PTS HYPE

7 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Well the thing is, for those designs to be available for the Halloween event, they'd need to have been made 9 months ago.

If you'd have asked us 9 months ago when Unova was going to be released - we'd either say we have absolutely no idea and maybe guessed earlier than it what it will be.

But that's just how development goes unfortunately.

9 months ago we certainly weren't thinking about this years Halloween event, because we had bigger things on our plate.

B-but you were thinking about Christmas, right? 

6 hours ago, MrReport said:

Hello Mr.Redspawn, I am going to respectfully disagree with you. I truly enjoy this game even with the limited amount of manpower. There is a saying that goes something like “there are too many cooks in the kitchen.” I think that the amount of manpower is alright. Plus, the bigger the team, the harder it is to keep track of people.

No that saying is wrong, that just means you are a really bad restaurant owner not able to manage restaurant space and personnel. I'm a team analystic and db admin for my company rn, and let me tell you this, I have 9 people under my wing, if I could have 5 more, I'd have them. It just depends on the resources you can waste, keep track of 10 people is easy, it's a bloody team for god sake, you make it sound like you're controlling an army. Their team consists of (I'm butchering this as I'm lazy rn to check the numbers) let's say 4-5 people. The project, even if is pretty much taking a LARGE amount of snipets and using it, aka a rom file, takes time, it's not something you learn from one day to another, much less how to implement 2D into a 3D environment without making it feel cheap etc. They could divide their team into the needed elements, from code, to analytics, to graphic designers, to physicists(although not needed cause well.. 2d and no movement other than the classic walk/run/bike/surf). A team well organized can coordinate their work 'more smoothly'. So no, lack of resources when so many are available and probably free, is the worst business decision you can make as you're just slowing progress down. 

This has a lot more complications behind it for sure behind it, and what I said is theory. Not anyone is fit for a team, and not all teams, are very welcoming to new members, because there's a chance of code leaked etc as it would not have a contract behind cause well... volunteering over the internet.

17 hours ago, SodaNaranja said:

Guys, we went really off-track with this thread, go to the Halloween event one to discuss stuff about Halloween.

I will probably test new hipster abilities and moves to see if they work or how they work(some moves change through generations)

4 hours ago, redspawn said:

No that saying is wrong, that just means you are a really bad restaurant owner not able to manage restaurant space and personnel. I'm a team analystic and db admin for my company rn, and let me tell you this, I have 9 people under my wing, if I could have 5 more, I'd have them. It just depends on the resources you can waste, keep track of 10 people is easy, it's a bloody team for god sake, you make it sound like you're controlling an army. Their team consists of (I'm butchering this as I'm lazy rn to check the numbers) let's say 4-5 people. The project, even if is pretty much taking a LARGE amount of snipets and using it, aka a rom file, takes time, it's not something you learn from one day to another, much less how to implement 2D into a 3D environment without making it feel cheap etc. They could divide their team into the needed elements, from code, to analytics, to graphic designers, to physicists(although not needed cause well.. 2d and no movement other than the classic walk/run/bike/surf). A team well organized can coordinate their work 'more smoothly'. So no, lack of resources when so many are available and probably free, is the worst business decision you can make as you're just slowing progress down. 

This has a lot more complications behind it for sure behind it, and what I said is theory. Not anyone is fit for a team, and not all teams, are very welcoming to new members, because there's a chance of code leaked etc as it would not have a contract behind cause well... volunteering over the internet.

Actually it is possible to have too many people working on something. There are only so many tasks that can run at the same time. Being that you are in a management position you should also know about dependent tasks as well. Some tasks cannot be completed without other tasks being done first. Logistics is but one reason for why they have not added dev team members. There is also the issue of trust and reliability. They can't afford to bring on a new, untrusted member and have them disappear in the middle of a task and have no idea how much progress was made on that task. Having been around this game since 2012 and having been in staff since 2013 I have come to a complete understanding that this team will always do what is best for the community in the long run.

19 hours ago, RealLifeAngel said:

I do not understand, what is the hype? s:

Hype is caused by near update. PTS is only a herald of it.

