[IPS] HG/SS TRAINERS PATCH (Complete, Works with Update!)

InnerMobius

HG/SS TRAINERS PATCH:

35mmlqt.png

Battle in a DS graphic style!

This is only for in-battle sprites. This rom base will allow you to play as a HG/SS-styled(Heart Gold/Soul Silver) Red or Green character in a battle instead of the dull, smaller GBA character UNTIL THE UPDATE IS RELEASED WHICH ALLOWS YOUR IN-GAME BATTLER TO MATCH YOUR CLOTHING OF YOUR OVERWORLD. Your sprites change color to the color you made your character.

But the MAIN FEATURE of this patch:

It ALSO replaces all of the trainer battle sprites with the Heart Gold/Soul Silver trainers. It looks great if you have HG/SS installed!

Screenshots:

jrb2hu.jpg

fuuv7p.png

24o0xhl.png

vhu1i.jpg

168935t.png

10n6t81.png

jifdw5.png

2u9gz6h.png

dg0zs5.png

Compatibility With Other Patches:

PokeMMO Updated Graphics Patch by DarkShade: 100%

))))))DOWNLOADS((((((

******Beta 3.0: Updated Graphics Patch with HG/SS Trainers and DS Kanto Players Patch 12/16/2012*******

Description: Patch including DarkShade's Updated Graphics Patch 2.6, changes background tiles, DS trainer battles and players backsprites and battle sprites. RECOMMENDED

Beta 3.0: Standalone HG/SS Trainers and DS Kanto Players Patch 12/16/2012

Description: Standalone patch, DS trainer battles and updated players backsprites and battle sprites

OLD DOWNLOADS:

Beta 2.0: Standalone DS Styled Players Patch 11/28/2012 (Obsolete)

Description: Red and Green in a DS style as player replacements for trainer sprites and battle sprites, does not include updated graphics patch or updated trainers aside from Gary/Blue.

Beta 1.0: Standalone Updated Red Patch 11/02/2012(Obsolete)

Description: Red DS replacements for trainer backsprites and front sprites.

Installation Instructions:

Download Lunar IPS (LIPS) from FuSoYa's Niche:

Open up Lips.exe and click Apply IPS Patch

Find your PokeMMO/roms/ folder and click on your Fire Red rom

Don't forget to 'like' this post if you enjoy my patch!

Don't forget to 'like' this post if you enjoy my patch! Enjoy!

sorry my english is not perfect n_n... mmm... i mean i would love to see this work done... if not now explain to me? xD

This is done haha... it's only meant to be for the trainer sprites, not on the overworld :P Don't worry though, if you meant you'd like to see this in use with actual DS overworld sprites, you'll just have to wait and see what the future has in store...

This is done haha... it's only meant to be for the trainer sprites, not on the overworld :P Don't worry though, if you meant you'd like to see this in use with actual DS overworld sprites, you'll just have to wait and see what the future has in store...

Do you mean, what i think you mean??? DS style overworlds??? plus could you tell me how HEX editor works??? i'm stumped
  • 3 weeks later...

Welp, it's updated. I included the female characters into it, and as of today (11/28/2012), there will be graphical errors in the female backsprite.

This is due to a game client error that will be resolved in the next game update. The patch posted above will work perfectly once the devs update the client.

If you like this patch, please support the Updated Graphics Patch by DarkShade and his team by using the version posted above that comes with it already installed.

Thanks guys, and enjoy!

oo man can you make are sprites into gary !!?? and are rival red/ash ?

That would require custom back sprites for Gary. Also, there isn't really enough red in Gary's sprite(literally only the one shade on his pokeball), which is the color changed when you choose your player color.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you guys have shadow with????

You have to edit one of the files... I forget which one.

Anyways, I decided that this mod needs a little something extra... so I've just finished resizing and inserting all of the DS battle sprites for the gym leaders and Elite 4.

Here's a little preview of what's to come.

35jgtgp.png

nt8n6.png

More:

v81tnr.png

348sr9g.png

2qk3zn8.png

2jhj5.png

17tt7a.png

2qdrbc8.png

3022ptx.png

34y8wmv.png

Original Lorelei sprite by Chidoridude55 on DeviantART, heavily modified to make it fit in Fire Red

Oh, and the forums won't let me have this last image, but here's Agatha...

http://i50.tinypic.com/2vxfvd1.jpg

Patch including all of these coming soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.