Portable PC

Bestfriends

Question

Thumbnail for version as of 00:14, 3 March 2015Portiable PCThumbnail for version as of 00:14, 3 March 2015

cd85bd94810a5ef0ce6e6627a43a501f.png

Good afternoon everyone, I have a suggestion I would like to purpose. It is the "Portable PC" key item that could go in your bag. My goal with this feature is to be efficient while making it not so broken. Lets say you have an official tournament to attend, but you changed your mind and want to replace Tauros with Metagross or you travelled a long distance trip away from the PC and you forgot to bring the pokemon you want to level, then I have a solution for both of those situations.

I know that having a Portable PC right now is kind of broken, but I think we can change that just a little bit to make it a little more reasonable. Here is a minor change I would like to purpose to our PC to make this suggestion a possibility:

1. Eliminate the Healing ability for our PCs when we deposit a pokemon into our PC system

Lets do further modifications and talk about how you would obtain this item:

1. You have to complete all the regions: Kanto, Hoenn, and Unova

2. After you completed these regions, you would chat with the Kanto Game Freak people, Hoenn Game Freak people, and Unova Game Freak people. They would give you pieces to this Portable PC and you can put those pieces together.

3. (This step in my estimation is going to nerf down the broken aspect of this feature) Charge a fee for using the system, perhaps a 10k fee and the rates are going to increase if you use this feature on the same day by +10k. Your using your own PokeMMO wifi, so you have to foot the bill. If you want a free PC system, then you will have to make a trip to the Pokemon Center and use those PCs.

4. When you click on the Portable PC icon, I would encourage the developers to have a box pop up saying, "Are you sure you want to use your Portable PC? If you do, you will have to pay a fee of $10,000."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This idea was given to me when I was using my MiFi system on road trips. I figured that PokeMMO could have the same system, but putting in some limitations to this system so that this feature does not become broken. If you have any additional suggestions or if you have any criticisms about my proposal, then feel free to make a comment down below.

Edited by Bestfriends
changed the fee from 50k to 10k

14 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

3. (This step in my estimation is going to nerf down the broken aspect of this feature) Charge a fee for using the system, perhaps a 50k fee and the rates are going to increase if you use this feature on the same day by +10k. Your using your own PokeMMO wifi, so you have to foot the bill. If you want a free PC system, then you will have to make a trip to the Pokemon Center and use those PCs.

4. When you click on the Portable PC icon, I would encourage the developers to have a box pop up saying, "Are you sure you want to use your Portable PC? If you do, you will have to pay a fee of $50,000."

I was interested until this. That cost is insane.

35 minutes ago, Gilan said:

Also undercuts leppas/ethers usage, as throwing a pokemon into the pc and then withdrawing restores PP.

I do like the concept of the idea, I just don't know how to make it viable.

In my suggestion, I would like to eliminate the healing properties of a PC so that this suggestion can be implemented. As for the people that want to heal their pokemon on the go, they have to go to Nurse Joy. I want pokemon to remain how they were before taking them out.

1 hour ago, notmudkip0 said:

If it's cost per use, 1k or lower.

I think we can settle on 10k or higher. I don't want people to abuse it. 10k or higher would give people second thoughts and I might disable it to go over to the global trade link because that would be too overpowered.

So first a few things wrong with this suggestion.

1st, the cost for 10k per use? No thanks, any cash per use? Nope. Its like if I bought a PC in full, but I'm being charged every time I use it, if I own it already, it shouldn't cost a thing. 

2nd Having to complete each region? Sorry this isn't really a requirement since most people (if not everyone) already completed 2/3 regions, which completing a region isn't that difficult. 

3rd, as someone mentioned before, makes ocarinas useless. 

Now how we can improve it.

1 - Say we "rent" this portable PC from say Bill lets say 100k a month, you can use it as much as you like. However the PC will no longer have a healing function just like in Generation 1. This way you can't restore the PP of moves. Keep in mind you must have the 100k on hand to obtain the PC, if you fail to pay when Bill asks for money you simply lose access to the feature. Then the PC in the Pokemon Center will have its healing function. 

2 - The Portable PC can't bring pokemon out that have HM Moves saying that HMs are too advanced for the system. 

Sweet scent, false swipe and thief would become ezpz to farm. Game is already ridiculously easy the way it is rn..

Also leppas would become obsolete, although with that fee so high, leppas would still be more viable in any situation, than pc, healing... what does one need healing for? .

Edited by redspawn
8 hours ago, semjon said:

Sweet Scent usage removes pp from all Pokemon in the team, right? So why not just remove pp from ALL pokemon u own... 

u got a point here.

But making it restrictive over and over would just make the suggestion pointless.

On 11.10.2017 at 7:48 PM, Raederz said:

u got a point here.

But making it restrictive over and over would just make the suggestion pointless.

It was nowhere suggested to abuse sweet scent or sth like that. It was more like the option to quick fix some issues with your current team.

12 minutes ago, semjon said:

It was nowhere suggested to abuse sweet scent or sth like that. It was more like the option to quick fix some issues with your current team.

Just pointing that it would be pretty hard to make it :

- Usefull

AND

- Not abuse-able

Not only sweet scent, there would be many ways to use it another way than the way it's suggested.

The only cool aspect I see is to fast change your team during a tournament. PvE stuff would be bad, cuz source of abuse.

Maybe I can link a suggestion I did in the past that may look like how this one may be acceptable

With maybe possibility to set more than 1 PvP team.

Or maybe edit-able without PC only regarding a "comps" box idk

Edited by Raederz