If you dont want to test few things and report what does not work you can always grease yourself with new content for fun and lulz.

6 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

Actually it is possible to have too many people working on something. There are only so many tasks that can run at the same time. Being that you are in a management position you should also know about dependent tasks as well. Some tasks cannot be completed without other tasks being done first. Logistics is but one reason for why they have not added dev team members. There is also the issue of trust and reliability. They can't afford to bring on a new, untrusted member and have them disappear in the middle of a task and have no idea how much progress was made on that task. Having been around this game since 2012 and having been in staff since 2013 I have come to a complete understanding that this team will always do what is best for the community in the long run.

I got to agree with you, but your first point is besides what I mean. 

But on the trust and reliability issue, I have 2 guys working for the company, started 1 month ago, have the same level of clearance on some stuff as me and some other people cause they sign a confidentiality agreement with the company. You guys should somewhat find a legal way to do the same, I know it mostly isn't easy cause this is pretty much ''leeching'' from nintendo and Gamefreaks, but in theory should be possible, anyone can have second intentions, even you can, after working so long with them, nothing prevents you from doing so, unless there's an agreement from both parties. I agree with your argument non the less, but I think there's more to the story, just the team doens't care enough to actually give it a try.

15 minutes ago, redspawn said:

But on the trust and reliability issue, I have 2 guys working for the company, started 1 month ago, have the same level of clearance on some stuff as me and some other people cause they sign a confidentiality agreement with the company. You guys should somewhat find a legal way to do the same, I know it mostly isn't easy cause this is pretty much ''leeching'' from nintendo and Gamefreaks, but in theory should be possible, anyone can have second intentions, even you can, after working so long with them, nothing prevents you from doing so, unless there's an agreement from both parties. I agree with your argument non the less, but I think there's more to the story, just the team doens't care enough to actually give it a try.

This team has worked together previously so they know each other's limitations as far as ability. Bringing a new person into the mix will slow things down  because you are not accounting for training time to orient them with coding style, how the code is organized, and build standards. Plus with the trust issue they could attempt to add malicious code to the base which would require more time for them to review that person's work. Trust is a huge issue. This is a close knit group and not an enterprise like where you work. Even with legal protections in place that doesn't mean there isn't a risk. Trust me when I say that it is better to let the development team do their thing and we can all sit back and be amazed with what they accomplish.

13 hours ago, redspawn said:

PokeMMO, as a project, has around 40 people contributing regularly. As we use a rolling release model for the project, it is continuously developed by people within various roles, and I consider our Translators, Tier Council, Moderators, and Game Masters an extension of us. Within that team comes people from all skill levels and skillsets, from all around the world, who are all potentially untrustworthy and malicious. But I'm assuming you mean "the Administrators" by this statement.

Each Administrator handles several roles within the organization, ranging from:

• Sysadmin, with around 15 services which we launch/maintain ourselves in production for Development/Public use
  • Management, with each "team" typically ranging from 10-20 people, with various specializations
  • Game Development, of which the main contributors have a minimum of 5 years of experience, some of them a decade, and which encompasses a written-from-scratch game client/server, custom toolsets, and an entirely rebalanced game experience tailored for an MMO format

This doesn't include the role of "SGM" which is essentially a pseudo-admin and manages recruitment of people to the GM/Mod teams as well as the daily tasks of managing the GMs/Moderators. Both of them have their own specialties which feed back into the project in various ways as well.

None of the people who I just described are easily replaceable; everyone has known each other for years, most of them have at least 3 years of experience in their own specialty, and every one typically works 6-10 hours per day on whatever is a necessity for the project. Each of the GMs and Moderators typically spend 4-5 hours a day just making sure that everything within the game goes alright too, and the people who are entirely volunteers tend to spend all of their free time within their roles if we request it.

