Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
notmudkip0

PTS HYPE

Recommended Posts

Just now, Darkshade said:

Well you may be mildly disappointed, as we will be saving anything that isn't meant to be there for later regions.

 

However, all of the species than can be caught there and don't have a renewable source will be available and in a renewable fashion.

That's too bad, however no time for disappointment when we're haven a whole new bunch of pokemon anyways.

 

Wouldn't be an option to add a couple of pokemon in event hordes or dungeons? Like you used to do years ago before Hoenn was released, for example Snover in Christmas dungeon or in Hordes while it's winter since Seasons are going to be a thing?

 

Also, you are refering to pokemon such as Larvesta/Volcarona? Because as far as i remember an NPC gave a Larvesta egg and a single Volcarona appeared at Relic Castle. It would be a let down if the best pokemon (for me) of Unova only appeared as a 6x15 neutral nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, SodaNaranja said:

Wouldn't be an option to add a couple of pokemon in event hordes or dungeons? Like you used to do years ago before Hoenn was released, for example Snover in Christmas dungeon or in Hordes while it's winter since Seasons are going to be a thing?

Probably not.

 

We don't have many species left, and we don't really want to empty the cookie jar at this point - especially if it gives the precedent that we'll be giving out even more.

Unova is already fairly generous with its previous-gen species.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Probably not.

 

We don't have many species left, and we don't really want to empty the cookie jar at this point - especially if it gives the precedent that we'll be giving out even more.

Unova is already fairly generous with its previous-gen species.

Fair enough, will be looking forward to check the PTS for further information

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, DrButler said:

Grind some cash and buy them, just like people grinded for the vanities when the event was going on. Those "greedy older" players are the reason you can play the game today btw.

so what, they rule the pokemmo now, the new ones have no right to get items at events, they have to farm 300M to enrich the richest, just because they don't want to lower the price of items that are not even for sale

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Tougax said:

so what, they rule the pokemmo now, the new ones have no right to get items at events, they have to farm 300M to enrich the richest, just because they don't want to lower the price of items that are not even for sale

 

i just wonder what you´re trying to sell here. so you would sell your items for less than they are worth, because you wanna share with new people?

 

either get your ass grinding or keep whining. if you wanna go the mimimi route dont blame people who play the game for a long time already, because they decided to grind instead.

Edited by DrButler

Share this post


Link to post

we all getting all mixed here as there are three types of halloween items

 

- limited vanities from the gift shop, which are pretty much as any other limited vanities, these include:

 * Jack-o-lantern mask, 2015

 * Flamming skulls blue/orange, 2016

 

- Special vanities from the goodie bags, not counting the ones available in the gift shop:

 * Broomstick, 2015

 * Vampire fangs, 2015

 * Ghost costume, 2015

 * Scythe, 2016

 * Skeleton costume, 2016

 

- Special vanities from defeating the event boss, these are bound:

 * Pumpkin bag pack, 2015

 * Hockey mask, 2016

 

Lets keep this in mind while rambling about what is that you want introduced this year, and if I missed any (important) item let me know.

 

--

Now if you ask me, the first kind is pretty unlikely to be introduced again. The second ones are a perhaps, I mean, they are not even that expensive (Yes I have them all). The third ones I have mixed feelings about, last year many missed the mask since the event ended before f'ing halloween...

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tougax said:

give a chance for the new people to get the halloween vanities, it's not fair that the oldest players be so greedy

I feel like I am like a Google search engine. "Do you mean conservative instead of greedy?" Players on PokeMMO are like long-term investors, they invest in the in game clothing that is limited and hold on to it for years to come. The term would be conservative instead of greedy. Yes, there are a few exceptions, but most players try to spend wisely. I can relate to this concept because I am an in game capitalist, you can give your in game money for a service. Back in the day, I use to EV train for some competitive players back around 2014-15, and I did not call them "greedy," I knew I can work for them by doing a service for them. Giving new Halloween vanities would depreciate the value of the clothes that they bought a long time ago. Limited items in the gift shop should be a wise investing choice. I can wine about how I did not get the "Birthday Hat" vanity back when it came out, but I can also buy newer vanity and hold onto it.

