PTS HYPE

48 minutes ago, redspawn said:

You should maybe read everything first instead of just picking a point. Also, Unova is not PvE, PvE needs to be challenging, Unova is another faceroll, bring a lvl 10 starmie with elemental set + amulet coin from the beginning of story, ez mode until elite4, bring lvl 100 starmie elemental set, ez elite4. Without knowing you can't assume they were working or not. I'm also not talking about Kyu team development team or anything, I'm talking about the way he's handling the public, aka you and me and everyone else. Maybe you should stop posting since you don't read properly. 

You do realize what PvE means right? Player versus Environment, doing the story line IS PvE. That is just 1 aspect of PvE that Unova will bring. 

All you been doing is arguing telling him that he should hire more people to get updates faster and to have the Halloween event.

You claimed that Kyu was making excuses to not have the Halloween event. Who cares there isn't a Halloween event this year? Especially when we are getting a major update. Like seriously grow up. 

What you think you're talking about isn't what you're talking about. I'm simply calling you out on your own crap.

Just now, insertusernamehere said:

My question wasn't about the day of the release of the update, was/is about the gen5 pokes and if all of them will be available(besides the legendaries...) Sorry if i made you confused

But thank you

From what I recall every pokemonthat is in Black And White roms will be in the update minus Legendaries and Rotom.

29 minutes ago, Kite said:

You do realize what PvE means right? Player versus Environment, doing the story line IS PvE. That is just 1 aspect of PvE that Unova will bring. 

All you been doing is arguing telling him that he should hire more people to get updates faster and to have the Halloween event.

You claimed that Kyu was making excuses to not have the Halloween event. Who cares there isn't a Halloween event this year? Especially when we are getting a major update. Like seriously grow up. 

What you think you're talking about isn't what you're talking about. I'm simply calling you out on your own crap.

I give up on you, like seriously. I don't care about the event like I said, but they used it as an excuse, stop licking their shoes and accept the truth ffs. You're the one that really needs to grow up, is like talking to a wall or some shit, you read what you want, and then you keep on going with it. Please dude, about time you open your eyes. Either way, I'm out of this convo with you, since talking to you might be worst than talking to a wall.

First off, the face they show to the public is a 5-10 man team, nobody would have guessed that they actually have a well organized team with multiple people behind it other than the faces they show, not taking in consideration translators etc, those don't do development outside of translating story and wtv other there is. This was the first time Kyu told about the team, their hierarchy and how the team is organized function wise, plus how many people might be involved. 

Second,  he saying he doens't write more blogs because half the community can't read english, what are the traslator team there for? Please.

And third off, What does a major update have to do with halloween? Sicne the halloween we have and even Christmas event, is the bloody same every year? All they need to do is place some new vanity and people would shut up about halloween. Also please, tell me more about PvE, since you don't understand sarcasm it seems, either. A 'healthy' PvE, is one that is challenging and engaging, that requires you to learn mechanics, to use different meta builds etc, not one that needs 2 starmies. If he didn't told you PTS was NOW, and told you it was within 1 week, and took that week to make some vanity with DarkShade and his team, you'd have never known about PTS and this excuse and we'd get new vanities, this was just one way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone by them. 

__

With that said, I'll avoid answering you further as I think boot lickers don't realy deserve much answers.

Edited by redspawn
50 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

Hello everyone. Quick question.

When the real update comes out. Will all the gen5 pokes be available to catch? Besides the Legendaries...

Think Kyu said something like approx. 2 weeks after PTS.

Pokemon wise, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere, we're getting the gen5 pokemons WITHOUT gen 4 pokemons that don't naturally spawn, i.e. Gible evos(garchomp), rotoms, etc. Legendaries will come when they release Legendary Dungeons, which I think Desu or Kyu also said they wanted to release approx. 2 months(?) after Unova Release.

22 minutes ago, redspawn said:

I give up on you, like seriously. I don't care about the event like I said, but they used it as an excuse, stop licking their shoes and accept the truth ffs. You're the one that really needs to grow up, is like talking to a wall or some shit, you read what you want, and then you keep on going with it. Please dude, about time you open your eyes. Either way, I'm out of this convo with you, since talking to you might be worst than talking to a wall.

First off, the face they show to the public is a 5-10 man team, nobody would have guessed that they actually have a well organized team with multiple people behind it other than the faces they show, not taking in consideration translators etc, those don't do development outside of translating story and wtv other there is. This was the first time Kyu told about the team, their hierarchy and how the team is organized function wise, plus how many people might be involved. 

