Question Hidden Ability

Mnemosyne

I am already making some comps for when next gen comes out. I would like to know how we can get the hidden ability when the update comes out. I already made some comps that need hidden ability. Can I change them next gen or do I need to rebreed them?

Would love to hear an answer on this. Pretty sure many people are already preparing for it.

1 minute ago, notmudkip0 said:

I believe you need to get a mother with the HA in order for it to be passed. You might want to hold off on breeding right now.

If that is true it really sucks. Can still make some comps but you be very limited then.

There is no word on HAs yet afaik

They might not even release them with the next patch

Knowing staff, you will need to offer and arm and a leg for some HA comps

protip get breeders but not too specific breeders~

2 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

I believe you need to get a mother with the HA in order for it to be passed. You might want to hold off on breeding right now.

from what DarkShade said in a old thread of mine, you can maaaaybe use a male breeder into a female comp aswell, they were still discussing it.

25 minutes ago, redspawn said:

from what DarkShade said in a old thread of mine, you can maaaaybe use a male breeder into a female comp aswell, they were still discussing it.

I wouldn't count in it personally, but even then you still need to get a HA male. which still requires a wait.

Just now, notmudkip0 said:

I wouldn't count in it personally, but even then you still need to get a HA male. which still requires a wait.

nono I mean, from what I understood, you could just breed the HA into lets say a 4x31 HA male, then breed on it. Truth be told, I'm also with that feeling and strongly doubt it.

You won't be able to just change them to HA's once the update hits, no. Also there's gonna be no HA's this update I believe. 

I think last we'd heard the plan was for HA's to come from pokemon you catch in the legendary dungeons that will exist some day and then breed those up to have HA pokemon. 

51 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

@Desu @Darkshade @Kyu

Could anyone of you give atleast a little bit of information about this?

47 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

You won't be able to just change them to HA's once the update hits, no. Also there's gonna be no HA's this update I believe. 

I think last we'd heard the plan was for HA's to come from pokemon you catch in the legendary dungeons that will exist some day and then breed those up to have HA pokemon. 

Riga is correct, on all points.

2 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Maybe one day, but not any time soon.

And whether we'll implement Hidden Ability 'mons that way is yet to be discussed.

2 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Maybe one day, but not any time soon.

And whether we'll implement Hidden Ability 'mons that way is yet to be discussed.

with how many questions keep popping up about HA's, maybe you guys should make a sticky in general with all the information you guys have given about them so far? maybe it's a bit late for that though I guess.

52 minutes ago, Matoka said:

with how many questions keep popping up about HA's, maybe you guys should make a sticky in general with all the information you guys have given about them so far? maybe it's a bit late for that though I guess.

To be fair, there haven't been thaat many questions, and even if a sticky was made, most of the people who would still ask about them after this thread wouldn't read the sticky anyways.

• Zehkar locked this topic