 

My point is that not all players here are greedy, I am not greedy by any stretch of the imagination. Instead of releasing pokemon I caught, I ask myself "would this be of any use to anyone who is new to PokeMMO?" If the answer is yes, then I can hang around Viridian, Pewter, Cerulean, or Vermillion and look for someone to give that pokemon to. @Gilan has an excellent graph explaining this sort of thing (he was using the Scythe as an example).....

 

 

343f65fa73e774839938b063cc470234.png

 

Spoiler

Thank you Gilan for the explaining some concepts for the in game economy.

 

 

The Scythe was an item that was implemented back in 2016 and implementing it again would undervalue the people who held this item from the day it launched creating an in game financial crash. Shinies are like options in the investing world because your investing in a pokemon that could go up or down in value when the developers announce something big.

 

IE:

 

2014 - "Look at me! I got a shiny Smeargle! I am fifthly rich! YES!"

 

2017 - "........Artisan Cave....... WHY?????????"

 

If you really want to go for even more risk than options, do a ton of margins with those options and that is where the fun really begins.....

 

IE:

 

2014 - "I have 100 Lucky Eggs! I am RICH!!!"

 

2017 - "Uh oh, my eggs are about 800k now. So, 800k times 100 lucky eggs is 80 million, man I am far off from that shiny Salamance I wanted...."

 

My point is that each item, comp, shiny, and piece of clothing are different types of investments. Out of all the in game investment selection, I would say, Reward Points are less risky and the more risk you take, the more in game profit you make and the less risky you are, the less amount of profit you will get in game.

 

Spoiler

I understand that my post on this topic is very long winded, but I wanted Tougax to understand the concepts of our in game economy. I hope I did a good job in explaining it, and Tougax, if you have any questions, please notify me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Gilan said:

So you disagree with the notion of runescape's Party Hats, Halloween Masks, easter eggs, etc.?

Party Hats are arguably one of the best things of Runescape, giving you a super long term goal to go after and once achieved a symbol of wealth.

[Triggered]

 

So, to start off, yes, I can't speak for the person you were responding to, I do disagree with the notion of Runescape's limited holiday items. And so did the Runescape developers. That's why all the holiday items past 2001 and 2002 are untradeable, because the absurd values they reach as a result of nothing more than rarity, as the supply never increases, but demand also increases, is silly.

 

Having one time tradeable holiday vanity items doesn't encourage actually wearing or using the items, it encourages massive hoarding and attempts to manipulate the price in order to get massive profits. It turns what are supposed to be fun, festive decorative items into nothing more than bricks of cash for merchers to make bank off of, or people with too much money to flash their bank everywhere.

 

Yeah, the early Runescape holiday items are iconic for their high price/rarity, but there's a big difference between a mistake made by one of the earliest F2P MMOs which has had an absurd amount of players at least try the game, and some Ha-llo-ween items for PokeMMO. There is a blatant false equivalence here; They just can't be compared. The reason those items are iconic isn't JUST that they're one time holiday rares, it's a confluence of how early they were in Runescape (and by extension how few people were around to get them), how long Runescape has survived, how massive Runescape was, and how significant it was to the childhood of tons of children. Just because some holiday rarities became iconic in Runescape, doesn't mean that practice is good at all for the game; Runescape itself realized that, even they're the game which has these incredibly iconic rares.

 

If you look at the Oldschool RS server, they decided to release those same seasonal holiday items in the game en masse, but decided to not to make them untradeable. Instead, they just rerelease those items every year during their respective holiday. Why? Because the items themselves are iconic, so they wanted to add them in the game, but they did not want to encourage them being hoarded and merched for massive profit over a long period of time. There's a very good reason Runescape bans and tries to restrict price manipulation; Stuff like hoarding seasonals isn't actually beneficial to the game, and encourages gameplay which is, imo, pretty shitty.

 

Unless you're banking on your holiday items becoming super iconic, legendary items players will aspire to work up to.

 

But we already have super rare shinies as iconic items players can work up towards, and unless some craziness happens or PokeMMO continues for another 2 decades, a Halloween scythe is never going to come close to those. So why bother?

