Master Repel Item

Raederz

Question

Hi!

Another RP item ye. The Master Repel.

It's kind of a repel, but not "consumable", u just activate it or not (on/off, like my last suggestion)

The point is, when u buy it, u get to choose one specie, and when u activate this item, u can't encounter this specie.

You can only activate one master repel at once.

Specie is choosen when u buy it so you cant change it once you have it.

Would be very nice for rats, tentacool, and bats, that everybody are feared to shiny-encounter while hunting another cool mon.

Doesnt replace the encounters tho. If you have to encounter 1 Paras and 5 Bats on 200 steps, using a Bat master repel would make your 200 steps only 1 encounter (1 paras)

Maybe it should work per evolution lines.

I need opinions on this one cuz I'm pretty sure it would be refused as it is, it may need some adjustements

5 answers to this question

7 hours ago, redspawn said:

Way to broken for someone hunting for eevees or any single encounter other than smeargles imo.

I'd rather have a stronger repel that you could use for like 1000 steps, and then have to recharge it by walking 1000 steps without it.  The way you want it to be would make some shinies a lot easier to capture, i.e bagon.

It's only one specie tho.

Btw, I like the 1000 step on / 1000 step off idea.

2 hours ago, Perreh said:

Also kinda defeats some of the purposes of a pokemon game.

Nah, it clearly pronouce one that is pretty ignored.

3 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Repels are a literal luxury item designed to be a Money Sink in terms of Pokemmo, so I would say we should not mess with it too much, otherwise people would just save infinite amounts of yen by a 1 time purchase.

Idk if many ppl buy repels.

I just use the tons of repels I get from ev training and some hordes farming (I always go with pick up horde farmer).

So I'm not sure it's a really issue, but I'm not talking for everybody, there must be some players who spend a lot in repels.

Also, it's only one specie repel, and price may be consequent, like 500 or 1000rp

I dont even know how much repel costs (as i said I pick up tons) but 500 or 1000 rp sounds fair enought as an investment imo

Nice to have good opinions

I will edit pro/cons I find in ur comments when I find time for it (soon)

Edited by Raederz