~30 Days to go until Unova

@Kyu@Shu

When you make a set of patch notes, is there any chance you can include a list for:

A) All of the new moves which DO work as intended mechanically
B) All of the new moves which have a proper animation
C) Abilities that are working properly.

I know that would take a bit of time to do, but it would be really nice to just have access to as soon as patch hits, if you do end up doing that thank you so much in advance, if not don't worry I'm sure we'll manage.

...I hope Zoroark's ability works, though I highly doubt it at this stage (he might not even be catch-able at launch...)

On 10/11/2017 at 3:46 PM, axx said:

dont hate me later

Hello axx, thank you for the advertisement, I have an announcement to make. My Hoenn base is no longer going to serve as a main studio for my News channel. I have a headline video in the works as I am typing this very comment. When Unova is released, I would like to make a studio there since Unova is going to be the new region and Roy Rogers News setting is about being current and the future. Since Unova fits the category of being "current" and "the future", I decided to move my studio location. If I have any more video publications to make, then I plan on using the Weather Institute in Hoenn as a temporary studio.

Thank you to the developers for their stellar work in implementing Unova. Roy Rogers Incorporated looks forward to taping Unova on the day it comes out.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

@Darkshade any rough estimates as to when abilities + tutors will be implemented? 

We're not sure, sorry. We're currently prioritizing functionality regressions (Client crashes/GUI errors, NPCs missing from Unova which were present in Kanto and provided extra functionality, etc.) as well as the storyline's difficulty curve and the balancing of overworld items.

The two things mentioned (important abilities / move tutors) are on the high priority list for post-release, but I don't have a concrete time on them. Typically, after big patches like this, we try to push out updates every 3-5 days until things are acceptable, so it should be sooner than later.

1 minute ago, Kyu said:

We're not sure, sorry. We're currently prioritizing functionality regressions (Client crashes/GUI errors, NPCs missing from Unova which were present in Kanto and provided extra functionality, etc.) as well as the storyline's difficulty curve and the balancing of overworld items.

The two things mentioned (important abilities / move tutors) are on the high priority list for post-release, but I don't have a concrete time on them. Typically, after big patches like this, we try to push out updates every 3-5 days until things are acceptable, so it should be sooner than later.

Rip. Not really what I wanted to hear, but understandable nonetheless. Thanks for responding

5 minutes ago, TheBlueExorcist said:

o/ kyu

Will implement secret abilities ?

Hidden Abilities are currently being reserved for Legendary Dungeons, the first of which we'll be trying to get out within the next "3-4" months™. They will not be available in regular overworld encounters.

5 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

Rip. Not really what I wanted to hear, but understandable nonetheless. Thanks for responding

We are having a lot of problems due to the new engine's compatibility on specific hardware, and some critical (backend) things which were missed during development. Sorry.

5 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Hidden Abilities are currently being reserved for Legendary Dungeons, the first of which we'll be trying to get out within the next "3-4" months™. They will not be available in regular overworld encounters.

We are having a lot of problems due to the new engine's compatibility on specific hardware, and some critical (backend) things which were missed during development. Sorry.

Can you guys give a further clarification about how will the HA be implemented. So what we know is that we'll have to capture the pokemons inside of them, and those will have the HA, knowing that. Can we breed the HA we caught into a 4x31 male, and breed with a 4x31 female we previously wouldn't have? Or is nothing decided yet?

3 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Can you guys give a further clarification about how will the HA be implemented.

Typically, HAs would be gated behind some form of meta challenge within the instance, so I will try to make sure it's clear whether a specific wild encounter has an HA.

3 minutes ago, redspawn said:

So what we know is that we'll have to capture the pokemons inside of them, and those will have the HA, knowing that. Can we breed the HA we caught into a 4x31 male, and breed with a 4x31 female we previously wouldn't have? Or is nothing decided yet?

Currently it's undecided how IVs will be handled with HA breeding, but because there is intended to be a high amount of effort required to obtain them in the first place, we'll be trying to be as generous as is reasonable with their breeding. I'll know more once we discuss it; the rewards system is still something which needs fleshed out.

