How PokeMMO stays afloat?

Toupi

From time to time in my conversations with friends, the topic of pokemons floats and I usually recommend them PokeMMO. They usually asks one important question on which I don't know an answer: "How does PokeMMO stays afloat and is not taken down by you-know-who". I always explaining them for how long PokeMMO exist but still I'm wondering why we survived for this long outside of radar of company who is known to sue everyone and everything over even most minor thing.

If this is not something super secret I would be really grateful for explanation (explanation, not "perhaps")

While we appreciate the concern, because most of you and us are not lawyers, this isn't a topic which we encourage layman speculation on, as the idea of "takedowns" tend to scare people. But the gist of it is standard for all established game companies: We don't distribute content in violation of copyright law within the game client (i.e. things which would qualify for specific legal action, such as "DMCAs"), and we do our best to ensure that our practices of product distribution/release/management are in compliance with the law.

Sorry that I can't go into more detail.

• Kyu locked this topic