*Results* Evolution Art Contest

Noad

Character Name: Rexafrek

Pokemon your evolved form is based upon: Stantler

Name of evolved form: Donaroose

Typing of evolved form: Electric
Ability: Galvanize

Donaroose is the evolved form of Stantler. Stantler evolves into Donaroose once level 30 is reached.

Donaroose is a very shy Pokémon that lives in the forests next to those of his species and his preevolution, Stantler. Not many trainers believe he's an Electric-type Pokémon due to it's appereance, but if enraged, their antlers can be loaded with huge thunders from the sky, attacking anyone who endangers their own safety and their herd. It is said those who dare to rip off the antlers of a Donaroose will be punished by the gods of thunder.

It's name comes from "Donar", which is the name of Thor in old high german; and "moose".

Spoiler

donaroose_by_rexafrek-dbsy6h3.png

I had the idea because i thinking a moose was a good animal to start with since it's pretty similar to deer, then i googled and found out some mooses live in nordic forests, and Thor is a nordic god, so... yeah.

i hope you like it~ (sorry for the crappy english)

• Noad changed the title to [Judging Needed] Evolution Art Contest
  • 4 weeks later...

Evolution Art Contest

The Results

66f19f226c7df80acbb4027e3a839094.png1st Place - Suigin

4vgdyFF.jpg?1

What the judges likes about this entry was how it "made sense", you can instantly tell the evolution line and it fits very well. A few of our judges commented on how the presentation of the entry fit with Smeargle characteristics, the shaded piece makes you feel like this Pokemon is elusive. It's almost like it wants to avoid being seen as Smeargle has low defences and needs to avoid taking a hit. The Pokemon in this entry is an enigma and the fact it also is an artist Pokemon made me personally draw an amusing connection to the real life artist Banksy

0a324a3db8f5fc84d6e3bf88306a9800.png2nd Place - SodaNaranja

CdScK65.png

Judges also thought that this entry also fit in well with its Pre-Evolution. One thing that we felt stood out in this entry was that the Pokemon was designed to suit the environment it inhabits. It makes sense for Delibird's evolution to have a cloak to shield it from the snowy, arctic temperatures of Mountainous regions. Soda's signature clean line work was also appreciated by judges. 

1cb4cbc2ddb084854c3ecba965c5417d.png3rd Place - Debuti

aa1oVFa.png

Judges really found it smart how different elements of Dhelmise were incorporated into its evolution. This entry is definitely an upgrade from its Pre-Evolution and stays true to its part ghost typing with the skull addition and its grass typing by showing the growth of the seaweed covering it. 

skitty_md2_spriteNoad's Honourable Mention(s)

Both honourable mentions will receive a small token of my appreciation for their entries.

WolfgangDamien

I am a big fan of WolfgangDamien's creativity and I really appreciate their presence in creative contests. The shackles show a story yet to be told and I love that this piece leaves you with unanswered questions. 

rRHYqOr.png

CleytonVale

I love the line art and how the colours link to it's past form, I love the introduction of a new colour to "update" the Pokemon. I overall think this is a solid evolution for Dunsparce.

SWBVHqP.png

I have compiled a list of the entries below for easy, I think I managed to add them all in.

IMGUR ALBUM OF ENTRIES

@suigin @SodaNaranja @debuti @WolfgangDamien @CleytonVale

• Noad changed the title to *Results* Evolution Art Contest
  • Noad locked and unlocked this topic
  • Noad pinned and featured this topic
  • Kizhaz locked and unlocked this topic
5 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

I've left the thread unlocked because I like discussion, however if it delves into petty arguments over why some entries were or were not chosen or how your entry was "the best and deserved to win" it will be locked quicker than Tranz loses in the e4

if it happens can you just wp and mute the offenders instead of punishing us all by locking the thread?

2 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

if it happens can you just wp and mute the offenders instead of punishing us all by locking the thread?

They will be, but the thread will be locked and archived eventually anyway. It's more to save me cleaning anymore than the full page I just had to.

Ontopic~ Congrats to the winners, there were so many amazing entries I'm kinda glad I didn't have to judge on them. I wouldn't know who to choose from

• Noad unfeatured this topic
  • Noad locked and unpinned this topic