Hello friends

5 hours ago, Shu said:

I can't really tell an ETA on android since it's on hold. It's something I've put a decent amount of work into but without big results to show off. The main issue android version had was not rendering of the game ( which we made sure while working on gen 5 to be future mobile friendly ). It's amount of user interfaces we have to redesign in mind of touch, screen space across different devices and entirely different gui system from what we use now. 

We'll continue to focus on PC version for now. But once gen 5 is released and polished, we can think about going back to android work. So not likely for 2017 to happen. But in 2018 it is something I'm looking forward into. 

Perhaps when that time comes you should focus on iOS iPhone platform rather than android, & I am totally not just saying that b.c I have an iPhone, BUT I am pretty sure more ppl own iPhones than they do androids & i am pretty sure so long as you do not charge anything (other than donations) then it will not be taken off the App Store? Is the Roms the issue? B.c I am sure it is possible to make all the roms included in the app? 

Idk I could be wrong, what the fuck do I know? I just think it would appeal to more people if you made an app for iPhone ;o

1 hour ago, RealLifeAngel said:

Perhaps when that time comes you should focus on iOS iPhone platform rather than android, [...] I am pretty sure more ppl own iPhones than they do androids [...] I just think it would appeal to more people if you made an app for iPhone ;o

Taking in account how many companies produce phones with Android OS and how they always have price advantage over Apple counterparts i wouldn't be so quick to say devices with iOS are more popular. In my opinion is quiet opposite.

1 hour ago, RealLifeAngel said:

i am pretty sure so long as you do not charge anything (other than donations) then it will not be taken off the App Store?

App needs to get throught requirements to be put to AppStore in the first place.

21 minutes ago, Toupi said:

Taking in account how many companies produce phones with Android OS and how they always have price advantage over Apple counterparts i wouldn't be so quick to say devices with iOS are more popular. In my opinion is quiet opposite.

App needs to get throught requirements to be put to AppStore in the first place.

Perhaps android OS based phones sell more than iPhones, but there exist far more iOS devices. More iOS tablets are sold than Android OS ones & a lot of ppl w/ android devices own things like iPods which as we all know are basically iPhones without being a phone, & these are based on international statistics not just American ones. So statistically speaking, if a Pokemmo app was to meet the qualifications for the apple App Store then it would definitely be more viable for them to focus on developing an iOS app first before an android one ;o

16 hours ago, Shu said:

I can't really tell an ETA on android since it's on hold. It's something I've put a decent amount of work into but without big results to show off. The main issue android version had was not rendering of the game ( which we made sure while working on gen 5 to be future mobile friendly ). It's amount of user interfaces we have to redesign in mind of touch, screen space across different devices and entirely different gui system from what we use now. 

We'll continue to focus on PC version for now. But once gen 5 is released and polished, we can think about going back to android work. So not likely for 2017 to happen. But in 2018 it is something I'm looking forward into. 

Yes I see mention of shu in real life now adays. So I don't know I am expecting much, and the first thing that is on my mind is pokemon app for my phone. Lol. I will continue to work toward my Mac book pro 

10 hours ago, RealLifeAngel said:

Perhaps when that time comes you should focus on iOS iPhone platform rather than android, & I am totally not just saying that b.c I have an iPhone, BUT I am pretty sure more ppl own iPhones than they do androids & i am pretty sure so long as you do not charge anything (other than donations) then it will not be taken off the App Store? Is the Roms the issue? B.c I am sure it is possible to make all the roms included in the app? 

Idk I could be wrong, what the fuck do I know? I just think it would appeal to more people if you made an app for iPhone ;o

That's quite recent data of phone OS market share.

qvBStn9.png

So yes you're wrong, and android holds almost most of the market share atm.

Also we focus android first, because it runs on java which also means less work for us.

It doesn't mean we won't have an APP for iOS. But it's for sure not going to happen first. Also I don't happen to own iOS device so it makes things even harder for me if I want to develop application for that platform ^_^.

• 1 month later...

Hi Shu,

Can you please update on this matter? (if there is a link for follow up on this, let me know)

As Unova region have been launched (nice one by the way), now you guys probably moving to next step, is it mobile app development?

Not sure if I can mention another game name here, so pardon me if so and delete this post, but please take a look at Hey Monster or Monster Park android/iOS game only ... the game graphics and etc is PERFECT, even better than real pokemon ... there are many bugs regarding some in actions actions, but the essence is there ...

In resume:

- Any update on the mobile app development?

- Take a look at the mobile game I mentioned if possible