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I feel like I am like a Google search engine. "Do you mean conservative instead of greedy?" Players on PokeMMO are like long-term investors, they invest in the in game clothing that is limited and hold on to it for years to come. The term would be conservative instead of greedy. Yes, there are a few exceptions, but most players try to spend wisely. I can relate to this concept because I am an in game capitalist, you can give your in game money for a service. Back in the day, I use to EV train for some competitive players back around 2014-15, and I did not call them "greedy," I knew I can work for them by doing a service for them. Giving new Halloween vanities would depreciate the value of the clothes that they bought a long time ago. Limited items in the gift shop should be a wise investing choice. I can wine about how I did not get the "Birthday Hat" vanity back when it came out, but I can also buy newer vanity and hold onto it.

 

My point is that not all players here are greedy, I am not greedy by any stretch of the imagination. Instead of releasing pokemon I caught, I ask myself "would this be of any use to anyone who is new to PokeMMO?" If the answer is yes, then I can hang around Viridian, Pewter, Cerulean, or Vermillion and look for someone to give that pokemon to. @Gilan has an excellent graph explaining this sort of thing (he was using the Scythe as an example).....

 

 

343f65fa73e774839938b063cc470234.png

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Thank you Gilan for the explaining some concepts for the in game economy.

 

 

The Scythe was an item that was implemented back in 2016 and implementing it again would undervalue the people who held this item from the day it launched creating an in game financial crash. Shinies are like options in the investing world because your investing in a pokemon that could go up or down in value when the developers announce something big.

 

IE:

 

2014 - "Look at me! I got a shiny Smeargle! I am fifthly rich! YES!"

 

2017 - "........Artisan Cave....... WHY?????????"

 

If you really want to go for even more risk than options, do a ton of margins with those options and that is where the fun really begins.....

 

IE:

 

2014 - "I have 100 Lucky Eggs! I am RICH!!!"

 

2017 - "Uh oh, my eggs are about 800k now. So, 800k times 100 lucky eggs is 80 million, man I am far off from that shiny Salamance I wanted...."

 

My point is that each item, comp, shiny, and piece of clothing are different types of investments. Out of all the in game investment selection, I would say, Reward Points are less risky and the more risk you take, the more in game profit you make and the less risky you are, the less amount of profit you will get in game.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

I understand that my post on this topic is very long winded, but I wanted Tougax to understand the concepts of our in game economy. I hope I did a good job in explaining it, and Tougax, if you have any questions, please notify me.

 

If you have 100 lucky eggs, you're up for a surprise to which you'd take 100 days to sell them if 1 sold per day 800k ea, they used to be trade coins(no idea if they still are tbh), the only low risk investment is 5x31 comps or 3x25 2x31 comps that hold their static value of 900-1.2m and 250-400k respectively. They won't lose value cuz they will always be useful(not taking in consideration changing from gen3 to gen5, just a generalization), RP can lose value depending on what you invest into from there, donators is always a good investment for example, vanity is always 50/50, others are risky.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Senile said:

unless some craziness happens or PokeMMO continues for another 2 decades, a Halloween scythe is never going to come close to those. So why bother?

I think you answered your own long-winded question with just this statement. That is pretty much the dream, for this game to last decades and take off like that. 

Share this post


Link to post

>PTS Hype thread

>Discussing lack of halloween event

 

PTS is nice, will be interesting.

 

Halloween event should be reconsidered, as this one brings the community together in the form of hunting kids locations. It makes the game feel more alive and gives players a purpose.

As for the available items, it's a shame that no items have been designed honestly, I'm dissapointed to hear that.

So my suggestion would be to include the previous year's items in the 2017 goodie bags, but in a 'nerfed' rate. Cut the "droprate" of all those items in half, so the value is maintained to some degree. It's definitely better than nothing.

Advertising Halloween hype on social media brings back old players, then giving them a massive update shortly after will make them stay even longer.

I see a double opportunity here.

 

It all depends on the amount of dev-time spent on the implementation of the halloween event ofcourse. I can not judge this at all. Eventually it's a trade-off they need to decide, is it worth postponing the Unova update by a few days to include the Halloween event, or is it not?

 

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

@Darkshade


Save yourself the energy and focus on the primary update. We don't need a half-assed Halloween event when the real deal is almost here. 