Second,  he saying he doens't write more blogs because half the community can't read english, what are the traslator team there for? Please.

And third off, What does a major update have to do with halloween? Sicne the halloween we have and even Christmas event, is the bloody same every year? All they need to do is place some new vanity and people would shut up about halloween. Also please, tell me more about PvE, since you don't understand sarcasm it seems, either. A 'healthy' PvE, is one that is challenging and engaging, that requires you to learn mechanics, to use different meta builds etc, not one that needs 2 starmies. If he didn't told you PTS was NOW, and told you it was within 1 week, and took that week to make some vanity with DarkShade and his team, you'd have never known about PTS and this excuse and we'd get new vanities, this was just one way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone by them. 

__

With that said, I'll avoid answering you further as I think boot lickers don't realy deserve much answers.

Or you just obviously don't know how much effort/work is required to put into making and maintaining a MMO especially from your responses.

IIRC the TOS or EULA states something like you have to know English to accept it or something like that (Something I seen one of the Mods or the ones with power on the forum said a long ass time ago so it could had changed since then, so PokeMMO team of translators isn't actually ever required. PokeMMO doesn't have to provide any translations. 

For a project like this, there is always a bigger team than you think there is. 

Especially with your 3rd response I'm pretty sure with a giant update it is a bit more important to implement to get it ready for PTS or even for release is going to have a higher priority over something that won't last a month. Dark Shade (Least I think it was him) even explained what he would have to do for the vanity items. Considering he makes them from scratch. Which for whatever reason you're refusing to accept.

As for "Challenging PvE" challenging is subjective. People seem to think for something to be challenging that either something takes hits hard and dishes heavy hits going to something that takes a long time to complete. Which time consumption doesn't equal a challenge, at that point it is only a matter of "when".

Even sadder when you claim you work for an industry (that isn't related) and don't seem to understand what goes on with a business. 

1 hour ago, Kite said:

Or you just obviously don't know how much effort/work is required to put into making and maintaining a MMO especially from your responses.

IIRC the TOS or EULA states something like you have to know English to accept it or something like that (Something I seen one of the Mods or the ones with power on the forum said a long ass time ago so it could had changed since then, so PokeMMO team of translators isn't actually ever required. PokeMMO doesn't have to provide any translations. 

For a project like this, there is always a bigger team than you think there is. 

Especially with your 3rd response I'm pretty sure with a giant update it is a bit more important to implement to get it ready for PTS or even for release is going to have a higher priority over something that won't last a month. Dark Shade (Least I think it was him) even explained what he would have to do for the vanity items. Considering he makes them from scratch. Which for whatever reason you're refusing to accept.

As for "Challenging PvE" challenging is subjective. People seem to think for something to be challenging that either something takes hits hard and dishes heavy hits going to something that takes a long time to complete. Which time consumption doesn't equal a challenge, at that point it is only a matter of "when".

Even sadder when you claim you work for an industry (that isn't related) and don't seem to understand what goes on with a business. 

Promised something and now I'm doing the opposite.

Your first point brings nothing useful to the discussion and is a complete different subject. Second line doens't make much sense, ever heard give credit where credit is due? Even if they're online contributors, I'm sure DarkShade likes to get credit for his work, and anyone else does. So no, the credits should belong to all and not just a few like they are doing.

Your second point also makes 0 sense, no they're not saints, no it doenst take as long as you believe to make the vanities, he explained it's not something you do in ''1 hour''. He also explained he uses some of the suggestions the public gives, which honestly, is awesome from his part. This makes his job somewhat easier, and delaying it 1 or 2 weeks to have that done would be the wisest move. The community was already upset about unova and 1 or 2 weeks were not going to aggravate that. Also with good time management from their part, they could have prepared halloween costumes at the same time they prepared for christmas last year, that would have been wise, as it would also kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Your 3rd point, what?! What does heavy hitting has to do with being challenging? You want a fun well designed game to understand what I mean? Portal franchise, 1 or 2, you choose, you want one with a really long PVE? Borderlands 2, pure PVE. Engaging, fun, with lore behind. What heavy hitting is there? Want an online that is amazing PvE wise? Especially Lore-wise? Like refered previously you have Runescape, it's also free(a small chunk of the content) if you wanna try to understand what I mean.

