Is the game still played?

Relyt

I found pokemmo back in like 2015(i think maybe early 2016)  and tried it out and enjoyed it however i had to wipe computer and ended up forgetting about it till recently. I remember hearing about the game getting reworked and not going to be up for much longer however i just saw a post about the game from a few hours ago.. So my question is this.. 

Do people still play the game/ how popular is it?

Any  big updates i should know about if i get back into it?

3 hours ago, Relyt said:

I found pokemmo back in like 2015(i think maybe early 2016)  and tried it out and enjoyed it however i had to wipe computer and ended up forgetting about it till recently. I remember hearing about the game getting reworked and not going to be up for much longer however i just saw a post about the game from a few hours ago.. So my question is this.. 

Do people still play the game/ how popular is it? Yes, people do still play, However a lot of people like me have pretty much gone on hiatus until the next big update comes (which should be fairly soon, as Kyu said they were aiming to release it within the next 2 months, and that was almost a month ago)

Any  big updates i should know about if i get back into it? well, a little bit has changed, and you can usually find that info in "news and announcements". The BIGGEST bit of news, is the addition of the Unova Region, which is the big update that people are waiting for.

So overall, the game does have players, but not many right now because people find no point in doing anything, because of all of the massive changes that are coming with Gen 5, and would rather wait until it's release to log back in or do anything.

Though most people here seem to want to mislead these days.........

Edited by mmead
misspellings XD
5 hours ago, Relyt said:

Do people still play the game/ how popular is it?

Any  big updates i should know about if i get back into it?

1. PokeMMO is still being played and it is quite an in depth gameplay with some after story activities. PokeMMO is quite popular and hopefully grows in popularity.

2. Yes, get back into PokeMMO. Unova is coming, it is a brand new region and the devs are even discussing dungeons! If I were you, I would try to download PokeMMO right away so you can finish up Kanto and Hoenn before Unova arrives.

14 hours ago, Eggplant said:

Just in case you didn't pick up on all the sarcasm.

The next update is HUGE, prob the biggest ever.

The game has been popular since 2012, though the people who play and the people who frequent the forums aren't always the same.

I thought you were dead

8 minutes ago, Molius said:

If you do play before Gen 5 update, I recommend breeding pokes that would be future proof. Make sure that you finish them off as female so you can pass on new moves to them.

nah, just do this, make them male if they have no egg moves from future gen. Female if they have. This way you don't lose much money to rebreed and you can enjoy comp in the meantime.

• Zehkar locked this topic