2 hours ago, redspawn said:

I'm assuming that, as "a database admin," you're familiar with the concept of "Software as a Service." It seems you don't fully understand what "HR" does for you though, and that's fine; overly specialized engineering roles don't typically handle public-facing services or recruitment except from already vetted candidates. So, to give you a bit of a taste of what we deal with on a daily basis, I'll tell you a story:

Once upon a time there was a Game Master within our game who didn't like what we were doing. It was during one of our long-ass development cycles, just like this one, and he thought he could do better than us. He obviously didn't have source access or anything, but he decided he would copy the game as best he could, and subsequently failed miserably after a month of hype. During that time he tried to damage the project by taking whatever he could and claiming it was his own work, as he had access to the bug tracker we use internally to propose ideas for feedback from the feedback team. His problem was that he didn't respect the development process nor did he fully understand the necessities of an online service, or even that of a community. That ignorance is pretty common, and I can think of a dozen people during my own time as an SGM who got upset and tried to leave with a bang due to not gelling well.

The reason I'm telling this story is that you're taking two major things for granted within your company: The ability to pay people for full-time work and the accountability of an identity. 

The majority of people who contribute to the project do so out of kindness or satisfaction. Most of them entered as a blank slate and were trained over a period of years. We don't have any interest in knowing who our pseudonymous contributors are, and we're not going to change that, so there is no accountability to be had by an NDA. Ignoring how an NDA doesn't actually prevent problems (at best it provides discouragement), if you seriously think that an internationally-enforceable NDA would be worth the legal trouble or financial cost, then it seems clear to me that you've never been in our situation and don't have anything to say on the topic which needs listened to.

All of that is why your lecture, which boils down to "just hire more people lul," is useless; situations vary, risk tolerance between different people and companies vary, goals of a company vary, willing applicants vary, expected knowledge sets vary, expected skill sets vary, and expected compensation varies. If you think every situation is the same as yours, you are incredibly naive.

To everyone else, I apologize for derailing. I hope you enjoy the PTS.

38 minutes ago, Kyu said:

PokeMMO, as a project, has around 40 people contributing regularly. As we use a rolling release model for the project, it is continuously developed by people within various roles, and I consider our Translators, Tier Council, Moderators, and Game Masters an extension of us. Within that team comes people from all skill levels and skillsets, from all around the world, who are all potentially untrustworthy and malicious. But I'm assuming you mean "the Administrators" by this statement.

Each Administrator handles several roles within the organization, ranging from:

• Sysadmin, with around 15 services which we launch/maintain ourselves in production for Development/Public use
  • Management, with each "team" typically ranging from 10-20 people, with various specializations
  • Game Development, of which the main contributors have a minimum of 5 years of experience, some of them a decade, and which encompasses a written-from-scratch game client/server, custom toolsets, and an entirely rebalanced game experience tailored for an MMO format

This doesn't include the role of "SGM" which is essentially a pseudo-admin and manages recruitment of people to the GM/Mod teams as well as the daily tasks of managing the GMs/Moderators. Both of them have their own specialties which feed back into the project in various ways as well.

None of the people who I just described are easily replaceable; everyone has known each other for years, most of them have at least 3 years of experience in their own specialty, and every one typically works 6-10 hours per day on whatever is a necessity for the project. Each of the GMs and Moderators typically spend 4-5 hours a day just making sure that everything within the game goes alright too, and the people who are entirely volunteers tend to spend all of their free time within their roles if we request it.

I'm assuming that, as "a database admin," you're familiar with the concept of "Software as a Service." It seems you don't fully understand what "HR" does for you though, and that's fine; overly specialized engineering roles don't typically handle public-facing services or recruitment except from already vetted candidates. So, to give you a bit of a taste of what we deal with on a daily basis, I'll tell you a story:

Once upon a time there was a Game Master within our game who didn't like what we were doing. It was during one of our long-ass development cycles, just like this one, and he thought he could do better than us. He obviously didn't have source access or anything, but he decided he would copy the game as best he could, and subsequently failed miserably after a month of hype. During that time he tried to damage the project by taking whatever he could and claiming it was his own work, as he had access to the bug tracker we use internally to propose ideas for feedback from the feedback team. His problem was that he didn't respect the development process nor did he fully understand the necessities of an online service, or even that of a community. That ignorance is pretty common, and I can think of a dozen people during my own time as an SGM who got upset and tried to leave with a bang due to not gelling well.