And no, I work for the industry as a front end developer, so it's the same industry but not related, previous to the position I was granted few months ago, I was a web developer for the same company only, so yes I have a few years behind my back. This doens't mean I ever made a game, the closest to this I can say I was required to make was a client for a particular client of ours. Closest to this would have been a few classic games I've remade in java for fun, minecraft, motherload, asteroids 2d, small projects. The sad part is that you don't realiaze my side of the coin, is not their side of the coin, and that was what Kyu explained to me and everyone, still doens't validate the way their handling the release. Effort is there obviously, otherwise the game would have died few weeks in, but mantaining? What is there to mantain other than moderate, if they release 1 update every few years now? I'm entitled to my opinion, you're entitled to yours, you wanna lick their shoes? Do it, just don't expect to be rewarded for that.

Edited by redspawn
14 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Promised something and now I'm doing the opposite.

Your first point brings nothing useful to the discussion and is a complete different subject. Second line doens't make much sense, ever heard give credit where credit is due? Even if they're online contributors, I'm sure DarkShade likes to get credit for his work, and anyone else does. So no, the credits should belong to all and not just a few like they are doing.

Your second point also makes 0 sense, no they're not saints, no it doenst take as long as you believe to make the vanities, he explained it's not something you do in ''1 hour''. He also explained he uses some of the suggestions the public gives, which honestly, is awesome from his part. This makes his job somewhat easier, and delaying it 1 or 2 weeks to have that done would be the wisest move. The community was already upset about unova and 1 or 2 weeks were not going to aggravate that. Also with good time management from their part, they could have prepared halloween costumes at the same time they prepared for christmas last year, that would have been wise, as it would also kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Your 3rd point, what?! What does heavy hitting has to do with being challenging? You want a fun well designed game to understand what I mean? Portal franchise, 1 or 2, you choose, you want one with a really long PVE? Borderlands 2, pure PVE. Engaging, fun, with lore behind. What heavy hitting is there? Want an online that is amazing PvE wise? Especially Lore-wise? Like refered previously you have Runescape, it's also free(a small chunk of the content) if you wanna try to understand what I mean.

And no, I work for the industry as a front end developer, so it's the same industry but not related, previous to the position I was granted few months ago, I was a web developer for the same company only, so yes I have a few years behind my back. This doens't mean I ever made a game, the closest to this I can say I was required to make was a client for a particular client of ours. Closest to this would have been a few classic games I've remade in java for fun, minecraft, motherload, asteroids 2d, small projects. The sad part is that you don't realiaze my side of the coin, is not their side of the coin, and that was what Kyu explained to me and everyone, still doens't validate the way their handling the release. Effort is there obviously, otherwise the game would have died few weeks in, but mantaining? What is there to mantain other than moderate, if they release 1 update every few years now? I'm entitled to my opinion, you're entitled to yours, you wanna lick their shoes? Do it, just don't expect to be rewarded for that.

1st part did deal with the discussion as you decided to talk about "translators" Which I stated that it isn't even required for PokeMMO to even have just because of that fact.
 Your 2nd point again does make sense if you pull your head out of your butt take a break and really think about what you're being told. You acted as if it takes no effort to make vanity items. My 3rd point is stating what people deem as a challenge. Some people feel like damage should be increased on say a boss. Do you even play video games to understand what Hard modes are which is considered "challenging"

Then next you refuse to understand where everyone else is coming from or refuse to accept how the PokeMMO Team chooses to operate. 

Nothing about what I'm telling you is being an opinion, everything here is a fact. This is how you're acting or at least showing people. So if that makes me a "shoe licker" then whatever. I'm still here to call out your bullcrap. 

45 minutes ago, Kite said:

1st part did deal with the discussion as you decided to talk about "translators" Which I stated that it isn't even required for PokeMMO to even have just because of that fact.
 Your 2nd point again does make sense if you pull your head out of your butt take a break and really think about what you're being told. You acted as if it takes no effort to make vanity items. My 3rd point is stating what people deem as a challenge. Some people feel like damage should be increased on say a boss. Do you even play video games to understand what Hard modes are which is considered "challenging"

Then next you refuse to understand where everyone else is coming from or refuse to accept how the PokeMMO Team chooses to operate. 

Nothing about what I'm telling you is being an opinion, everything here is a fact. This is how you're acting or at least showing people. So if that makes me a "shoe licker" then whatever. I'm still here to call out your bullcrap. 

