PTS HYPE

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

M8, I am insulted.

Honestly though, while there might just be enough time to whip up some more - the state of the vanities on the PTS is fairly different from those of the live server.

It's unlikely to be worth the time try and see if we can dig up the previous tools/make the old vanities compatible with the new ones, and then have to make sure that the Halloween vanities are then given their new IDs when we finally patch with a new region.

On top of this, vanities take a lot longer to create than you might think - making things compatible with each other can eat into time, and those which are animated/exist as full costume sets often have to drawn individually for every frame (We use 51 of these - and that is just counting the overworld).

Not to mention the confusion a patch without an update will bring at this point.

It's a real shame, because we would have liked to have given you something new this Halloween, but we've been really squeezed for development time.

Reveal hidden contents

Also

>8-bit

pls

Why don't you delay the PTS?

They prefer to participate in Halloween activities and then take part in the PTS

Edited by Hao
correct

I don't believe that releasing an item for 3 days or a week then never appearing again is the right course of action, items will just increase it's values to overwhelming prices. It's just unfair to new players that weren't there.

Having items such as scythe back for 3~5 days out of all the 360 days you won't be able to get sounds exclusive enough for me.

5 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

I don't believe that releasing an item for 3 days or a week then never appearing again is the right course of action, items will just increase it's values to overwhelming prices. It's just unfair to new players that weren't there.

Having items such as scythe back for 3~5 days out of all the 360 days you won't be able to get sounds exclusive enough for me.

heres the thing, its only valuable because its limited and they said it would be limited. you are saying its unfair to new players cause they werent their back then but that all goes away with new vanitys they can get that also are limited and boom happy people. 

10 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

that's what the seasonal gift shop items are for.

3 hours ago, Munya said:

I'm looking forward to what Kyu calls Gilligan next.

3 hours ago, Gilan said:

I blame @Desu for this.

Inside joke, man those were the good ole days. I remember back when I called Gilan that after Gilligan's Island the TV show. He gave me a few sessions and I eventually said it correctly. Due to Gilan tagging Desu, I assume he is a fan of that show as well?

3 hours ago, Kyu said:

Hush, Gilgar

Did I just start a trend three years ago? It seems like everyone is butchering Gilan's name now.

Spoiler

Gilan I feel sorry for you from here on. Good luck with your in game life.

3 hours ago, LoganKK said:

I was looking forward to the Halloween Event... Even if it's the same. I mean it was the same between 2015 and 2016, with the only difference being the items... The year exclusive vanity issue could be resolved by either just including specific vanities from each year (like maybe 1 or 2 from each year) and the rest being other items; some very useful (everstones), some not as useful (underpriced TMs)

Nah we don't want the same vanitites again. We want new ones or halloween is pointless. Implementing the same vanities from previous years would be the dumbest thing one can do. Literally I wouldn't even participate in the event if that were to be the case.

3 hours ago, Hao said:

A lot of people want pumpkin bags

It's exclusive for the 2015 halloween. Implementing it again would just be saddening. What is special about them if everyone has them. 

37 minutes ago, Ichigo said:

Nah we don't want the same vanitites again. We want new ones or halloween is pointless. Implementing the same vanities from previous years would be the dumbest thing one can do. Literally I wouldn't even participate in the event if that were to be the case.

It's exclusive for the 2015 halloween. Implementing it again would just be saddening. What is special about them if everyone has them. 

How would you feel if you just heard from the game and entered just to realize that you were late and never be getting some of the coolest vanities the game made or will make? It's not your fault but it's still a big let down.

I believe this is important since the game is growing and a bunch of new players are coming in, especially with the implementation of Unova.

7 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

How would you feel if you just heard from the game and entered just to realize that you were late and never be getting some of the coolest vanities the game made or will make? It's not your fault but it's still a big let down.

I believe this is important since the game is growing and a bunch of new players are coming in, especially with the implementation of Unova.

we should just make all vanities free that way no one ever has to feel left out or let down

5 minutes ago, Jate said:

we should just make all vanities free that way no one ever has to feel left out or let down

I'll bite:

Have you been even reading through? I'm saying 5 days out of 360 is not a big deal for stuff like Skeleton Costume or Scythe to reappear, it wouldn't hurt anybody. Also having single stuff that's worth 100m+ is insane. Just because a thing comes in then out forever, what's the point? What if you lose internet connection? Is it good just for the ones that have been playing since 2012? 

Exclusive Vanities shouldn't disappear forever. It would be good to see an exclusive back in the gift shop or obtainable as a quest (for those that aren't even tradeable) for 3 or 5 days every year or so.

1 hour ago, SodaNaranja said:

I'll bite:

Have you been even reading through? I'm saying 5 days out of 360 is not a big deal for stuff like Skeleton Costume or Scythe to reappear, it wouldn't hurt anybody. Also having single stuff that's worth 100m+ is insane. Just because a thing comes in then out forever, what's the point? What if you lose internet connection? Is it good just for the ones that have been playing since 2012? 

Exclusive Vanities shouldn't disappear forever. It would be good to see an exclusive back in the gift shop or obtainable as a quest (for those that aren't even tradeable) for 3 or 5 days every year or so.

So you disagree with the notion of runescape's Party Hats, Halloween Masks, easter eggs, etc.?

Party Hats are arguably one of the best things of Runescape, giving you a super long term goal to go after and once achieved a symbol of wealth.

14 minutes ago, Gilan said:

So you disagree with the notion of runescape's Party Hats, Halloween Masks, easter eggs, etc.?

Party Hats are arguably one of the best things of Runescape, giving you a super long term goal to go after and once achieved a symbol of wealth.

Never played runescape so i couldn't tell tbh, this is out of the discussion though, i just find dumb saying "If you repeat vanities then don't do halloween" or "make halloween without vanities at all" especially coming from players that play since 2013

14 minutes ago, Noad said:

@Munya and I vote to add Desu Lab Coats to the Goodie Bags as a Halloween trick to that Gideon guy 

Even as a joke, don’t scare me like that ;-;

9 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

Never played runescape so i couldn't tell tbh, this is out of the discussion though, i just find dumb saying "If you repeat vanities then don't do halloween" or "make halloween without vanities at all" especially coming from players that play since 2013

See, it’s because vanities work in that exclusive way with Runescape, and the fact that that system works so well there, that I believe it’s simply just a characteristic of MMO’s.

Am I the only person who couldn’t care less about missing the halloween event for one year? 

I know the event is fun and all but considering the sheer volume of man hours and work that the update is eating through, I feel it’s unreasonable to kick up such a huge fuss about not having one this one time. 

You’re only sacrificing one recycled (no disrespect intended) annual event for an update that is going to bring so much more to the game in the long term. I know which I’d choose

Edited by Zymogen