For sanity's sake, make Focus Sash not vanish on use

Matoka

Question

Just hoping this gets seen before gen 5 is released...

Basically Focus Sash is essentially multi-use as consumables in main games aren't permanently consumed in trainer vs. trainer battles as the items are restored after the match, that's the case with Focus Sash.

But unlike berries, Focus sash tends to be a one-of in the game and far more expensive than a berry but can still vanish forever if you oops and equip it on a pokemon while doing an NPC battle and it happens to proc, I just wanted to ask if we can just make it where it doesn't disappear on use (but only works once per battle still, ofc)

Would make me a lot happier and feel safer about my own possible silly moments of "Oops, I guess goodbye focus sash"

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

Not suggesting either is going to happen - but it would be better to keep the item consumable, but make it more common, so you could replenish your Focus Sash more easily after it disappears.

Consumables are good for an MMO environment, as they are a sink.

Do consumables replenish after pvp fights or will be have to replace our focus sash every match? you are speaking about it generally so I am actually a tad unsure if Pokemmo replaces consumable items now after a match.

I would be fine as long as I won't have to pay a lot to buy / spend ages to get another one as Focus Sash will commonly be used on a lead pokemon and therefore will often be going off in majority of matches, this means that if it is consumable it will need replaced probably far more than berries would be as they have situational activators, Sitrus berries / Lum Berries would be most common to proc but I could see focus sash activating far more than that.

I basically just hope we don't have the sad life of "Focus sash is an item you only bother using in high-end content because good luck replacing it easily", basically similar to how Salac berries were in the first 2-3 weeks of the Berry Update where they were like 20k each.

Either way I'll trust you guys to know what you're doing, but as a player it sounds spooky and could potentially be very saddening :c

Edit: TL:DR please don't make it "difficult" to get and make people just not bother using it in most matches, if a focus sash was 10k pokeyen for me currently I would not bother using it in casual matches because that just eats up too much of my cash or time.

Edited by Matoka
16 hours ago, Matoka said:

Do consumables replenish after pvp fights or will be have to replace our focus sash every match? you are speaking about it generally so I am actually a tad unsure if Pokemmo replaces consumable items now after a match.

I would be fine as long as I won't have to pay a lot to buy / spend ages to get another one as Focus Sash will commonly be used on a lead pokemon and therefore will often be going off in majority of matches, this means that if it is consumable it will need replaced probably far more than berries would be as they have situational activators, Sitrus berries / Lum Berries would be most common to proc but I could see focus sash activating far more than that.

I basically just hope we don't have the sad life of "Focus sash is an item you only bother using in high-end content because good luck replacing it easily", basically similar to how Salac berries were in the first 2-3 weeks of the Berry Update where they were like 20k each.

Either way I'll trust you guys to know what you're doing, but as a player it sounds spooky and could potentially be very saddening :c

Edit: TL:DR please don't make it "difficult" to get and make people just not bother using it in most matches, if a focus sash was 10k pokeyen for me currently I would not bother using it in casual matches because that just eats up too much of my cash or time.

I know for a fact (Unless they changed this) that when you would use a berry in PvP, you would have to replace it. I remember having to stock up on Salac Berries before berry farming was a thing.