Team Tournament December (Saturday 16th December)

e2dba39a64e1bda4dbdddcff73830376.png

~Welcome to the Official PokeMMO Team Tournament of December 2017~

These are monthly competitive tournaments where teams can test their skill against each other.
Players battle as teams (5 at a time). Teams can switch out which members compete between rounds.

AW will be given the opportunity to defend their title from November  2017. They have earned a registration slot. 

5 players from each team

The top spot will be an OU Match

The top spot will be an OU Match

Below, there will be UU Match

Details:
16 Teams | 6v6 | Tournament Mode Duels |
Date & Time:
Saturday 16th December - 15:00 EST | 20:00 GMT

Date: Thursday 14th Decemberr
Time: 15:00 
EST | 20:00 GMT

All the players that are playing must be registered! Only those players are allowed to play for your team.
One representative from their own team registers their players (posts edited after the tournament has begun will lead to DQ)
Team Name:
Team Tag:
Registered Players:
Team Captain:

(Note: The Team Captain is who I will be contacting if I need to relay information to your team.)
If I notice your team is an alt team, when creating the bracket and reserves list I will put that team on the last spot of reserves.

Player gap:

Since we're playing 5 players each round, I think 20 players is really max.

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Evasion/Hax Item/Bag Item/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean.

Banned Moves:
Baton Pass

-Banned mons soon

Prize:

The winning team will receive:
star_off.gif 650k for each 3 winners

star_off.gif Guaranteed spot in next month's Team Tournament

star_off.gif Player sprites on next month's tournament poster
star_off.gif Entry into the PokeMMO Hall of Fame 

Notes:

• Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ.

• Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.

• Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extensions will be given.

• Time clause is in effect for stalemate battles in round 1 and 2. When there is a tie (1-1) and the third match takes over an hour, a decision by the host/GM may be made about the outcome of the duel.

Hosts: Bear

• Yohannovich changed the title to Team Tournament December (Saturday 16th) December
  • Bearminator unlocked this topic
47 minutes ago, MknsZblex said:

I see five nice choices:

OU / UU / Dubs 

OU / OU / UU

OU / OU / Dubs

OU / OU / UU / UU / Dubs

OU / OU / UU / Dubs / Dubs

B..but, it's just my opinion :) 

Personally I think that next one could be ou uu dubs even but we will for sure inform players earlier :) gonna see support and discussion in game during TT as well, community imput is I mportant as well so we will see. 

Doubles is fine to play considering prior moves are working again (follow me). The downside is that upper gen moves that would be effective in our meta aren't (wide guard). It's a shame but no reason to say no to dubs. It just means dubs right now isn't a good representation of what the tier will be down the road. It's more of an expanded version of the old meta pre update.

tl;dr Dubs not broke, let's play. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Doubles isn't broken, it's just that the new additions aren't working. Geez.

The new additions not working is another issue, but we would still have to deal with the leftovers bug animation, the random weather bug and the lighting rod bug. It's also lame to ask people to prepare for a doubles meta that will last at most a few weeks (until the update). Doubles will be completly different once we get the new additions, unlike singles that will change, but certainly not as much.

23 minutes ago, gbwead said:

The new additions not working is another issue, but we would still have to deal with the leftovers bug animation, the random weather bug and the lighting rod bug. It's also lame to ask people to prepare for a doubles meta that will last at most a few weeks (until the update). Doubles will be completly different once we get the new additions, unlike singles that will change, but certainly not as much.

• The timer thing seems to be functioning right in singles, which is odd. Dunno about dubs.
  • What's the weather bug?
  • Lightning Rod + Volt Switch you mean?
3 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:
  • The timer thing seems to be functioning right in singles, which is odd. Dunno about dubs.
  • What's the weather bug?
  • Lightning Rod + Volt Switch you mean?
  • I heard it wasn't fixed yet, but I haven't tested myself.
  • Speed isn't taking into account when the abilities Drought/Sand Stream/Drizzle are activated. 
  • Discharge is completly negated by Lighting Rod when it should still hit adjacent mons.
Just now, gbwead said:
  • I heard it wasn't fixed yet, but I haven't tested myself.
  • Speed isn't taking into account when the abilities Drought/Sand Stream/Drizzle are activated. 
  • Discharge is completly negated by Lighting Rod when it should still hit adjacent mons.

Didn't know about the weather/speed thing, that's just dubs right?

Discharge so minor, ban it!

5 hours ago, Bearminator said:

Like in First post, we will stay with 2xou and uu again.

Question is, with which tiers we will go next month but we will most likely either repeat it or change one tier . Up to discussion as well

2xou 1xuu, next month too, unless there is a significant change in tier / fix bugs or some other shits

Team Name: Pokemon Aura
Team Tag: [AURA] with that weird A
Registered Players: AbdOu, YettoDie, Hyperchaser, EVLGOON, BlueBreath, Raptori, Rynners, eredita, Sheroo, makarovmaster, Excavalier, AlateaOlwyn, Kaerodactyl, Maekaaay, Axellgor, Nadeelia, Mystic, Spaintakula, TheFireLion, Ahreum, TheBloo, Forfiter
Team Captain: Forfiter

Edited by RysPicz

Team Name: Áventerrør
Team Tag: ÁvE
Registered Players: PerfOne, xZuteZz, MrPulsar, xAnzar, Linken, SteveDerBaum, DeepRoap, BestRUMBLEeu, SolesBlack, teapLay, MosesBrenner, KaefersammlerTom, Hilfe, Metalhammer
Team Captain: SteveDerBaum

Edited by kbrocking