Questions about the future Dungeons

Matoka

I'm aware that these will be a future implementation, and therefore any possible answers we might get are subject to change and may not even be decided upon yet, but on the off chance these get a response I'm curious about the following:

1. Considering these will be the source of Hidden Abilities and that slightly more than four generations of pokemon (as this is before implementation of Sinnoh) will be available, that's a lot of pokemon to eventually have hidden abilities distributed, with this mind roughly how many unique families of pokemon can we expect on average a dungeon to contain? too few will mean some people will have to wait an extreme amount of time for specific pokemon to gain access to the desired set they wish to run, and too many at once could make the meta a tad unstable / run out of new sparkly things for players before the implementation of Sinnoh. Any thoughts?

2. Will pokemon be guaranteed to have their hidden abilities if they are found inside a dungeon or will it be a random chance, rare chance etc?

3. Considering it has already been stated Dungeons will be a source of legendary pokemon, is there an idea on how you want to handle the distribution of these legendary pokemon? when I ask this
    more so mean in terms of their power levels, it seems safer to add in say Regirock than it does to add in Deoxys as Deoxys is a far more powerful pokemon for a plethora of reasons.
    Are you taking the mentality of "Eventually we want all of them to be available" and simply have some put into Ubers, or do you plan for only a certain group of legendary pokemon, i.e. less super powerful ones, to be implemented through dungeons?

4. Will these legendary pokemon be replenish-able? or only one per character etc?

5. With the above in mind will a legendary be capable of being shiny? Will it be feasible for someone to "Shiny hunt" a legendary?

6. Will it be possible for Legendary Pokemon to be traded / put on GTL?

7. Will a dungeon, after its implementation, usually be available consistently from then onwards? The North-Pole dungeon previously added for a winter event was only available for a duration, will this be the same with dungeons added from now on or will they be something we can access year-round?

8. Will they have some attunement / access fee required to enter? and if so will they have a timer / step counter for how long you can exist within them before being ejected?

9. This is the most spoiler-esque question I'll ask, but, if you'd be willing to give us a small teaser what "Theme" or environment you think the first dungeon will hold? similar to "Marsh Land" "Jungle" "Underwater" "Volcano" etc or is it still undecided?
28 minutes ago, ORBFLUX said:

Can u not just wait? 

I could, infact I am waiting. but for me personally at least having some of these details mentioned helps me keep up hype towards the new update.

Also sometimes people who play a game ask about things dev's wouldn't think to discuss before their addition, and in those cases it could potentially lead to feedback from the community before it's addition to the game, that can potentially have merit depending on what the topic and feedback is.

I might not get any of these questions answered, and that's fine, there's no harm in asking though. *shrug*

1 hour ago, Matoka said:

Considering it has already been stated Dungeons will be a source of legendary pokemon, is there an idea on how you want to handle the distribution of these legendary pokemon? when I ask this
more so mean in terms of their power levels, it seems safer to add in say Regirock than it does to add in Deoxys as Deoxys is a far more powerful pokemon for a plethora of reasons.
Are you taking the mentality of "Eventually we want all of them to be available" and simply have some put into Ubers, or do you plan for only a certain group of legendary pokemon, i.e. less super powerful ones, to be implemented through dungeons?

Uber legends are to be added the way Mewtwo and Rayquaza exist. The OP as fuck legendaries that will never be allowed in PvP and PvE will presumably never be permanently obtainable.

As for the first thing, I imagine they kinda want to trickle HA's in slowly. First because it gives them more time to make them work, and secondly because it gives pvp players something to look forward to in updates. It's not exactly unheard of for this game to change aspects of PvP like that slowly over the course of time through multiple updates.

49 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

Uber legends are to be added the way Mewtwo and Rayquaza exist. The OP as fuck legendaries that will never be allowed in PvP and PvE will presumably never be permanently obtainable.

As for the first thing, I imagine they kinda want to trickle HA's in slowly. First because it gives them more time to make them work, and secondly because it gives pvp players something to look forward to in updates. It's not exactly unheard of for this game to change aspects of PvP like that slowly over the course of time through multiple updates.

Define "Slowly" trickle, like 4 pokemon families per dungeon would slow for you or another roughly guess?

also where would you draw the line as OP as Fuck, would you include the 600 base stat total mythic pokemon as OP?

3 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Define "Slowly" trickle, like 4 pokemon families per dungeon would slow for you or another roughly guess?

also where would you draw the line as OP as Fuck, would you include the 600 base stat total mythic pokemon as OP?

Box art legendaries generally

On 28/09/2017 at 11:03 PM, Kizhaz said:

Box art legendaries generally

Some box art legendaries are pretty weak though by comparison to others, such as Reshiram, meanwhile some non-box art legendaries can be pretty devastating to meta game such as say Azelf or Landorous, or even Deoxys since it isn't a boxart legendary, I just wonder with odd cases like this how it's gonna be decided.

2 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Some box art legendaries are pretty weak though by comparison to others, such as Reshiram, meanwhile some non-box art legendaries can be pretty devastating to meta game such as say Azelf or Landorous, or even Deoxys since it isn't a boxart legendary, I just wonder with odd cases like this how it's gonna be decided.

I can't think of a box art legendary that has never been uber, there are a few non like landorus, deoxys and Darkrai that will mosy likely be op. I imagine this will be put on the TC's todo list when it arises to see which are appropriate to keep

5 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Some box art legendaries are pretty weak though by comparison to others, such as Reshiram

Most 680 BST legends "box art legends" are autobanned to uber because it's pretty much a given that they'll be too powerful for OU. They might not be strong on uber standards, but those standards are much higher than any other tier.

8 minutes ago, Matoka said:

such as say Azelf or Landorous

Azelf is hardly devastating to OU, it does a simple job of set rocks/pivot/explode and that doesn't exactly make a huge impact. Landorous stays uber because of how powerful it is with sheer force and life orb.

6 minutes ago, Kizhaz said:

I can't think of a box art legendary that has never been uber

Kyurem-Black