I think we are in the minority on this argument. I agree with you 100% on the update. I would rather focus on the update than the Pumpking, but the community really wants to visit the Pumpking. If the community keeps on advocating for the event, then I would not be surprised if the dev team reverses course to do the event. I am ready for a PTS or an event at this point.

Share this post


Link to post

After Update is released , We will can customized moveset for old pokemons ? Even can choose new egg moves ?

Unless I must rebreed a lot my comps :/

And I think it will be interest if we create a challenge to go Unova :3

Edited by Startear

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Startear said:

After Update is released , We will can customized moveset for old pokemons ? Even can choose new egg moves ?

Unless I must rebreed a lot my comps :/

And I think it will be interest if we create a challenge to go Unova :3

Long time no see, I am not sure about this, but my gut is telling me that you might have to re-breed everything for new egg moves. I do know that we have to re-breed pokemon for hidden abilities (unless things change from here).

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

As for the available items, it's a shame that no items have been designed honestly, I'm dissapointed to hear that.

Well the thing is, for those designs to be available for the Halloween event, they'd need to have been made 9 months ago.

If you'd have asked us 9 months ago when Unova was going to be released - we'd either say we have absolutely no idea and maybe guessed earlier than it what it will be.

But that's just how development goes unfortunately.

 

9 months ago we certainly weren't thinking about this years Halloween event, because we had bigger things on our plate.

Share this post


Link to post

Senile, I respect you and your knowledge of video games, but I'm gonna stand my ground on this one.

 

1 hour ago, Senile said:

So, to start off, yes, I can't speak for the person you were responding to, I do disagree with the notion of Runescape's limited holiday items. And so did the Runescape developers. That's why all the holiday items past 2001 and 2002 are untradeable, because the absurd values they reach as a result of nothing more than rarity, as the supply never increases, but demand also increases, is silly.

 

Yeah, the early Runescape holiday items are iconic for their high price/rarity, but there's a big difference between a mistake made by one of the earliest F2P MMOs which has had an absurd amount of players at least try the game, and some Ha-llo-ween items for PokeMMO. There is a blatant false equivalence here; They just can't be compared. The reason those items are iconic isn't JUST that they're one time holiday rares, it's a confluence of how early they were in Runescape (and by extension how few people were around to get them), how long Runescape has survived, how massive Runescape was, and how significant it was to the childhood of tons of children. Just because some holiday rarities became iconic in Runescape, doesn't mean that practice is good at all for the game; Runescape itself realized that, even they're the game which has these incredibly iconic rares.

This is not true. While there was a period after the 2001 and 2002 events where the new holiday items were untradeable, they did begin making them tradeable again (christmas scythe and black santa hat to name a couple). If they really thought it to be a bad idea, then why did they continue to do it? Furthermore, the untradeable holiday items were never re-released, ensuring their exclusivity to the players who participated in that year (which I've seen arguments here about throwing away with).

 

No, there is an equivalence here and I'm not going to let you just blow it off. On the big scale, yes, PokeMMO cannot be equated to Runescape. But in this specific aspect, there is enough similarity that they can, and I believe should, be compared.

 

2 hours ago, Senile said:

Having one time tradeable holiday vanity items doesn't encourage actually wearing or using the items, it encourages massive hoarding and attempts to manipulate the price in order to get massive profits. It turns what are supposed to be fun, festive decorative items into nothing more than bricks of cash for merchers to make bank off of, or people with too much money to flash their bank everywhere.

 

If you look at the Oldschool RS server, they decided to release those same seasonal holiday items in the game en masse, but decided to not to make them untradeable. Instead, they just rerelease those items every year during their respective holiday. Why? Because the items themselves are iconic, so they wanted to add them in the game, but they did not want to encourage them being hoarded and merched for massive profit over a long period of time. There's a very good reason Runescape bans and tries to restrict price manipulation; Stuff like hoarding seasonals isn't actually beneficial to the game, and encourages gameplay which is, imo, pretty shitty.

 

Unless you're banking on your holiday items becoming super iconic, legendary items players will aspire to work up to.

