4 new npcs, potentially have to make a new mystery box type item, but other options are available.  Pumpking can be left out entirely because it would take too much time to recreate.  

Just now, Staggiie said:

I'm not really directing this at anyone, I'm just thinking outloud  over everything I've read so far. 

I think most of the outrage just comes from people wanting an easy cash grab for a couple days, and that's being denied now. Let's be honest here. lol

That's personally why I'm disappointed. Knowing I made nearly 20m grinding my ass off and selling bags last year and now I can't do that again this year, yeah...much sadness. Believe me, I'm far from happy about it. I LOVE the Halloween event. I'm usually quiet and shy but it's the most social I get in the game all year helping out with locations in chat. People are actually helping eachother instead of insulting eachother. It's nice and fun and makes me rich. What could be better? But I understand the reasons behind not having it and I totally agree with that decision.  

Either that or people just wanna get cheaper vanities than the norm. Which isn't fair to people who bought exclusive stuff for millions expecting them to remain exclusive. If they are re-introduced, the value WILL drop significantly and won't rise again for months and months, if at all. Anyone that's played a decent amount of time knows this. And that would be a huge loss to those players. I don't horde rare vanities to sell years later so I don't have a dog in the fight so-to-speak, but I DEFINITELY understand players wanting to keep their item's rarity and value. No one wants to lose money. 

What I don't understand is the argument that newer players deserve a chance to easily get old vanities they missed out on. Okay, why though? Why do they deserve easy-mode just because they're new? And why should people holding rare vanities take a hit to the wallet just to handfeed new players? Giving out old vanities to new players like candy (quite literally) would be an awful idea and a slap in the face to older players. It's not like these vanities aren't obtainable, they just cost alot. Hell, they can even buy old goodie bags for a couple 100k and take a gamble opening those. They are completely capable of getting them eventually with hard work. 

The only exceptions being the untradeable Pumpkin Backpack and Scary Hockey Mask but those are suppose to be symbols of skill for beating the Pumpking boss for that respective year. If newer players weren't around back then to do it, they shouldn't have them. Simple as that.

I doubt many true new players could even defeat it this year to begin with. I'm really not being a jerk about it, that's just a fact. Spoiler for those who maybe haven't fought it before and don't want any info on it so as to experience it firsthand if ol Pumpking ever makes a return.

Reveal hidden contents

If you recall, you basically needed a full team of Lv. 100s to defeat it's 3 stages. You couldn't go heal inbetween fights. That fucker inflicted sleep AND burn on you at the same time. Forced switches. Stole your items. Hit like a truck. Among other bullshit. He's not exactly a walk in the park, especially for newer players. The trick-or-treater NPCs aren't anything to scoff at either packing full teams of Lv. 80s iirc. Most new players just complain every year about how too hard it is anyways. You even needed access to basically everywhere in the game to even find the NPCs to fight for candies. Who remembers people in channel chat spamming "Kanto locations? Kanto locations?" because they hadn't even been to Hoenn yet? Some couldn't even fight the ones on the islands because they hadn't even defeated the E4. People asking to borrow mons from people just to participate lol

I'm just saying, in the 2015 Halloween event, I wasn't even that new...I had been playing maybe 10-11 months...and I don't care to admit I struggled hard with it. Took me many attempts and strategy changes and revives and heals to accomplish. Sure, It's do-able for some newer players I guess, I don't mean to assume they'll all fail at it. I'm possibly just bad, but my point is that the Halloween event was never new player friendly in my opinion. 

So yeah, making an argument in favor of new players is nice and all, but it's kind of a weak argument.

I'm pretty sure most of us just wanna sell bags and get rich and have spooky fun, but we can't now so we wanna riot about it. Totally natural, I get it fam. I do. 

But the devs don't owe us any of those things. The Halloween event is just a fun 2-3 day thing with the opportunity to make bank af if you're able and work really hard. There's no loss from skipping it, there's just no gain either. But there IS a loss to some players if they re-introduce old vanities and make them more common and less valuable. They don't deserve that happening just so new players can get them easier. And people who are cool with players losing money so they themselves can gain stuff is very selfish. I don't want anyone, not a single one of you all, to lose money. That's sad :( Personally, I don't really care about vanities or their prices or whatever, I just wanna sell bags. I could be selfish and argue in favor of repeating last years event because, for myself, that would be in MY best interest. But I know that would fuck over alot of people so, I'm against it. Gotta think about the path that will do the least damage to the community as a whole.  

And sure, new players are missing out on the experience of a PokeMMO Halloween, but I'm sure I missed alot of stuff before I started playing too, that's just life. There's always next year. And sure, everyone else is missing out on a cool event and making money, but we aren't losing anything like these vanity holders would. Have some respect, yo.

I'd rather the devs focus on the new region instead of scrambling to make Halloween happen. We have to acknowledge the reasons why they decided to possibly not have it. Given the circumstances with the new region coming and everything Kyu said in his post I think it's totally understandable that they weren't able to work on a Halloween event this year. I'm sure they didn't make that decision flippantly. I respect it. They will never be able to please everyone obvs, but there's a big update coming and that's something to be really excited and thankful for. At least Unova update will give a much needed change and opportunities that last long term and that's a positive for everyone.  

Okay let's clear out some points:

1) You got your "easy cash grab" chance last year, i'm yet to see a reasonable point in favor of not giving that chance again.

2) "People want to buy cheap vanities" what's so bad about it? We're talking about Halloween, always happened and always will.

