[1v1] Saved by the Bell (Sunday 1st October)

KaynineXL

Details

Up to 64 Players | 1 Pokemon vs 1 Pokemon Tournament | 64 Players | Ubers/OU/UU/NU | Finals Bo3

Date & Time

Sunday, 1st October | 10pm BST - 5pm EDT

Silph CO, Channel 7

Registration

Post a reply to this thread 1 hour before the event starts with your in-game name until the bracket is finalised.

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned Moves: (May Change)

- Counter

- Mirror Coat

- Explosion

- Selfdestruct

- Destiny Bond

Banned Pokemon: (May Change)

-None

First Place Prize

poliwrath.gif

Shiny GIFT Poliwrath

Your choice of nature, two moves, 2x31 and 4x25 IVs and gender!

(Hidden Power is available, IVs will be changed to 30 and 24 on the stats needed)

&

1,000,000 Pokeyen OR 1,000 Reward Points

Second Place Prize

500,000 Pokeyen OR 500 Reward Points

Third & Fourth Place Prize

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 Reward Points

Notes:

• Disconnecting and Battle Freeze during a match will result in a DQ.
  • Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extensions will be given.
  • UbersOver UsedUnder Used and Never Used tiers must all be selected. All matches will be Single Battles held in Tournament mode.

Your duel request will look like this.

734d6988628ab96e6ee935a7e1c725af.png

Host: KaynineXL

GM: Zehkar

Ref: Bilburt, SecretDjinn

Extensions*

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Notes:

• Disconnecting and Battle Freeze during a match will result in a DQ.
  • Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extenstions will be given.
  • UbersOver UsedUnder Used and Never Used tiers must all be selected. All matches will be Single Battles held in Tournament mode.

Your duel request will look like this.

Extensions*

3 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Perish Song, as the faster pokemon (in most cases, your opponent) dies while the user lives. Tested to make sure.

t1j0lPU.png

Yeh that's a pretty douch tactic in 1v1s, but you still get a couple hits on the perish user(unless protect spam) so it's not full proof.

I'll see what others have to say before doing anything rash. I'm not completely sold right now.

1 hour ago, notmudkip0 said:

With protect and recovery you can stall out the opponent and score a very cheap win. Jynx and Politoed also have access to Lovely Kiss, which can render the foe completely unable to stop the user.

It's 1v1 tho. If you have the right counter, you would win regardless. Jynx and Politoed are also extremely fast. Azumarill, Marowak and Lapras are much better in 1v1 as perish trappers. Azumarill and Marowak also learn Sing! In all cases, Breloom pretty much beat all of them and it's one of the most common 1v1 pokemon.

Edited by gbwead
6 minutes ago, Toast said:

if self ko is banned you might as well say no explosion destiny bond etc etc

also 1v1 is really just match up tbh so perish isnt that broken unless youre an idiot and run a wall or something

- Explosion

- Selfdestruct

- Destiny Bond

Did I miss any?

9 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

- Explosion

- Selfdestruct

- Destiny Bond

Did I miss any?

The pokemon using explosion, selfdestruct or destiny bond faints before or after the target? If the pokemon faints before, there is really no point in banning those moves.

Edited by gbwead
5 hours ago, DaftCoolio said:

Sounds like counter

I think Counter + Mirror coat together on the same mon... Especially if it's very bulky will almost always win, especially on the likes on Wobbu or Blissey. That removes the fun from what I want this to be about. I don't want to sit watching two people use the same strats stalling each other for 40 minutes, I want them to be fast games.

Now... I could technically ban Mirror Coat and leave Counter... But why? They basically do the same thing. I suppose there isn't a wall that takes on all physical attackers whereas Blissey can take on all special attackers, but I don't see it being a big enough reason not to just ban both.

Give me more thought as to why it should be unbanned sir.

53 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

I think Counter + Mirror coat together on the same mon... Especially if it's very bulky will almost always win, especially on the likes on Wobbu or Blissey. That removes the fun from what I want this to be about. I don't want to sit watching two people use the same stats stalling each other for 40 minutes, I want them to be fast games.

Now... I could technically ban Mirror Coat and leave Counter... But why? They basically do the same thing. I suppose there isn't a wall that takes on all physical attackers whereas Blissey can take on all special attackers, but I don't see it being a big enough reason not to just ban both.

Give me more thought as to why it should be unbanned sir.

Both can be countered by a cleric umbreon or a leech seed grass pokemon. But for 1 on 1, they are indeed to strong, but on the same hand, the same could be said about endeavor+ overgrown gigadrain sceptile.

8 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Both can be countered by a cleric umbreon or a leech seed grass pokemon. But for 1 on 1, they are indeed to strong, but on the same hand, the same could be said about endeavor+ overgrown gigadrain sceptile.

Endeavour Sceptile needs a free turn for that tactic to work, for example, it would require you to to setup a sub while the opponent switches, so you'd get a free turn to Endeavour somewhere down the line. In a 1v1 scenario, unless you can't ohko the Sceptile, you won't have any troubles.

Just now, KaynineXL said:

Endeavour Sceptile needs a free turn for that tactic to work, for example, it would require you to to setup a sub while the opponent switches, so you'd get a free turn to Endeavour somewhere down the line. In a 1v1 scenario, unless you can't ohko the Sceptile, you won't have any troubles.

But can't the same be said about mirror coat and counter? You won't be able to fight a mixed pokemon unless you predict perfectly, you won't be able to fight a stall leech seed pokemon nor a curse sub painsplit disable haunter for example.

1 minute ago, redspawn said:

But can't the same be said about mirror coat and counter? You won't be able to fight a mixed pokemon unless you predict perfectly, you won't be able to fight a stall leech seed pokemon nor a curse sub painsplit disable haunter for example.

It's not the same because certain Pokemon like Wobbu/Blissey(which are incredibly bulky to take a hit) can abuse mirror coat and counter much better. Sceptile is as squishy as a marshmallow, it just won't work the same way.

4 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

It's not the same because certain Pokemon like Wobbu/Blissey(which are incredibly bulky to take a hit) can abuse mirror coat and counter much better. Sceptile is as squishy as a marshmallow, it just won't work the same way.

Not saying the same looking at stats, but looking at the ability itself, isn't it just a gimmick that if the conditions doens't meet, won't do any good? Blissey leech seeded becomes a joke, you can literally stall her to dead with leech seed. Idk, I just can't see it being that big of a problem. But since you're at that consider banning sturdy+boost berries, magneton with petaya and golem with liechi, just a theory, got to run some calcs after I'm out of my job, but should also be a problem to most sweepers, magneton maybe not so much, but golem.