 

But we already have super rare shinies as iconic items players can work up towards, and unless some craziness happens or PokeMMO continues for another 2 decades, a Halloween scythe is never going to come close to those. So why bother?

We're just going to have to disagree on this. I think having limited tradeable vanities adds another high, top-tier level to the gameplay of the economy.

 

Also, you said it yourself, the vanities will never reach the level of super rare shinies, so what's the issue? If you want the vanity you can get it.

Up until the point where we started discussing how to make the Halloween event possible this year (which btw, I don't think not having vanities is really the main issue why it's probably not gonna happen), these items not being reintroduced didn't seem to be a problem at all. Last Halloween, I don't remember people complaining about not being able to get the previous year's vanities in the 2016 goodie bags.

 

If it's just a matter of dressing up in Halloween clothing, then new vanities that DS comes up with should satisfy that. Like I said on the other thread, reusing the same holiday vanity over and over again seems boring and uncreative.

 

I still maintain that this is a case of people wanting something cool, but are unwilling to pay the price for it in-game, so they want the devs to release it again so they can get it. And as I've already stated before, rarity of vanities are a big part of what makes them "cool".

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Toupi said:

I was wondering about reactions of ppl from the past if i were a time traveler, arrive exactly 1year ago, and told them that in one year we will have entire new region and generation 5 but ppl still preffer to be butthurt over lack of halloween/reused vanities xd

LOL... WE WANT OUR TRICK OR TREATING... jk, but this and the Christmas event is a good way to make money for those willing to put in the work... I was looking forward to a good payout.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Bishav said:

 

Give us a chance at untradable vanities again please. Couldn't get that weird mask last year. 

 

Also please don't spoil the rare market. Give us farming/breeding supplies instead. With unova on the way it would be fine.

I have nothing else to say about your comment... but I wanted to say that your signature is addictive to look at lol... especially the bounce XD

Edited by LoganKK

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

Well the thing is, for those designs to be available for the Halloween event, they'd need to have been made 9 months ago.

If you'd have asked us 9 months ago when Unova was going to be released - we'd either say we have absolutely no idea and maybe guessed earlier than it what it will be.

But that's just how development goes unfortunately.

 

9 months ago we certainly weren't thinking about this years Halloween event, because we had bigger things on our plate.

it's ok bruh, just let me find shiny sandile on unova and ez next year halloween event sadly

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Well the thing is, for those designs to be available for the Halloween event, they'd need to have been made 9 months ago.

If you'd have asked us 9 months ago when Unova was going to be released - we'd either say we have absolutely no idea and maybe guessed earlier than it what it will be.

But that's just how development goes unfortunately.

 

9 months ago we certainly weren't thinking about this years Halloween event, because we had bigger things on our plate.

This is very valid and honest opinion imo. But I still strongly believe you guys should maybe increase the man power in your team, would help pushing updates faster, and would be more organized. Not saying you guys are doing a bad job, but sometimes seems like there's a general lack of organization overall, or people are to tired to dedicate a good amount of hours to it.. idk, we're all humans but it's kind of weird the business model you guys are following. Also believe you guys shouldn't neglect a seasonal event for the update. That's an excuse if you ask me, but this is one most of us are ok with since the update is a lot more important.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, redspawn said:

This is very valid and honest opinion imo. But I still strongly believe you guys should maybe increase the man power in your team, would help pushing updates faster, and would be more organized. Not saying you guys are doing a bad job, but sometimes seems like there's a general lack of organization overall, or people are to tired to dedicate a good amount of hours to it.. idk, we're all humans but it's kind of weird the business model you guys are following. Also believe you guys shouldn't neglect a seasonal event for the update. That's an excuse if you ask me, but this is one most of us are ok with since the update is a lot more important.

Hello Mr.Redspawn, I am going to respectfully disagree with you. I truly enjoy this game even with the limited amount of manpower. There is a saying that goes something like “there are too many cooks in the kitchen.” I think that the amount of manpower is alright. Plus, the bigger the team, the harder it is to keep track of people.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ChildishJesse said:

This will be the first time I'm joining the PTS, what will I need? (White/Black roms, etc)

Yes

Black/white ROM and PTS client when it comes on the forums

Edited by Bishav

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.