~30 Days to go until Unova

15 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

Well since the quote was within 2 month, the first month wasn't planned in all likelyhood. The means the range is 31-60 instead of 1-60 which would give a mid point of 45 days and not 30. You may start complaining in two weeks.

They're gonna complain no matter what was said. It's the nature of humans, never satisfied.

39 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

What do you think the first wave of complaints will look like when the update hits?

Is this an exclusive question or something?

Maybe if I engaged in the update discussion a bit more than currently, I'd be able to answer that properly.

But either way, you know it's not gonna be anything light, shit's gonna hit the fan

7 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

What do you think the first wave of complaints will look like when the update hits?

well considering everything people will notice post-update from new tiers, to missing pokemon, to broken moves, to unavailable HAs...

im sure the forums will get lively

7 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

My money will be on something to do with tiering. With monsters like Dugtrio and Wobbufet initially being tested in the meta, there’ll no doubt be uproar calling for them to be banned asap imo

Edited by Zymogen
9 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

"wtf I preemptively bred X mon who has a cross gen evo but it can't learn the new Y move, here it says Y move is an egg move pls can i get a tutor i spent monys on it :("

9 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

omg stupid devs why break compatibility with dinosaur PCs
omg stupid devs how to make money in new region

omg stupid devs why region so hard now
omg stupid devs why pick region no berries?
omg stupid devs where shard drops
omg stupid devs moves no work
omg stupid devs abilities no work????

omg stupid devs items too????????????
omg stupid devs where hidden abilities????????????????????????????/
omg stupid devs why nerf instead of ban things???
omg stupid devs why ban things instead of nerf?????
omg stupid devs where dungeons
omg stupid devs why not fix pvp
omg stupid devs where johto

stupid patch stupid region stupid devs

Really though, it depends on whether people are happy with playing a more refined version of the same game, how much people really care about gens 4+ (gen 3 is automatically disqualified for some people due to basic things like the physical/special split, not having their favorite species, etc.), graphical fidelity, and how much the more casual audience cares about having a proper "campaign mode."

I know we're going to see a lot of complaints from older people who think we should have worked on co-op instead of trying to deal with the "eyesores" of the game, but really, if the basics aren't even done right, I don't think we'd be able to create a hardcore PvE community for what we have planned, since all of the things I described above help determine whether "casuals" want to turn from short-term into long-term players. But I think market fixes / upcoming things which promote social gameplay will help satisfy complaints for now

Also, to everyone else, we don't update on the weekends. We always try to target Monday/Tuesday for big patches so that we have enough time to fix horrible post-patch bugs prior to the weekend

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

Also, to everyone else, we don't update on the weekends. We always try to target Monday/Tuesday for big patches so that we have enough time to fix horrible post-patch bugs prior to the weekend

So what you're saying is, Unova is coming Monday/Tuesday. :o

22 minutes ago, YoshidoriForum said:

guys in the meantime consider the breeding of poke like chansey snorlax and mr mime before they get the preevo baby (annoying)

For people who plan to play UU that means Roserade. Though offensive Roserade will only get Extrasensory as an egg move through Budew so watch out for that.

23 minutes ago, YoshidoriForum said:

guys in the meantime consider the breeding of poke like chansey snorlax and mr mime before they get the preevo baby (annoying)

They need to be holding incense to be bred into a baby form if they didn't have one before. Luck / Full Incense etc

Maybe Devs could make an annoucement with what will change, which region will be available, which pokes won't be available, Items, TMs, Move Tutors, Re-breeding, and so on, before they release the update.

And, maybe, the Staff could spam that link in game so that most of the players could read it.

It might avoid some of the complains...

The changes are all spread out in posts, here and there, would be nice to have all of that in one