Sure the first part dealt with the translator, this is where you sound ignorant, the first time. Let's then expand what you're saying. You're telling me translators are not required since EULA/ToS disclosures that it only needs to be written in english, a language spoken world wide. Sad thing is, why are there translators then? Oh wait, because more than half of the community doens't speak english properly, that, includes me aswell, I'm a poor english speaker, self taught because well, poor life choices in my youth. That's why there's translators in the game, oh wait let me guess, can't a vlog be written and translated to multiple languages, by those same translators? 
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Hard hitting means harder? No hard hitting means same mechanics, you just have to perfect them. I can quickly make you a tic tac toe game, grab minmax algorithm and make you 3 stages, to which you'll never win the hard one, where's the hard hitting part there? No where. There are plenty of different things, hint hint, mechanics. Hard modes, usually mean different mechanics on a good game, maybe you should play decent games, with good developers who took their time to re-do mechanics and make a hard boss. Try Guild Wars2, and try Challenge Mote in a fractal/raid for example and compare to normal fractal.

Yes there's plenty of stuff that you write that is your personal opinion. So please, let me quote you, ''pull your head out of your ass, take a break and re-think.'' ~ Some guy stating facts, 2017.

I won't waste my time with this anymore, sorry mate, you're just to narrow headed to understand half of what people try to tell you.

Edited by redspawn
few typos
38 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Okay, this is the breaking point. This is absurd. I can't even believe what I'm reading. You're suggesting that if they were more capable, they would have had the foresight to create Halloween vanity items almost a year in advance, knowing that they would be busy with Unova at the time? I don't even think they were working on Unova at the time they made the last Christmas event, and even if they were, why the fuck would they prepare vanity items that far in advance when the game has a history of reworking vanity items with new updates? Doing something like that would almost definitely end up being largely wasted effort. And guess what? The Unova update makes it pretty clear this is true. What you're saying is the opposite of good time management; Making vanities that far in advance is a fucking terrible idea.

I don't even understand why you're still talking about these Halloween vanities. You're so dismissive of any reasoning as to why it hasn't been done (all of which are pretty fucking reasonable), and dismiss the reasoning as to why it can't be done easily as excuses, and that they should just "Push back the update". You fucking replied to a post explaining why it can't be done, and why the vanities weren't done in advance, but it seems you have very poor memory, so let me quote it again:

On 10/24/2017 at 7:32 PM, Darkshade said:

Well the thing is, for those designs to be available for the Halloween event, they'd need to have been made 9 months ago.

If you'd have asked us 9 months ago when Unova was going to be released - we'd either say we have absolutely no idea and maybe guessed earlier than it what it will be.

But that's just how development goes unfortunately.

9 months ago we certainly weren't thinking about this years Halloween event, because we had bigger things on our plate.

Now, with the points I have made, is this a sufficient enough answer for you? Is this "Excuse" acceptable to you?

What is wrong with you people? And I'm not directing this at you, "Redspawn", I'm directing this at literally everyone asking for a Halloween event at the expense of the update. If the premise of the situation is that they can't really pump out the event, then LOGICALLY, you can INFER there's something keeping them from doing so. It's almost like it's been almost a full year since the last update on the public server, and the difference between the public client and the developer client is so different, that going back and adding stuff to an older revision to push out a tiny event on the public server would be waaay more trouble than it's worth, and they're obviously not yet satisfied with their current work enough to just push out what they have with an event attached, based on the fact that they haven't put out the update.

Why do you guys have to nitpick everything? Is it not enough to be told "No, we can't really do it", have the reasons why more or less spelled out to you in a way that could only be simpler to follow if they had a flowchart, and have the reasoning why it isn't worth trying to go through all the effort to do it anyway?

You guys seem to love asking for more communication from the devs, more frequent explanations of what's happening and why, but whenever they do, INVARIABLY, these expert Junior Game Developers come out of the woodwork, with no knowledge of how the game actually works or anything regarding the development of PokeMMO, or any MMO, and nitpick every fucking tiny detail the SGMs and Devs spill out onto the forum the second they think they might maybe not like what they're saying, and propose their own "Genius, 0 work" solutions to the problems they can't begin to have a real understanding of.

Why would they want to deal with that? I don't even want to read half the garbage people are spewing onto here, and it isn't even my problem. If I was actually a developer and read half the garbage posted on threads like these on a frequent basis, I wouldn't want to crawl out of Staff Lounge either, because it'd be significantly better for my mental health.

