PTS HYPE

Since you guys are talking about the Halloween Event. What if you guys gave reward points and we could choose a vanity from past events? I wouldn't mind to get a chance of getting that jack-o'-lantern

It wasn't possible for me to play the event that time... and maybe other player would enjoy it too, and get a chance of getting the vanity that they missed

would be like a celebrations of past halloween events.

1 hour ago, Bishav said:

Give us a chance at untradable vanities again please. Couldn't get that weird mask last year. 

Also please don't spoil the rare market. Give us farming/breeding supplies instead. With unova on the way it would be fine.

Honestly I wouldn't be to bothered. It's not as rare as you believe them to be. And it gives new users a general interess to the event. plus is just cosmetics, imo they shouldn't even be rares to start with, shinies should be the rares of this game, not vanity, vanity should be for everyone, at least the event ones.

5 hours ago, SodaNaranja said:

How would you feel if you just heard from the game and entered just to realize that you were late and never be getting some of the coolest vanities the game made or will make? It's not your fault but it's still a big let down.

I believe this is important since the game is growing and a bunch of new players are coming in, especially with the implementation of Unova.

Tough luck. It's the best way to differentiate between old and new players. I've been here since the beginning so doesn't bother me. Coolest vanities must be a one time thing or what makes them cool?  And if they were available every year then they won't be exclusive. So No.

13 hours ago, Kyu said:

I'm not sure which is better, personally; since we put a lot of emphasis on yearly-exclusive vanities for holiday events, duplicating them would set precedent that holiday vanities aren't really exclusive, and would screw with the vanity economy a bit, pissing off older players. 

You got that right. Bringing em back would defs piss off older players. Leave the halloween event. The Unova update is on it's way and that's more then good enough. There is always next year where you devs could do some effort with halloween because I understand that the Unova project was a huge undertaking. Throwing a similiar halloween again would just be mehh.

7 hours ago, Ichigo said:

Nah we don't want the same vanitites again. We want new ones or halloween is pointless. Implementing the same vanities from previous years would be the dumbest thing one can do. Literally I wouldn't even participate in the event if that were to be the case.

I only said what I said as a form of compromise. Of course I would PREFER new ones, but if they don't have new ones and Halloween is in a week then new ones wouldn't be possible... revisiting just a few old ones would be better in my opinion than no event at all...

1 hour ago, Ichigo said:

Tough luck. It's the best way to differentiate between old and new players. I've been here since the beginning so doesn't bother me. Coolest vanities must be a one time thing or what makes them cool?  And if they were available every year then they won't be exclusive. So No.

That's not true at all... New players have the ability to BUY those older items... so it's not an accurate way of determining who is an old and who is a new player. Honestly the best way to determine that would be the dates they "met" their pokemon from the earlier dates, or when they joined their team (assuming they haven't been switching constantly), and (though this one isn't a perfect measurement) number of hours played slightly shows that... unless you're a kid who spends 24 hours during summertime playing...

Edited by LoganKK
3 hours ago, Bishav said:

Give us a chance at untradable vanities again please. Couldn't get that weird mask last year. 

Also please don't spoil the rare market. Give us farming/breeding supplies instead. With unova on the way it would be fine.

Now this is something that I cannot condone... Different from the rest of the vanities, these untradable ones cannot be sold and therefore ARE a great way of determining who is an odler player... Not only that, but who was a SKILLED player in the earlier days... I WOULD be angry if they repeated the untradable vanities. That's an ENTIRELY different situation...

My personal list of coolness: 

1.Halloween 2016

2.Halloween 2016 with mixed rewards from 2015 and 2016

3.Halloween 2016 without tradeable vanities(only mask, consumables and some items to fill the gap of vanities (We have no update in a year so what's the difference in skill if you beat boss then or now?))

4.no event at all.

Even if the last option is the one we get I would still be OK with that.  

Oh and to not offtop.. HYYYPEEE, can't wait for update hitting live

Edited by Toupi
Offtop fix
1 hour ago, Toupi said:

My personal list of coolness: 

1.Halloween 2016  to soon

2.Halloween 2016 with mixed rewards from 2015 and 2016 best idea rn

3.Halloween 2016 without tradeable vanities(only mask, consumables and some items to fill the gap of vanities (We have no update in a year so what's the difference in skill if you beat boss then or now?)) the mask itself is not the ''good'' vanity of 2016

4.no event at all. - fine by me, but then people will cry cause no event q.q

Even if the last option is the one we get I would still be OK with that.  

