Pokemon as a Pet

Tackle

Question

i know its not that important compare to other suggestions.. but how about treating pokemons as a  pet for real? like feeding them every time they hungry,  letting them play inside your secret base, etc..

how it works:
it only happen when you put the pokemon outside of its pokeball/pc box, the pokemon will soon request for something like it wants food.. or maybe it want some hug :D

*you can put out all 6 if you are inside of your secret base.. 

* you can only put out 1 pokemon if youre outside of your secret base

* i think of it like a minigame where you doesnt lose anything

j0ibmg.png

Edited by Tackle

If it was implemented your way @Tackle it would turn into dead content quicker than secret bases. If it's one thing I hate is seeing a devs waste their time implementing more dead content, and it would absolutely make no sense to make this optional... people will turn the feature off ofcourse.

I honestly don't find the idea ridiculous, many other mmos have a similar feature (including pokemon mmos that I have come across) and people are usually happy to interact with their pokemon. Again, this is a mmo.... your pokemon aren't slaves that simply fight for you or to just be thrown either in the pc or in daycare to make babies for you.

We might lose players but it would be a very low number, players will adapt to the concept.

21 hours ago, Kite said:

No it wouldn't, fundamentally the game can't do it as the player must always have at least 1 pokemon in their party. Then you have players who have been gone for a long time and it would be a huge "fuck you" to those players. 

The starting of the game you have 0 in your party until you pick your starter. It's just not possible to deposit below 1 party member into the PC. Though this could be something where you pick one and have to care for it rather than having to care for all of them. It's theoretically feasible but the question is how much of a value add this would be for the game and if it would be worth the effort needed to make it happen. Just my personal take on this. This is not any official response.

3 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

The starting of the game you have 0 in your party until you pick your starter. It's just not possible to deposit below 1 party member into the PC. Though this could be something where you pick one and have to care for it rather than having to care for all of them. It's theoretically feasible but the question is how much of a value add this would be for the game and if it would be worth the effort needed to make it happen. Just my personal take on this. This is not any official response.

Its more of the fact, if you didn't have skip obtaining a pokemon through cheating/glitches, problems do happen. Frankly this suggestion doesn't add any value to the game, unless there is an actual benefit. Which I see none.

I actually do thought of similar idea and wanted to suggest it.

However, I do find difficulty to draw a line to make this not a heavy task for all.

The latest I thought of would be:
Pokemons would have energy bar.

They would use some of the energy in Gym Battle(s) (Re-battles) and/or PvP ranked

This (might) encourage people to have more varied line-ups and at the same time, if someone is going to test their team for not ranked plays, the energy is not being consumed.

Just a thought from me

Could we just have a poop feature like digimon world 1 did? cause then we could take our pokes and have em poop all over hoenn and kanto. once channel 1 is all covered in shit we could conquer channel 2 and so on. and maybe one day we managed to drown this whole fkn game in a huge pool of pokeshit.

This (might) encourage people to have more varied line-ups, because the size and sound of the poke having a dump would differ from poke to poke + we could have a poop bar, which has to refill over time.

just a thought of mine.

Edited by DrButler