The reason I'm telling this story is that you're taking two major things for granted within your company: The ability to pay people for full-time work and the accountability of an identity. 

The majority of people who contribute to the project do so out of kindness or satisfaction. Most of them entered as a blank slate and were trained over a period of years. We don't have any interest in knowing who our pseudononymous contributors are, and we're not going to change that, so there is no accountability to be had by an NDA. Ignoring how an NDA doesn't actually prevent problems (at best it provides discouragement), if you seriously think that an internationally-enforceable NDA would be worth the legal trouble or financial cost, then it seems clear to me that you've never been in our situation and don't have anything to say on the topic which needs listened to.

All of that is why your lecture, which boils down to "just hire more people lul," is useless; situations vary, risk tolerance between different people and companies vary, goals of a company vary, willing applicants vary, expected knowledge sets vary, expected skill sets vary, and expected compensation varies. If you think every situation is the same as yours, you are incredibly naive.

To everyone else, I apologize for derailing. I hope you enjoy the PTS.

By HR you mean human resources, I'm assuming, I do understand the importance of each role, and overall is a well built system, I won't disagree on that, but the faces that you guys show to the public makes us, public, look at you like you lack a good business model, I'm not telling you how to do your job, heck that's for you to decide, nobody else. I also know what SaaS is as a good part of what I'm doing currently is/was under that model. About the entire team in which you speak of 40+ people, if you do have a well built even if weird team, why is there that you guys never gave us any updates other than 2 PTS with months of distance, and 2 ''vlogs''. Also, keep in mind, having 1 year of experience but a flawless portfolio > having 15 years of experience with a bad portfolio, not saying is the case, but ''years'' is a outdated evaluation point rn for IT/AI related ''themes''.

I never said every situation is the same as mine, nor did I assume that, I just told you a point of view from the prespective of someone who also works in the industry although, not related. Ofc goals, metas, wtv you want to call it will vary, companies business model will vary, all that goes from company to company. To be fair with you, anything in this world is an act of encouragement, rules exist exactly for that, do not steal, do not bot, do not scam, does that mean one won't do it eventually. It's just some letters to discourage them but in the end and there's always someone who will not listen. 

Although yeah a NDA wouldn't be to bad of an idea in any case. That aside. Main point will be, if you guys are organized, not saying you to show faces or anything, that's not a necessity, but why do you guys update us once in a blue moon? Why is there that you guys found an excuse not to do Halloween again, aka instead of postponing 1 week pts and launch, because well what's 1 week after months without notices at all, and you guys decide to do it on halloween so you save yourself the trouble of making vanity etc, even if the event is the same every year? Was it to hard to prepare some vanity for it, you had 1 year to make 4 vanity, god damn. Why is it there that you guys, don't give us info? Heck it had to be us creating a thread, pressuring you, Toupi or Xatu created it, can't remember, for us to know a bit more about Unova development? 

____

All in all, thanks for clarifying some of the stuff. Still think you guys need to be more open to the public. Since in practice, it's us that keep the game alive(the few of us that still play, that is). Difficulties happen, bugs happen, frustration happens, we're all humans, so a few dev blogs here and there at least giving us an idea of how it's developing or the problems you're trying to fix right now, is definitely not a bad idea.

Edited by redspawn
1 hour ago, Kyu said:

Once upon a time there was a Game Master within our game who didn't like what we were doing. It was during one of our long-ass development cycles, just like this one, and he thought he could do better than us. He obviously didn't have sources access or anything, but he decided he would copy the game as best he could, and subsequently failed miserably after a month of hype. During that time he tried to damage the project by taking whatever he could and claiming it was his own work, as he had access to the bug tracker we use internally to propose ideas for feedback from the feedback team. His problem was that he didn't respect the development process nor did he fully understand the necessities of an online service, or even that of a community. That ignorance is pretty common, and I can think of a dozen people during my own time as an SGM who got upset and tried to leave with a bang due to not gelling well.

