~30 Days to go until Unova

31 days since the very loose estimate of "In 2 months", I clearly understand its subject to change and I doubt it's going to magically be on the 8th of November on the dot or anything, but I am very excited for a huge influx of new content after so long.

I wanted in general just to thank devs for all their time doing this, while I know little about coding at all I can tell it's a pretty big undertaking swapping from GBA to DS and 2D to 3D with all the nuances it has, and to give a big thanks for all the time you've spent making it.

With that in mind I wondered about some interesting things that will inevitably play out with the new region from our own players:

1. Do you think people will mostly migrate to a new "Hang out spot" instead of say Vermillion City in Kanto?
  2. What do you think the "Flavour of the Month" pokemon we'll be seeing left and right will be at launch and what set will it run?
  3. While it won't be added at launch, but a bit after, I'm curious what legendary people think / hope will be the first available to players from a dungeon and what theme that dungeon will be
  4. Is it exciting for Shiny hunters to have a big chance for a ton of "Game-First Shiny X" pokemon again?
  5. Have you bred any pokemon you are excited to use with Unova and all the new things in the game being available?

I think it will be exciting to likely see a ton of people in the game again after quite a peaceful period of time over the last couple months, the patch will likely mean a new influx of players and I think that is something we can all look forward to in some capacity as well c:

I'm curious to hear what you think about the five points I made, let's all look forward to the fun times soon™ to come. Hopefully see you all then! c: make sure you save up some Pokéyen for goodies as well!

35 minutes ago, Matoka said:

What do you think the "Flavour of the Month" pokemon we'll be seeing left and right will be at launch and what set will it run?

I think Ferrothorn is without a doubt going to be the most popular new competitive pokemon. I'm sure there will also be hype for the return of the old Ubers, prepare for Gengar/Tyranitar/Salamence.

3 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

I think Ferrothorn is without a doubt going to be the most popular new competitive pokemon. I'm sure there will also be hype for the return of the old Ubers, prepare for Gengar/Tyranitar/Salamence.

don't think gengar and ttar will be ubers there are some pokes can stop em

Just now, DarylDixon said:

don't think gengar and ttar will be ubers there are some pokes can stop em

I don't think they will either, I was talking about how they will be coming back to OU from Ubers where they currently sit. 

1 hour ago, Matoka said:

Do you think people will mostly migrate to a new "Hang out spot" instead of say Vermillion City in Kanto?

for sure. The same way ppl hang in Mauvile after Hoenn launch. The question is Castella or Nimbasa?

Castella have upper hand for being port city but come on, who would choose some weird bug guy over cool electric gym leader? Especialy when both previous hang spots are cities of electric badge (not mentioning Virdian the ancient hang spot,  because it would ruin my argument)

1 hour ago, Matoka said:

Do you think people will mostly migrate to a new "Hang out spot" instead of say Vermillion City in Kanto?

Hopefully it will be Castelia. It's one of my favorite cities.

What do you think the "Flavour of the Month" pokemon we'll be seeing left and right will be at launch and what set will it run?

For some odd reason I've seen a lot of people excited for Magnezone despite his playstyle being nearly identical to the already existing Magneton. Ferrothorn as previously mentioned is also a popular pick.

Personally I'm pretty sure people will just breed a bunch of Lucario and use the unbanned ubers on release week.  Hopefully people here don't fall for the Ambipom meme.

While it won't be added at launch, but a bit after, I'm curious what legendary people think / hope will be the first available to players from a dungeon and what theme that dungeon will be

Hopefully Zapdos.

Is it exciting for Shiny hunters to have a big chance for a ton of "Game-First Shiny X" pokemon again?

Sure

Have you bred any pokemon you are excited to use with Unova and all the new things in the game being available?

Spoiler

xU294.jpg

xU28L.jpg

There's a few more not in these boxes, hopefully I'll get to finish a third box by the time the update releases.

Edited by suigin
2 hours ago, DarylDixon said:

also i prepared something for unova lel

LEAFEON:

Reveal hidden contents

jtCbK9i4TQeKkVrZ0_71aA.png

PORYGON Z

Reveal hidden contents

SrZtwGoWQgqHsYPP5w3RYA.png 5GN28vLWRACX1wk1HtS-zQ.png

HYDREIGON BREEDER (Hydreigon willpass nature)

Reveal hidden contents

rpwIE4NXSZWOV9KBTBiAyw.png JfXT1y9-SbmfMAeTJ8b-vA.png

LUCARIO BREEDER + I WILL PUTT EGG MOVES. (lucario will pass atk)

Reveal hidden contents

--f8PXCGSr6Iz6wrPCgKqQ.png eCDguLfXR4eud5AU9GVOcA.png

scouted xd

I can respect Leafeon tho

6 minutes ago, BlizzardGG said:

i hope scizor won`t move up to OU otherwise i have to change my pvp tier 

Access to U-Turn/Bullet Punch and also Technician could definitely push it over the edge. I fully expect the thing to hit OU by usage.