Make Swarms a thing again using Xtransciever in BW

Matoka

Question

I think Swarms in Pokemmo were always a cool addition but they kinda fell out of popularity or even relevance as it was to begin with really difficult to tell when one was occuring, and the pokemon they contained originally were pretty rare normally or just not available yet (e.g. Numel before Hoenn was added)

I think with the addition of Black and White's Unova region it would be a good time to attempt to re-implement Swarms into the game but this time making them able to be checked for using the Xtransciever, perhaps by contacting / being contacted by the Professor of the region or Bianca etc to let you know there's a swarm instead of being forced to sit infront of an in-game TV for years to see if one is going on.

This could possibly be used as a source of otherwise non-renewable pokemon in the Unova region such as starters, or possibly small numbers of pokemon eventually not available otherwise until sinnoh.

I just thought swarms were cool and I miss them being a cool thing I guess? :c

2 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

to my knowledge swarms already are part of the game

Never said they stopped being a thing, I am well aware that they are a part of the game (I even mentioned it?) but my point was they became irrelevant as the pokemon they provided were only notable because of Hoenn not existing, and they were a pain to check for as it required sitting infront of a TV in game, my point was we could do it again in Unova using Xtransciever instead of a TV for starters and some other pokes.