So, here's a question for you guys: How about, instead of trying to come up with Captain Hindsight-esque answers to how they should totally manage to pump out a Halloween event, you guys actually provide a reason they should? Because, as far as I can tell, the only reasoning I can ascertain as to why people want this event to happen is because...There was an event last year? They want their fucking Jack-O-Lantern hat? Other MMOs have holiday events? It's Halloween, not the second coming of Jesus, they don't need holiday events for the game to exist. Just because other MMOs do it doesn't mean PokeMMO will fucking implode if they skip it one year, or even just never fucking do them at all.

All the reasoning for why the Halloween event should happen is so inane it's painful, and none of the people begging for it actually accept any of the answers as to why it can't/won't happen, so why would the developers even fucking bother communicating the reasons? If "No because fuck you" is just as effective at getting people to understand as "No, here's why", why bother with the one that takes effort?

It's so easy to say "Just delay the update for a week, spend a week working on the Halloween event!", when you don't think of the developers as human beings whose time is a finite resource, and instead think of updates as things that just happen after an arbitrary amount of time passes, with an invisible counter nobody sees counting down until it reaches 0 and it's pushed to live. But no, the developers are people who actually have to take time out of there day to work on these updates, and I very much doubt they want to take a fucking week of time or however long to push back the thing they've been working on for 9 months to go back and rehash a basic Halloween event with 3 new hats.

So, sure, if you're just looking at things as a product of time, it might seem like a good deal. But I don't know about you, if I were them, I wouldn't want to waste my time on that garbage; Because there are significantly more important things to do, that are actually relevant, instead of just convoluted ways of putting out a spooky skeletman costume.

Anyway, 5th gen is alright I guess. I really like Excadrill.

Just now, Munya said:

I thought MarleyRoserade was your favorite

Roserade is 4th gen, and goes to bed wishing it was half as cool as Ferrothorn.

Besides, that thing isn't viable in OU, and everyone knows that the REAL men tiers are OU, Little Cup, and original PokeMMO NU.

2 minutes ago, Senile said:

Okay, this is the breaking point. This is absurd. I can't even believe what I'm reading. You're suggesting that if they were more capable, they would have had the foresight to create Halloween vanity items almost a year in advance, knowing that they would be busy with Unova at the time? I don't even think they were working on Unova at the time they made the last Christmas event, and even if they were, why the fuck would they prepare vanity items that far in advance when the game has a history of reworking vanity items with new updates? Doing something like that would almost definitely end up being largely wasted effort. And guess what? The Unova update makes it pretty clear this is true. What you're saying is the opposite of good time management; Making vanities that far in advance is a fucking terrible idea.

I gave a plausible solution imo, I do understand that from a point of view is ridiculous what I said there. I brought that up, due to the fact that this was really an excuse either you choose to see it that way or not. Focusing on Unova is the right decision imo, and I agree with their decision to prioritize is a lot more than halloween. But halloween being the same event, all they have to do is tweak the code a bit, include new bags etc and few vanity (Out of which they made a lot of cash via RP on skulls, I remember at a point I had 12 skulls to resell, and there were still people selling them left and right, to give you an idea, 1500RP iirc? that's 15 euros each for pixels.). To keep it short, things being done other way, there could have been halloween, more vanity into the game, and unova release, even if 1 or 2 weeks later due to taking that time to create some vanities, it would be a win-win situation for them and for us, that make profit with it aswell. So imo was a bad call, and more of an excuse not to be harsed to create them and focus entirely on the update. Like I said previously, I'm ok with that, no big deal at all. For you to say ''time is finite'', then you're treating other humans like their sheeps waitin on release for Unova, because no release date. I get what you're saying, but not the way to put stuff rn imo. Ofc time is finite, 1 week is not to long, and they definitely have that time, since community is kind of dead, tournaments is filled by the same 64 people over and over, CC barely have people entering, rankeds are at 600 Elo mark for top 100, which is ridiculous, although part of that is due to that system being bad cause of we not having a big enough playerbase sample playing comp. But ok, let's end that subject. Opinions are opinions, and this is mine, this is how I feel like things should have been done. Like I said to Kyu, the job is his, not mine, so I or anyone else, can't speak for him or for what he does, can just give an opinion.

13 minutes ago, Senile said:

Anyway, 5th gen is alright I guess. I really like Excadrill.

Volcarona is the real deal tho.

3 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

I love reading Senile's essays. 

arent his walls like the only reason why staff doesnt nuke these when the crazy start spiraling down? haha

Edited by axx

what senile said + thankyou staff for making the right choice and explaining it to us. dont let those nay sayers discourage you, their will always be nay syaers but they are in the minority. good job 

unrelated, senile i think that was a joke about you and marley having "hanky panky"