Pokemon as a Pet

Tackle

Question

i know its not that important compare to other suggestions.. but how about treating pokemons as a  pet for real? like feeding them every time they hungry,  letting them play inside your secret base, etc..

how it works:
it only happen when you put the pokemon outside of its pokeball/pc box, the pokemon will soon request for something like it wants food.. or maybe it want some hug :D

*you can put out all 6 if you are inside of your secret base.. 

* you can only put out 1 pokemon if youre outside of your secret base

* i think of it like a minigame where you doesnt lose anything

j0ibmg.png

Edited by Tackle

Why even stop there though? Since this is a MMO, players should keep their pokemon healthy/alive by feeding them. Of course there has to be pokemon food implemented for such thing so I suggest adding pokeblocks to all pokemarts. I suggest that players should feed their pokemon every 10 hours or they will die from starvation. I would also like for our characters to get hungry/thirsty as well, we are not gods we need to eat/drink something at some point.

Pros: Money sink, makes the game feel like a MMO and not your every day gameboy game.

Cons: triggered players but that's ok they will eventually get over it.

its better i think if you can only feed the pokemon if it was summon outside.. if it was inside pc/pokeball.. it will not get hungry. it will prevent to waste some money

so you have an option if you want to take care of your pokemon or if you dont want things like that.. just put them inside pc( or just implement a on/off button for that)

8 hours ago, Zackyie said:

I suggest that players should feed their pokemon every 10 hours or they will die from starvation.

cant even tell if you´re trolling or if theres something wrong between your ears tbh, but ye, feeding several boxes of comps every 10 hours sounds hella fun.

8 hours ago, Zackyie said:

makes the game feel like a MMO and not your every day gameboy game.

if you spent your time playing comp or breeding instead of suggesting bs on forums on a daily basis, the game would feel that way.

46 minutes ago, Tackle said:

i just suggest something that will add some flavor for the game and ppl start thinking it just another money sink for the game.. 

money grinding on this game is kinda sucks.. they need to fix it. 

Issue is if everyone's things require extra resources it /is/ a money sink because people need to buy the things to feed them. people don't /think/ this would be a money sink, its just a fact.

An addition like this should be 100% optional meaning it has no negative drawbacks for people not participating in it, i.e. they don't starve to death xd

I think it could be cool though to have it where you could have the game pull from HG/SS sprites to summon up some pokemon from your party to wonder around from your party if you wished. but other than that I'd rather it didn't impact the game mechanically.

Sorry but this seems like an extra pain in the arse that our community could do without. I for one would not enjoy playing what I think would be like those old Tamagotchi on steroids. Sure feed 100's of pokemon or lose millions of yen, fair play 10/10 idea. I'm all for creating something new that would encourage interaction just not this idea.

Edited by WaterFTW
corrected an error

If it's more like pokemon-amie and less of an obligation, I'd be fine with it. Gives a reason for using secret bases, and could be used to implement some minigames as well.

18 hours ago, Zackyie said:

Why even stop there though? Since this is a MMO, players should keep their pokemon healthy/alive by feeding them. Of course there has to be pokemon food implemented for such thing so I suggest adding pokeblocks to all pokemarts. I suggest that players should feed their pokemon every 10 hours or they will die from starvation. I would also like for our characters to get hungry/thirsty as well, we are not gods we need to eat/drink something at some point.

Pros: Money sink, makes the game feel like a MMO and not your every day gameboy game.

Cons: triggered players but that's ok they will eventually get over it.

Shitty bait but I'll bite.

1. Pokeblocks existing in shops makes growing berries for them moot, and will fuck the economy a fair bit.
  2. Not everyone has so much damn time for this game, people have work and school and lives outside of this and killing their pokemon because they got out for a little while is incredibly stupid. It also punishes players that have not played in a good amount of time since they won't have a thing left.
  3. Hunger/Thirst for the player character is pretty much limited to survival games, which this is far from being. What's the point of having such stats? What would the consequence even be for not filling them in time? 

Implementing any of these would quickly kill an already dwindling playerbase. There are zero pros to this crap idea.

I like this idea, I'd almost exclusively play for this feature alone!

Pokemon tamagotchi, think about how awesome it would be, if you neglect your Pokémon they DIE & to make it sentimental & edgy you can visit them in lavender town, finally other than the storyline & finding gastlys & shit Pokémon tower would serve a purpose ;o

pretty badass stuff ~

6 hours ago, RealLifeAngel said:

I like this idea, I'd almost exclusively play for this feature alone!

Pokemon tamagotchi, think about how awesome it would be, if you neglect your Pokémon they DIE & to make it sentimental & edgy you can visit them in lavender town, finally other than the storyline & finding gastlys & shit Pokémon tower would serve a purpose ;o

pretty badass stuff ~

Yeah that definitely won't happen.

13 hours ago, Kite said:

Yeah that definitely won't happen.

It should happen, Pokémon are already basically pets at least that is what the lore leads you to believe, it would make sense for them to eventually die when not being cared for, some of the games already have a tamagotchi like features, such as in the ruby/sapphire remakes (cannot remember what the feature was called though) just w/out the dying aspect, I was being sarcastic mostly about the other bullshit but I think it would be neat! 

No it wouldn't, fundamentally the game can't do it as the player must always have at least 1 pokemon in their party. Then you have players who have been gone for a long time and it would be a huge "fuck you" to those players. 

2 minutes ago, Kite said:

No it wouldn't, fundamentally the game can't do it as the player must always have at least 1 pokemon in their party. Then you have players who have been gone for a long time and it would be a huge "fuck you" to those players. 

Sure it can, you can assume Pokémon in your party are being cared for considering they are being actively used, actively being taken to the Pokémon center, actively being walked & actively being given items be it berries or potions, etc. 

With that said, simply make it so that this only goes for Pokémon in your PC, it creates incentive for those "forgotten" Pokémon to be used in some way, like I said, neat stuff! Perhaps I should have been less sarcastic & more in depth s:

It would not be required, the feature I was basing this on was not "required" stop being so obtuse lol 

it would obviously be optional, it would just give people away to interact w/ Pokémon they'd otherwise not bother using giving the game just something a lil' extra for people to do. 

Yes it was, I just was not being in depth about it at first. If anything the original idea was bad, & I made it better. You just don't know anything about good stuff lol

it is just a fun lil' extra for people to enjoy, you do not have a fun bone in your body do you?

Edited by RealLifeAngel
1 hour ago, RealLifeAngel said:

it would obviously be optional, it would just give people away to interact w/ Pokémon they'd otherwise not bother using giving the game just something a lil' extra for people to do. 

If it was optional, no one would opt for it since it's a massive burden and would kill off their pokemon if they dared to take a break.

If it was forced, people would straight up drop the game.

There is literally no reason to have mortal pokemon.

7 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

If it was optional, no one would opt for it since it's a massive burden and would kill off their pokemon if they dared to take a break.

If it was forced, people would straight up drop the game.

There is literally no reason to have mortal pokemon.

It would only be a burden if they actively engaged w/ pokemon they care about. But those millions of Pokémon that aren't bred to the specifications of whoever instead of just getting released can serve some purpose through a mini game, & if it dies so what you were going to get rid of it anyway