Shiny rate back to normal

Raederz

Question

Yo, lets put it back to 1/8192.

Do we really need rarest ones to be 300m+ worth ?

All those rare worth more than 50 perfect comps, does that mean anything ?

Also we have shiny breeding now wouldnt that  be cool to be able to make comp easier ? (ofc some have comp shinies, but looking for breeders for month to make 1 single comp isnt enought to be taken into consideration imo)

(Ye i know it's getting refused anyway but im so bored ingame, on a bad hunting run since months, i just dont get motivated anymore so lets have fun on forum maybe)

27 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Yo, lets put it back to 1/8192.

Do we really need rarest ones to be 300m+ worth ?

All those rare worth more than 50 perfect comps, does that mean anything ?

Also we have shiny breeding now wouldnt that  be cool to be able to make comp easier ? (ofc some have comp shinies, but looking for breeders for month to make 1 single comp isnt enought to be taken into consideration imo)

(Ye i know it's getting refused anyway but im so bored ingame, on a bad hunting run since months, i just dont get motivated anymore so lets have fun on forum maybe)

There has to be a sense of progression in this game. I'm fine with them having wtv rate they want as long as they tell us the rate. Which they don't for some reason.

2 minutes ago, redspawn said:

There has to be a sense of progression in this game. I'm fine with them having wtv rate they want as long as they tell us the rate. Which they don't for some reason.

"People would complain if they figure they are unlucky" like if they needed to know the rate for that.

38 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I got a better solution, disable shinys overall. Make all shiny pokes non-shiny. Imagine the cries and rage!

I got an even better solution: make a npc or item that turns normal into shiny and vice versa. Rip shiny economy.

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

they dont because the rate varies from player to player, if they think you are cheating for some reason there goes your chance of finding a shiny for the month

Just now, axx said:

they dont because the rate varies from player to player, if they think you are cheating for some reason there goes your chance of finding a shiny for the month

Lmao thanks for making my day ahah This is highly unlikely to be the case, like chances are probably worst than the shiny rate, of this being true.

5 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Lmao thanks for making my day ahah This is highly unlikely to be the case, like chances are probably worst than the shiny rate, of this being true.

ugh you are in for a surprise buddy

I'm totally behind this,i'm sick and tired wasting my money with the donator status so in the end i have nothing.Every time I see people being luckier than me,It's just get me more demotivated and I'm more than sure that i'm not he only one who has already lived this scenario,so if you're not planning in making it 1/8192,at least reduce it so people like me can have a little bit more of luck.

Edited by AlitoFernando
english
6 minutes ago, redspawn said:

trust me, what you said can be applied to anything RNG related. Any move you make changes the odds on anything. It's just conspiracy, and if it's a 1/30k rate for example, one can never get it, and one can get 5, as long as the 1 remains true.

have fun, couldn't find the original thread but should be linked somewhere in here

ohhhhh found the post

Edited by axx
3 minutes ago, axx said:

have fun, couldn't find the original thread but should be linked somewhere in here

proofs, where? Link me the part of the code that was leaked that generates your odds into your account file please.

edit: 

Found it for you, still don't see where that goes in, you cheat? You get banned easy. If there's a guy who got 3 shiny dittos within a month, anything can happen.

Edited by redspawn
4 minutes ago, AlitoFernando said:

I'm totally behind this,i'm sick and tired wasting my money with the donator status so in the end i have nothing.

So, what you're saying is that reverting the shiny rate back to handheld rates will stop you from buying donator status tickets?

From a dev perspective, you just gave them a reason to not change it, as they'd be losing money.

Personally, a dynamic shiny rate is necessary in an mmo environment for the mechanic to remain sustainable.

Just now, Tyrone said:

So, what you're saying is that reverting the shiny rate back to handheld rates will stop you from buying donator status tickets?

From a dev perspective, you just gave them a reason to not change it, as they'd be losing money.

Personally, a dynamic shiny rate is necessary in an mmo environment for the mechanic to remain sustainable.

fair enough,but I guess it won't stop other people from buying it.Moreover,they win more money with the vanity items and the ticket for changing names/gender or makeover kit

I feel like people misunderstand what and how the dynamic shiny rate works (not that I have any hard evidence on it). But just from personal experience, I don't think the dynamic shiny rate is as extreme as you guys believe it to be. I mean, I've gotten 6 OT shinies. A couple have been obtained after hunting for 10-12 hours straight. I'd say that if you are actually legitimately playing the game, you don't have to worry about it.

48 minutes ago, Gilan said:

if you are actually legitimately playing the game, you don't have to worry about it.

Well,that's the problem here,many players give up their social life (so i did once) just to find a single shiny but all their hopes fades away as they've spent all their entire time in front of a screen looking for pixels but sadly they end up with nothing knowing that they could've spent their time in more important stuffs.  

14 minutes ago, AlitoFernando said:

Well,that's the problem here,many players give up their social life (so i did once) just to find a single shiny but all their hopes fades away as they've spent all their entire time in front of a screen looking for pixels but sadly they end up with nothing knowing that they could've spent their time in more important stuffs.  

The point I was making is that I think a lot of people just assume that they have a 0% rate because of something they did in the past, but I think that they are wrong to believe that.

And then there are people like me. The ones who have found two shinies but have none in their PC because the two encountered escaped.

I say it should be possible to reset the rate individually. Keep the dynamic rate, but allow us to randomize our own rates. With a cooldown of course, probably 30 days.

// This is a silent request to have a GM reset my rate lmao. I've encountered 200k pokemon since my last shiny and nothing. Zip, nil, nada.

3 hours ago, blahblahbal said:

And then there are people like me. The ones who have found two shinies but have none in their PC because the two encountered escaped.

I say it should be possible to reset the rate individually. Keep the dynamic rate, but allow us to randomize our own rates. With a cooldown of course, probably 30 days.

// This is a silent request to have a GM reset my rate lmao. I've encountered 200k pokemon since my last shiny and nothing. Zip, nil, nada.

completely off topic,we're talking about guys who doesn't have met a single shiny here.

Edited by AlitoFernando
15 hours ago, Tyrone said:

That would be a nice answeer but now they added shiny breeding

Also, Idk what "dynamic" it is to have many species represented by like 1 shiny encounter a year.

Just makes some monopoly shit that are the least desired thing from any point of view (except the credit card player)

I'd prefer a static rate even when the shiny rate was standard as the handheld games people still bought donator status.

I been playing pokemon for nearly 20 years and only ran across 1 shiny. (I don't count PokeMMO otherwise 2). So the standard rate was fine as is.

If the rate were to be raised there would be a large influx of shiny Pokemon being found not only every day, but every few hours perhaps. Think 1/8192, then however many people are online, then how many times all those people enter a wild battle or receive an egg.

This would severely lower the price of all shiny's ultimately destroying the market completely. Where's the fun in finding a shiny if you find them really often or a million other people have done the same

10 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

If the rate were to be raised there would be a large influx of shiny Pokemon being found not only every day, but every few hours perhaps. Think 1/8192, then however many people are online, then how many times all those people enter a wild battle or receive an egg.

This would severely lower the price of all shiny's ultimately destroying the market completely. Where's the fun in finding a shiny if you find them really often or a million other people have done the same

That wouldn't matter that much, over time a lot of shiny pokemon are going to be encountered which after a period of time everyone is going to have a shiny pokemon. So the argument of "million other people have shiny pokemon" can't exist in an MMO.