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

Typically, HAs would be gated behind some form of meta challenge within the instance, so I will try to make sure it's clear whether a specific wild encounter has an HA.

Currently it's undecided how IVs will be handled with HA breeding, but because there is intended to be a high amount of effort required to obtain them in the first place, we'll be trying to be as generous as is reasonable with their breeding. I'll know more once we discuss it; the rewards system is still something which needs fleshed out.

Can you give us a hint towards the theme of the first dungeon, if it has one (e.g. its environment etc) to throw us a bone in the hype department? ;o

9 hours ago, Kyu said:

In this way the breeding would be overturned and made even more difficult....i think is a bad way

• 1 month later...

Hello, I really do not know if this '' Discussion '' is over, but I wanted to recommend that if you do not want to implement '' Pill for hidden abilities '' and want to implement a new '' Dungeon '' to me that seems very good ...

But I can think of something

Maybe the pokemon that come out of the Dugeon could have a possibility of having a hidden skill pill equipped, so users would farmearian the dungeon not only for the pokemon with hidden ability ... but also for the pills, which would be worth a lot in the CC (In case they are interchangeable)

Edited by Thomitu
Fail
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Zymogen said:

@Kyu any rough ETA for move/ability/item progress?

No, sorry. Circumstances ended up dictating that we work on multi-factor authentication for account security throughout January, so we dumped a lot of time into that.

At the moment we're working on some things related to Breeding's balancing to help alleviate the burden of comp creation for edge cases like Genderless species, but there has been minimal work done to items/moves/abilities (of note, Gems but I don't think anyone plays with Gems anyway). We're waiting on some complex animation things to be finished though, so idk how much time we have until the next patch or what may be completed by then.

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

of note, Gems but I don't think anyone plays with Gems anyway

rip acrobatic gliscor dreams

Thanks for trying to provide us more security, out of curiosity tho, any chance a 2 factor authentication will be in the security update? Also, no chance you could do at least try to rush some moves and abilities that could really help us? I.E Defiant ability, sheer force, and moves like wide guard, quick guard

42 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Thanks for trying to provide us more security, out of curiosity tho, any chance a 2 factor authentication will be in the security update?

The initial implementation of MFA is already complete, and will be based on device authorization/email confirmation (similarly to how GW2 manages this issue). This will be the default for all accounts, and should prevent "supicious" logins from succeeding in most scenarios. We'll be looking to add mobile authenticators like Google Authenticator later on this year.

42 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Also, no chance you could do at least try to rush some moves and abilities that could really help us? I.E Defiant ability, sheer force, and moves like wide guard, quick guard

I'm not sure we can, but we will try to stuff as much as possible into it. We still have some other complex things to do (Unova's rematchable trainers and some deeper breeding changes) in the queue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 1:41 PM, Kyu said:

The initial implementation of MFA is already complete, and will be based on device authorization/email confirmation (similarly to how GW2 manages this issue). This will be the default for all accounts, and should prevent "supicious" logins from succeeding in most scenarios. We'll be looking to add mobile authenticators like Google Authenticator later on this year.

https://github.com/j256/two-factor-auth
Under this ultra-permissive license: https://github.com/j256/two-factor-auth/blob/master/LICENSE.txt
TLDR:  Use the code for whatever as long as the license blurb is included somewhere in the documentation.

E-mail confirmation is clunky and can be seen as user-unfriendly depending upon implementation.
Unless there's a feature similar to 'remember this IP for a week' (or longer), many players may not bother with it.

Proper 2FA support has been done in Java already and has also been ported to various coding languages (depending on what setup you all are using).
I wouldn't mind providing some detailed technical information and links/signposts to the various FLOSS (free and libre open source software) projects with very permissive-use licensing.

Also 2FA is just a band-aid on the problem of passwords rather than user-based tokens:
https://github.com/pwdless/cierge

I honestly feel the user-based token approach might be the best solution and not even require people to store passwords via the client in plain text (in the Windows Registry).  Perhaps allow the same token to be used for up to a week if the IP remains unchanged.

Your community contains some intelligent and talented people.  Feel free to call on us :)

Edited by Daedalus007