From a corporate standpoint, I feel your pain. Roy Rogers Incorporated is also very hesitant to hire people for co-hosts because of trust problems. Some people want to use my platform to promote themselves instead of the Roy Rogers brand. I want people that are willing to be with the brand instead of with themselves. I even try to stay out of Roy Rogers Incorporated even though I am the driver of it. RRI is about entertainment and also making sure people enjoy what they are watching, I am not perfect at that, but at the same time, I also have a story to say about the topic as well:

There was a guy who approached me and asked me if I can hire him as a co-host. I was a little hesitant at first, but then I brought him on board. Since I hired a lot of co-hosts in my time or volunteers for my content, I feel that I can openly tell this story since it is going to be difficult tracking the person I am referring to. As I was working with him, he started doing advertisements for himself and talked about himself a lot. There was one time where he even got into a confrontation with staff. I was very embarrassed and he did not know what he was working for. Since I hired him, I had to go to a higher up in the staff lounge and the higher up told me that I can "give him a second chance." As much as I appreciate the forgiveness, it was very embarrassing for me to work with him, so I dismissed him anyways.

I understand your hardships of finding the right candidate. They are out there, but they are very hard to find. Recruitment is very difficult, but also the trust factor is very important. I want to go to my channel knowing that I can trust the people I am working with. Sometimes, I pull candidates out of nowhere and interview them to see if they are fit for the job. When I see some of my volunteers or co-hosts going to the staff lounge, then I know I picked the right candidate. Shoutout to @jerryzoo, he was one of the best people that I hired to represent the Roy Rogers Brand. Not all of my co-hosts go to the staff lounge, but when some of them do, it is a pleasurable sight to see.

I am vetting a potential co-host for the lineup, but I would not recommend you to ask me for the position. I do not like people asking me for it, I want to approach them myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the PTS, good job. You guys really put in your blood, sweet, and tears into Unova. I know that Hoenn is hard, but Unova, wow! That is a pretty big region and if I can be honest with you all in the dev team, you guys work pretty fast. I am impressed! Unova is bigger than Kanto or Hoenn. I thought Unova would take a full year prior to announcement, but wow, I was wrong, just under it. I do not know much details in the development side of the game because the only things I develop are videos for the entertainment of the community as a whole.

Good luck releasing Unova, you'll need it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 minutes ago, redspawn said:

By HR you mean human resources, I'm assuming, I do understand the importance of each role, and overall is a well built system, I won't disagree on that, but the faces that you guys show to the public makes us, public, look at you like you lack a good business model, I'm not telling you how to do your job, heck that's for you to decide, nobody else. I also know what SaaS is as a good part of what I'm doing currently is/was under that model. About the entire team in which you speak of 40+ people, if you do have a well built even if weird team, why is there that you guys never gave us any updates other than 2 PTS with months of distance, and 2 ''vlogs''. Also, keep in mind, having 1 year of experience but a flawless portfolio > having 15 years of experience with a bad portfolio, not saying is the case, but ''years'' is a outdated evaluation point rn for IT/AI related ''themes''.

I never said every situation is the same as mine, nor did I assume that, I just told you a point of view from the prespective of someone who also works in the industry although, not related. Ofc goals, metas, wtv you want to call it will vary, companies business model will vary, all that goes from company to company. To be fair with you, anything in this world is an act of encouragement, rules exist exactly for that, do not steal, do not bot, do not scam, does that mean one won't do it eventually. It's just some letters to discourage them but in the end and there's always someone who will not listen. 

Although yeah a NDA wouldn't be to bad of an idea in any case. That aside. Main point will be, if you guys are organized, not saying you to show faces or anything, that's not a necessity, but why do you guys update us once in a blue moon? Why is there that you guys found an excuse not to do Halloween again, aka instead of postponing 1 week pts and launch, because well what's 1 week after months without notices at all, and you guys decide to do it on halloween so you save yourself the trouble of making vanity etc, even if the event is the same every year? Was it to hard to prepare some vanity for it, you had 1 year to make 4 vanity, god damn. Why is it there that you guys, don't give us info? Heck it had to be us creating a thread, pressuring you, Toupi or Xatu created it, can't remember, for us to know a bit more about Unova development? 

