~30 Days to go until Unova

13 minutes ago, Bishav said:

What will happen to the placeholder items now that the actual items are about to get  implemented?

Speed/special choice band etc etc. Do they get a makeover or get removed from our inventory?

The proper items existed on PTS, so I assume that will carry over to live.

On 01/11/2017 at 4:32 PM, Darkshade said:

No, as they are effectively forms - so while it should not be possible to have more than one of these moves at once, that's how it would be if we allowed it in PokeMMO.

Why not just have it where, after implementing Rotom forms which will use the literal same mechanic, that you then add the ability to "Form Change" the pikachu into a cosplay pikachu and get a move.

for now, without rotom's form change functionality in the game it makes sense not to, but afterwards I'm sure you could do it, maybe?

6 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Why not just have it where, after implementing Rotom forms which will use the literal same mechanic, that you then add the ability to "Form Change" the pikachu into a cosplay pikachu and get a move.

Because we don't have the sprites to visually support that.

Just now, Darkshade said:

Because we don't have the sprites to visually support that.

Oops, I meant moreso you wouldn't neccesarily bother with different sprites, you could just make it look visually identical but have it function differently, maybe even have the game put COSPLAY [Pokemon Name] infront of it like how you make the game put SHINY [Pokemon name] infront of it or something.

I just mean form sprites could be ignored possibly if people really want the moves? then again idc about cosplay personally.

2 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

What’s the difference between the 2 gens? 

Gen5 restores a minimal  % of hp when 25% or less hp and confuses if you have the wrong nature. In gen7 it restores 50% hp when 25% or less and confuses if wrong nature.

Basically that update gives a worthless item huge viability

Edited by Zigh
1 hour ago, Otulp said:

I cant remember if they did that for the hoenn update or not. and the last part was a little bit of sarcasm.

They did it once but it was due to graphical changes of characters, colors and items and not new region