Oh and to not offtop.. HYYYPEEE, can't wait for update hitting live

1 hour ago, LoganKK said:

Now this is something that I cannot condone... Different from the rest of the vanities, these untradable ones cannot be sold and therefore ARE a great way of determining who is an odler player... Not only that, but who was a SKILLED player in the earlier days... I WOULD be angry if they repeated the untradable vanities. That's an ENTIRELY different situation...

This is what I was referring to mate.... Also with the normal vanities like broomstick ghost costume jack o lanturn these you can still get if you grind hard enough to be able to afford them. I see no reason for them to be repeated in a halloween. And Jack o lanturn is limited so obviously won't be repeated. Exclusive vanities can't be repeated because they won't be exclusive then. So yeh we agree on the exclusive ones atleast. 

I would like a halloween event but with random vanities/items but nothing from previous events. That is all I am against.

Ppl always complain about something... Events are a good way to make money... so i guess it would give new players a chance to make some money so they can compete in the future with the old players... Also it's not like the rare items would pop up like mushrooms in this event. Players would also have to work hard to get it. I am also sure that some players got lucky and got more then 1 good vanity while others that played the same amount of time, and worked hard, got zero... Also don't see how this could make any damage in the "Economy" or in the "price of rare items" of the game in fact could improve it a little bit... and maybe the item would get a lower price for now but would incrise again in no time...

I Always see things in a way that is good for ppl in general and i don't think always about myself or the things that i own in this game... It's a game with a good community and i guess the main goal should be to have fun either you are an old player or a new player

But i guess it's better to not have an event in any form if that is going to piss some of the "old players". Sorry new players... there's always next year. But Christmas Event is pretty cool so stay around :P

Anyway sorry for the suggestion and the off topic...

Looking forward for the new update and glad that is coming out soon. Hope that the new update doesn't "piss off"  the old players that didn't want a new region. ;) play safe guys and have fun

Edited by insertusernamehere
Just now, SodaNaranja said:

Guys, we went really off-track with this thread, go to the Halloween event one to discuss stuff about Halloween.

As much as the Pumpking wants to see me again, I would rather get a PTS over that monster that we always get tricked into feeding candy to every year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the PTS, I look forward to looking around to see what changed and hopefully give my viewers a peek into the PTS before the update. I look forward to Unova, I've been studying a lot about the region and the pokemon that inhabit it. I think Forretress has met its cousin Ferrothorn in Unova. I also like Jellicent over Tentacruel because of its ghost typing.

My Prediction: The developers of PokeMMO are going to be hitting a homerun with the implementation of Unova. The community is going to be cheering on the streets of PokeMMO just like they did back on January 13th of 2015 when Hoenn was first introduced.

Just now, Bestfriends said:

As much as the Pumpking wants to see me again, I would rather get a PTS over that monster that we always get tricked into feeding candy to every year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the PTS, I look forward to looking around to see what changed and hopefully give my viewers a peek into the PTS before the update. I look forward to Unova, I've been studying a lot about the region and the pokemon that inhabit it. I think Forretress has met its cousin Ferrothorn in Unova. I also like Jellicent over Tentacruel because of its ghost typing.

My Prediction: The developers of PokeMMO are going to be hitting a homerun with the implementation of Unova. The community is going to be cheering on the streets of PokeMMO just like they did back on January 13th of 2015 when Hoenn was first introduced.

My goal for this PTS is to find where i can grind new pokemon and see if they've put several ones that don't usually spawn in the original game, especially looking forward to find Riolu and Skorupi, however Skorupi does not appear in the original game.

22 minutes ago, Tougax said:

give a chance for the new people to get the halloween vanities, it's not fair that the oldest players be so greedy

Grind some cash and buy them, just like people grinded for the vanities when the event was going on. Those "greedy older" players are the reason you can play the game today btw.

27 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

My goal for this PTS is to find where i can grind new pokemon and see if they've put several ones that don't usually spawn in the original game, especially looking forward to find Riolu and Skorupi, however Skorupi does not appear in the original game.

Well you may be mildly disappointed, as we will be saving anything that isn't meant to be there for later regions.

However, all of the species than can be caught there and don't have a renewable source will be available and in a renewable fashion.