____

All in all, thanks for clarifying some of the stuff. Still think you guys need to be more open to the public. Since in practice, it's us that keep the game alive(the few of us that still play, that is).

I am a little too lazy to research the post, but I remember a guy by the name of @MrReport and he said something like "having too many cooks in the kitchen." I think he is right, having too many people running around could mess up things. For example, I am a third grader and I have a science project that I want to create. Instead of bringing in two to three kids to my house to work on the project, I bring the whole classroom, a few neighbours next door, the mailman, and my parents to my house to help me with the science project. Wouldn't that be a little bit of overkill?

Now you'll probably point to Activision Blizzard, but there is a problem. Activision Blizzard develops a lot of games instead of focusing on one game. The developers of PokeMMO focus their efforts on one game and they try to make sure that the game turns out well. Too much manpower leads to different opinions bumping into each other....

Nick (the third grader) - I think that we should create a Potato blaster!

Mailman - No, your just a stupid kid, you should create a envelope blaster!

Mom and Dad - Both of you are wrong, you should create an automatic Potato cutter!

Bill (the neighbour) - No, all of you are wrong! You should create an automatic lawn mower!

You might argue that everyone can have a general idea of what they want to develop, but lets play this example out...

You all agree that you want to make a shoe that glows in the dark. Lets see how this plays out.....

Nick (the third grader) - I want it to light up in green!

Mailman - Green is stupid, blue is the color of choice!

Mom and Dad - Why Blue or Green? Lets do Blue and Pink!

Bill (the neighbour) - Those colors are ridiculous, lets do Yellow!

------------------------------------------------------------------

My point is that having too many heads in one room is not a good thing. When I hire people for co-hosting, I like to stay short staffed so that way I can have a general direction with few disagreements. I don't want people to be pulling in different directions, maybe pull in two or three directions, but ten directions is a little much. Also the trust value plays a big factor, the smaller the amount of people working on a project, the more you can relate to that person and trust them.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates should not be organised in my view. That is what brings excitement to the game. Do you want to play a game that says: "Okay, at December 8th at 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time, there will be an update." Updates should be unpredictable and spontaneous to spice people up. Personally, I like jumping out of my chair (figuratively) and say to myself "man, the devs gave me a client present. Let me open it up!"

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification
52 minutes ago, redspawn said:

About the entire team in which you speak of 40+ people, if you do have a well built even if weird team, why is there that you guys never gave us any updates other than 2 PTS with months of distance, and 2 ''vlogs''.

Main point will be, if you guys are organized, not saying you to show faces or anything, that's not a necessity, but why do you guys update us once in a blue moon?

Why is it there that you guys, don't give us info? Heck it had to be us creating a thread, pressuring you, Toupi or Xatu created it, can't remember, for us to know a bit more about Unova development?

This is the third time we've gone dark for >8 months. After a while, people don't really accept "yes it's coming, no we don't know when." When we go into these long dev cycles, it's easier to just demo via the PTS than make a community announcement half our players can't read, so it seems a bit pointless to me to make frequent announcements which summarize as "we worked on the thing some more."

I think we did better this time than last time though, personally.

52 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Why is there that you guys found an excuse not to do Halloween again, aka instead of postponing 1 week pts and launch, because well what's 1 week after months without notices at all, and you guys decide to do it on halloween so you save yourself the trouble of making vanity etc, even if the event is the same every year? Was it to hard to prepare some vanity for it, you had 1 year to make 4 vanity, god damn.

We wanted this out in June, and at this point, we felt polishing new content was a better use of time than a recycled event.

Just now, Kyu said:

This is the third time we've gone dark for >8 months. After a while, people don't really accept "yes it's coming, no we don't know when." When we go into these long dev cycles, it's easier to just demo via the PTS than make a community announcement half our players can't read, so it seems a bit pointless to me to make frequent announcements which summarize as "we worked on the thing some more."

