Add more masterballs IG

Calculatrize

Question

12 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, Calculatrize said:

^

It would be nice if we could find them in the mystery boxes or as a prize in the contests since no one does them anyways (with a rare % ofc). Leave them untradeable if people think it makes the game "too easy" 

I believe we have plans for Master Balls further into development; adding more of them would not be ideal.

11 hours ago, AlitoFernando said:

so what if a player has already used his master balls ?

sht happens. If you value them so much, maybe you should have used them more wisely and/or saved them.

Personal opinion, can't see masterballs beings very useful other than the ''1 in a million'' shiny you'll encounter in a lifetime where you have no other ball. With that said, no ragrets that I wasted mine as I carry 4k pokeballs with me.

19 hours ago, Darkshade said:

I believe we have plans for Master Balls further into development; adding more of them would not be ideal.

Good evening, long time since we spoke. I think I can float an idea that may make the development team happy. Why not remove all the master balls from the story line and make them official prizes for tournaments? I would be alright with the idea.

8 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Good evening, long time since we spoke. I think I can float an idea that may make the development team happy. Why not remove all the master balls from the story line and make them official prizes for tournaments? I would be alright with the idea.

That is quite frankly stupid, that would force anyone that wants a master ball to participate in tournaments, & not everyone likes participating in tournaments & speaking as someone like that, it would not be fair to casual & social players.

Should remain in the storyline like canonically intended, & should be reward as prizes lol which is infinitely better than what you just suggested lol

3 minutes ago, RealLifeAngel said:

That is quite frankly stupid, that would force anyone that wants a master ball to participate in tournaments, & not everyone likes participating in tournaments & speaking as someone like that, it would not be fair to casual & social players.

Should remain in the storyline like canonically intended, & should be reward as prizes lol which is infinitely better than what you just suggested lol

How about for prizes for Catchathons or Hide and Seek events? They can appeal to a casual player base.

How about a little mix of your idea and my idea?

Have only one master ball in PokeMMO which would be located in Unova and the other two locations can be replaced with Dusk Balls (since a lot of players enjoy Dusk balls, I figured that this would be a fitting replacement). This would promote more people to join Catchathons and Hide and Seek events which require in game registration like going to Channel 7 and partaking in those events. Events for the not so competitively minded and would encourage newer players to submerge themselves in the inner workings of the game.

Just now, Bestfriends said:

How about for prizes for Catchathons or Hide and Seek events? They can appeal to a casual player base.

How about a little mix of your idea and my idea?

Have only one master ball in PokeMMO which would be located in Unova and the other two locations can be replaced with Dusk Balls (since a lot of players enjoy Dusk balls, I figured that this would be a fitting replacement). This would promote more people to join Catchathons and Hide and Seek events which require in game registration like going to Channel 7 and partaking in those events. Events for the not so competitively minded and would encourage newer players to submerge themselves in the inner workings of the game.

Some people do not even want to participate in those. I agree, they should be offered as prizes in all different kinds of events, but my main argument is that they should remain obtainable in all their canonical methods, most ppl do not even know where to find the most basic of shit, asking the most redundant questions about things that have remained unchanged since Pokémon red lol let alone what a duskball is, but still expect the master ball to be obtainable in their original ways. 

3 minutes ago, RealLifeAngel said:

Some people do not even want to participate in those. I agree, they should be offered as prizes in all different kinds of events, but my main argument is that they should remain obtainable in all their canonical methods, most ppl do not even know where to find the most basic of shit, asking the most redundant questions about things that have remained unchanged since Pokémon red lol let alone what a duskball is, but still expect the master ball to be obtainable in their original ways. 

I have a question for you,

"How do we reduce the amount of master balls you get by just going through the storyline?"

I tried to give my answer, but I don't like them in the storyline because that is time people don't have to do anything major and just get the master ball. I want effort in those balls since that ball has lost its speciality. The fact that you can never fail when trying to catch a pokemon is amazing, but since we already are given two of the balls (one for Kanto and one for Hoenn), people lose their appreciation for the ball. If people work hard in an event and rewarded with a ball that can catch anything in the game without fail. Having one ball so the player can enjoy the taste of the ball itself, but if the player wants more of these powerful balls, then he/she will have to attend an in game event, catchathons or hide and go seek with the System Announcements saying: "Hey, looking for an extra Master Ball? If you are then join our Hide and Seek event at Channel 7! Have fun!" This would boost up the attendance rate in these officials and would get the player into PokeMMO.

2 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I have a question for you,

"How do we reduce the amount of master balls you get by just going through the storyline?"

I tried to give my answer, but I don't like them in the storyline because that is time people don't have to do anything major and just get the master ball. I want effort in those balls since that ball has lost its speciality. The fact that you can never fail when trying to catch a pokemon is amazing, but since we already are given two of the balls (one for Kanto and one for Hoenn), people lose their appreciation for the ball. If people work hard in an event and rewarded with a ball that can catch anything in the game without fail. Having one ball so the player can enjoy the taste of the ball itself, but if the player wants more of these powerful balls, then he/she will have to attend an in game event, catchathons or hide and go seek with the System Announcements saying: "Hey, looking for an extra Master Ball? If you are then join our Hide and Seek event at Channel 7! Have fun!" This would boost up the attendance rate in these officials and would get the player into PokeMMO.

It does not even matter, they might as well remain canonically obtainable because they have no real special value other than it's ability to never fail. There are no legendaries you can permanently keep, it has zero effect in the safari zone, & you only get 2 or 3 if you count the coming region.

So rly the only benefit they have are to catch your favourite or rare shiny if you come across it, which also does not even matter b.c you can just hatch a shiny randomly, so not even in that sense does it rly matter having! If anything having more is not ideal b.c then it defeats the purpose of other balls that is why I say they should either be both as prizes & obtained canonically or just remain canonically obtainable & no other way.

Your suggestion is making a casual item w/ diminished value too tedious to obtain, & that is why it sucks lol