Shiny rate back to normal

Raederz

Question

Yo, lets put it back to 1/8192.

Do we really need rarest ones to be 300m+ worth ?

All those rare worth more than 50 perfect comps, does that mean anything ?

Also we have shiny breeding now wouldnt that  be cool to be able to make comp easier ? (ofc some have comp shinies, but looking for breeders for month to make 1 single comp isnt enought to be taken into consideration imo)

(Ye i know it's getting refused anyway but im so bored ingame, on a bad hunting run since months, i just dont get motivated anymore so lets have fun on forum maybe)

1 hour ago, Kizhaz said:

If the rate were to be raised there would be a large influx of shiny Pokemon being found not only every day, but every few hours perhaps. Think 1/8192, then however many people are online, then how many times all those people enter a wild battle or receive an egg.

This would severely lower the price of all shiny's ultimately destroying the market completely. Where's the fun in finding a shiny if you find them really often or a million other people have done the same

Kizhaz post basically sums it up pretty good. 

By changing the rate to 1/8192, you don't just increase the amount of rare shinies thus making them affordable. You also increase the amount of uncommon and common shinies to such an extend that they'd basically become worthless. With so many people playing at the same time, a lot more shinies would be found resulting in the complete collapse of the shiny economy with very few exceptions. 

Sure there are upsides to it too. Cheaper shinies, creatng competitive shinies (though they wouldn't be unique because everyone would have access to them), having more rare shinies around (which can also be a bad thing as the rares would eventually become semi-rare or even uncommon [ex: Snorlax]), and of course, finding more shinies in the wild. But then again the excitement also would shrink quite a bit each time as they'd pop up even more than they do in some cases today (looking at you, jajas). 

Having cheaper shinies isn't always a good thing either. Look at Lucky Eggs for example. They were rare and desired, until there was much more supply than demand and their value plummeted. Sure they're still useful, but nowhere near as desired as they once were. The same thing would happen to shinies. 

Want to sell your brand new shiny Vuplix because you need Yen for comps? Too bad, there are already 25 other Vulpix' on the market. Now what happens is you'll all undercut each other, making the value decrease more and more until the point where good comps could be worth more than the brand new shiny you just caught. Tl;dr basic economy. 

Everything would evolve around rare shinies, and those with rare shinies wouldn't even think about accepting the commons everyone and their nans have 8 of now. So now what do you do? Go hunt rare shinies yourself. And 200 other people do the same. And now that rare shiny is becoming semi-rare. It's already happening to a certain extend with the Charmander line. Of course it doesn't affect the value too much because of how desired it is, but if you seriously have a look at the pure number of shiny Charmander and evolutions that are around, it makes you wonder what would happen to all the other good shinies out there.

Doesn't sound that good anymore, does it? 

Negged for a bad idea.

Edited by Jindu
2 hours ago, Raederz said:

That would be a nice answeer but now they added shiny breeding

Also, Idk what "dynamic" it is to have many species represented by like 1 shiny encounter a year.

Just makes some monopoly shit that are the least desired thing from any point of view (except the credit card player)

Just because there is a sink for something that does not mean balancing mechanics should disappear.

3 hours ago, Raederz said:

That's not balancing that's choice between two viables situations

No it is not. By changing the race back to the vanilla rate you make it easier to find a shiny, which is bad for mmos, which decreases the desireability and rarity of each species. Prices will plummet and the player controlled market will crash because shiny Pokémon are no longer something special.

Just now, XelaKebert said:

No it is not. By changing the race back to the vanilla rate you make it easier to find a shiny, which is bad for mmos, which decreases the desireability and rarity of each species. Prices will plummet and the player controlled market will crash because shiny Pokémon are no longer something special.

but dynamic rates, the way kyu refers to, even tho I don't want to believe it's true. It's insane lol, I'm at 39903 encounters at bagons. And that's only counting singles, nothing, 5 weeks on it.

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

but dynamic rates, the way kyu refers to, even tho I don't want to believe it's true. It's insane lol, I'm at 39903 encounters at bagons. And that's only counting singles, nothing, 5 weeks on it.

While there is a certain threshold at which you are almost guaranteed to encounter a shiny you can still have extremely horrible RNG and land in that slim chance you don't encounter a shiny by that point. Remember that the shininess of an encounter is dependent upon the roll of that encounter and not any encounter before it.

Just now, XelaKebert said:

While there is a certain threshold at which you are almost guaranteed to encounter a shiny you can still have extremely horrible RNG and land in that slim chance you don't encounter a shiny by that point. Remember that the shininess of an encounter is dependent upon the roll of that encounter and not any encounter before it.

yeah roles are independent one from another, I know that, and I also know about RNG, just seems pretty odd, cause 20k on medicham, nothing to show(hordes), 40k singles, nothing to show off. Don't take me wrong, this is bullshit imo. But yeah I do understand how odds work, and given you guys have ridiculous and unecessary odds, it can sometimes get frustrating.