I think we did better this time than last time though, personally.

We wanted this out in June, and at this point, we felt polishing new content was a better use of time than a recycled event.

I guess we'll definitely not have event this year?, oh well disappointment, already building hype for next year.

9 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

I guess we'll definitely not have event this year?, oh well disappointment, already building hype for next year.

I'd like to, but again, people seemed a bit disappointed last year, so I'm not sure it's worth the time when it could be better spent on real end-game content. We're also really, really late with this update and I don't think we'd have enough time to iterate on NP's maps properly.

4 minutes ago, Kyu said:

I'd like to, but again, people seemed a bit disappointed last year, so I'm not sure it's worth the time when it could be better spent on real end-game content. We're also really, really late with this update and I don't think we'd have enough time to iterate on NP's maps properly.

Just skip the update and add Sinnoh for a super update in 2019. 

Just now, Kyu said:

I'd like de lost again, people seemed a bit disappointed last year, so I'm not sure it's worth the time when it could be better spent on real end-game content. We're also really, really late with this update and I don't think we'd have enough time to iterate on NP's maps properly.

It's ok, we understand devs had a rough year working on Unova but by looking at the previous pts the actual release will be definitely worth the sacrifice.

I'll be waiting for the next devlog.

8 hours ago, Kyu said:

I was also one of those disappointed, mostly because I wanted to try something more PVE related, or with more lore in it, idk, something that hooked you on to a story you know? But, either way, not for me but for most of the community as I literally never use vanity other than ghost costume sometimes. Gilan usually refers to runescape, best thing about runescape is the lore, they're selling point for me was the lore. And you guys could use them as a example, or even WoW, if you're more familiar with WoW.

Also Kyu, please... what are your translators for? Half the community can't read english? Heck I can translate both portuguese and spanish for you if that's needed. I kinda think you see all this as a 1 man army thing, while you have resources in your hand to use. I'm fine with no event, but doens't look like you guys even placed much thought into it last year when you had a ''free'' year(assuming you were not already developing unova), so that part was already expected by me and everyone to remain the same.

35 minutes ago, redspawn said:

I was also one of those disappointed, mostly because I wanted to try something more PVE related, or with more lore in it, idk, something that hooked you on to a story you know? But, either way, not for me but for most of the community as I literally never use vanity other than ghost costume sometimes. Gilan usually refers to runescape, best thing about runescape is the lore, they're selling point for me was the lore. And you guys could use them as a example, or even WoW, if you're more familiar with WoW.

Also Kyu, please... what are your translators for? Half the community can't read english? Heck I can translate both portuguese and spanish for you if that's needed. I kinda think you see all this as a 1 man army thing, while you have resources in your hand to use. I'm fine with no event, but doens't look like you guys even placed much thought into it last year when you had a ''free'' year(assuming you were not already developing unova), so that part was already expected by me and everyone to remain the same.

This is probably where you should stop posting, the devs of PokeMMO were probably working on Unova since 2016 even if just tinkering with it. You say you wanted something more PvE Related, well Unova Update is just that. 

If Kyu saw this as a 1 man army thing, he wouldn't have a team. 

Quality > Quantity

9 minutes ago, Kite said:

This is probably where you should stop posting, the devs of PokeMMO were probably working on Unova since 2016 even if just tinkering with it. You say you wanted something more PvE Related, well Unova Update is just that. 

If Kyu saw this as a 1 man army thing, he wouldn't have a team. 

Quality > Quantity

You should maybe read everything first instead of just picking a point. Also, Unova is not PvE, PvE needs to be challenging, Unova is another faceroll, bring a lvl 10 starmie with elemental set + amulet coin from the beginning of story, ez mode until elite4, bring lvl 100 starmie elemental set, ez elite4. Without knowing you can't assume they were working or not. I'm also not talking about Kyu team development team or anything, I'm talking about the way he's handling the public, aka you and me and everyone else. Maybe you should stop posting since you don't read properly.