3) Your point was that wasn't fair to the ones that bought exclusives, Scythes, Skeleton Costume, Vamp Fangs, Candy horns are NOT exclusives so if people thought they would remain exclusive are either pretty dumb or pretend to manipulate the economy.

4) It doesn't matter what you say about this one, players deserve a chance of fighting the pumpking even if you say they are not prepared.

5) Making an argument in favor of equality is weak, but in favor of olds (which i'm pretty sure a bunch of them are in favor of making the event) isn't? K

6) "There is no loss by skipping it and no win by doing it" Let's just stopt celebrating halloween at all! 

7) You see, the only selfish things that i've seen come from old players saying "No Halloween, we will lose money"

8) Have some respect "yo" This ain't relevant but funny to point out, so we are being disrespectfull to other players if we say we want halloween even if its a copypasta from last year with vanities included.

9) Unova it is important but they did say they could make halloween this year by repeating last year vanities and this is why the whole argument is about.

8 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

1) You got your "easy cash grab" chance last year, i'm yet to see a reasonable point in favor of not giving that chance again.

The reasonable point is not lying to the community by saying "hey these items are exclusive to this years event" and then releasing them again, making them not exclusive anymore.
The other reasonable point is not lowering those items value in the process of lying to everyone.

12 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

2) "People want to buy cheap vanities" what's so bad about it? We're talking about Halloween, always happened and always will.

If this year they made new vanities you would have a point. But re-releasing the old ones fucks over alot of people who paid what they're worth for being exclusive. My point was that people wanting to just get them for cheap are not seeing the negative impacts that would have on other players. 

14 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

3) Your point was that wasn't fair to the ones that bought exclusives, Scythes, Skeleton Costume, Vamp Fangs, Candy horns are NOT exclusives so if people thought they would remain exclusive are either pretty dumb or pretend to manipulate the economy.

It literally says exclusive in the description:
eXArwNa.png

17 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

4) It doesn't matter what you say about this one, players deserve a chance of fighting the pumpking even if you say they are not prepared.

Do any of us really deserve anything? This is game is free to play. But I'll agree somewhat. However, considering the circumstances with the Unova update and not having time to make a unique event this year for Halloween, giving it a pass is reasonable. 

19 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

5) Making an argument in favor of equality is weak, but in favor of olds (which i'm pretty sure a bunch of them are in favor of making the event) isn't? K

My argument is in favor of not fucking anyone over. No one is losing anything by passing on the ween this year. All your comps, items, yen, everything is secure and there and worth what it's worth. But re-introducing old vanities will lower the value of them in some people's bags. K?

22 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

6) "There is no loss by skipping it and no win by doing it" Let's just stopt celebrating halloween at all! 

Don't be daft. This situation is an odd one seeing as they didn't have an event made this year because of being too busy with the new region, therefore, making the only options according to Kyu being to duplicate the event from last year or have nothing at all. The problem is that duplicating creates a mess with old vanity values. Under NORMAL circumstances of course there would be one.

26 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

) You see, the only selfish things that i've seen come from old players saying "No Halloween, we will lose money"

How's that selfish? That's normal. Who is okay with losing money? Please enlighten me.

28 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

8) Have some respect "yo" This ain't relevant but funny to point out, so we are being disrespectfull to other players if we say we want halloween even if its a copypasta from last year with vanities included.

Yes, because you obvs don't care if they lose money and value on their shit they paid millions for. 

28 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

9) Unova it is important but they did say they could make halloween this year by repeating last year vanities and this is why the whole argument is about.

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, Xatu said:

Why dont you try ??

because it might kill the game? lol

As much as I would love some PC expansions and other goodies I understand that they would rather focus on Unova.

If it boils down to last year or nothing Id say give it a go, just dont add the RP items.

6 minutes ago, Staggiie said:

The reasonable point is not lying to the community by saying "hey these items are exclusive to this years event" and then releasing them again, making them not exclusive anymore.
The other reasonable point is not lowering those items value in the process of lying to everyone.

If this year they made new vanities you would have a point. But re-releasing the old ones fucks over alot of people who paid what they're worth for being exclusive. My point was that people wanting to just get them for cheap are not seeing the negative impacts that would have on other players. 

It literally says exclusive in the description:
eXArwNa.png

Do any of us really deserve anything? This is game is free to play. But I'll agree somewhat. However, considering the circumstances with the Unova update and not having time to make a unique event this year for Halloween, giving it a pass is reasonable. 

My argument is in favor of not fucking anyone over. No one is losing anything by passing on the ween this year. All your comps, items, yen, everything is secure and there and worth what it's worth. But re-introducing old vanities will lower the value of them in some people's bags. K?

Don't be daft. This situation is an odd one seeing as they didn't have an event made this year because of being too busy with the new region, therefore, making the only options according to Kyu being to duplicate the event from last year or have nothing at all. The problem is that duplicating creates a mess with old vanity values. Under NORMAL circumstances of course there would be one.

How's that selfish? That's normal. Who is okay with losing money? Please enlighten me.

Yes, because you obvs don't care if they lose money and value on their shit they paid millions for. 

Agreed. 

You are entitled to your oppinion, but saying "we don't want the event from last year because it'll harm the economy, MY ECONOMY!" sounds pretty selfish to me, however i do agree some items are EXCLUSIVES and i don't mind if they don't return this year, but we can make halloween with all the other vanities. 

We are majority, and believe me, i'm not the one that's worried about losing or winning money, i just want halloween because i'm hyped since last year, not introducing it for such a reason as "Old players won't like this" is selfish and will benefit minority. Benefits to minority never turns out well.