Dailys

Zesurk

Question

What about Dailys? This is a MMO after all.

Example:

Dailys:

• Defeat 20 trainers. (Reward: 30k)
  • Catch a Pinsir. (Reward: 10 ultraball)
  • Evolve a Pokémon.  (Reward: 10k)
  • Defeat 50 wild Pokémon. (Reward: 20k)

And more..

With 3 or 4 dailys for day and give money or item depending on the difficulty of the mission.

22 answers to this question

I agree with daily activities, but the reward system should be better.

The developers should introduce a new currency let's name it PokeCoin for now. Everytime a player completes a daily activity they will earn a set amount of PokeCoins depending on the difficulty of the task.

Daily activity reward shop:

This is where players will spend their PokeCoins. Items can be a set amount of any type of ball (excluding master ball ofcourse), exclusive vanity items and tms. There should also be a small cash reward with completing activities for noobs that need the help.

4 hours ago, Zackyie said:

I agree with daily activities, but the reward system should be better.

The developers should introduce a new currency let's name it PokeCoin for now. Everytime a player completes a daily activity they will earn a set amount of PokeCoins depending on the difficulty of the task.

Daily activity reward shop:

This is where players will spend their PokeCoins. Items can be a set amount of any type of ball (excluding master ball ofcourse), exclusive vanity items and tms. There should also be a small cash reward with completing activities for noobs that need the help.

The idea of daily quests is nice but having a currency lime that is not. We already have 2 concrete currencies in game, yen and battle points. Pokémon and items can also be considered currency as well depending on how they are used. This also duplicates the gift shop in essence. The gift shop exists to reward players for donating to the game. Adding another currency into the mix is not a good idea. I would stick more to the reward matching the type of quest. If the quest is comp related then the reward is battle points. If it is something like capturing or defeating certain Pokémon items or yen are perfectly viable rewards. This is all just my personal opinion though.

On 20/9/2017 at 7:47 PM, XelaKebert said:

The idea of daily quests is nice but having a currency lime that is not. We already have 2 concrete currencies in game, yen and battle points. Pokémon and items can also be considered currency as well depending on how they are used. This also duplicates the gift shop in essence. The gift shop exists to reward players for donating to the game. Adding another currency into the mix is not a good idea. I would stick more to the reward matching the type of quest. If the quest is comp related then the reward is battle points. If it is something like capturing or defeating certain Pokémon items or yen are perfectly viable rewards. This is all just my personal opinion though.

But in general, u think that this is a good idea for implement on the new region? maybe try in pokemmo this, and see the review of the community...

On 21/09/2017 at 12:47 AM, XelaKebert said:

Currency manage trades. Battle Point is definitely not a currency, and calling pokemon and item a currencies is weird af, and the suggested "pokecoins" wouldnt be a currency. Just a way to have the choice on your reward. There is no link with currency in that, and many MMO use that, like "[...] tokens" or idk how they call it, to give a choice for different rewards from one only thing. 

58 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Currency manage trades. Battle Point is definitely not a currency, and calling pokemon and item a currencies is weird af, and the suggested "pokecoins" wouldnt be a currency. Just a way to have the choice on your reward. There is no link with currency in that, and many MMO use that, like "[...] tokens" or idk how they call it, to give a choice for different rewards from one only thing. 

A currency is literally anything you exchange with another person for goods or services. Pokemon are exchanged for Pokemon, items for items, Pokemon for items, Pokemon for yen, yen for Pokemon, etc. Ergo, Pokemon are currency. Players barter with each other using Pokemon and yen. Battle Points are a pseudo-currency in which players purchase items from the BP shops and trade those items to other players. Then we have the Gift Shop in which players will purchase Reward Points and purchase gift shop items for other players in exchange for in game goods. That brings the total currencies up to 3 main and 2 pseudo-currencies. This would add a 3rd pseudo-currency which is most likely to cause confusion among players. "Why can't I use my Pokecoins to get this Gift Shop item?" This is why my personal opinion of this is that we shouldn't add any further currencies into the game and instead make the rewards something more useful like yen or items. Having a reward system that only gives out gold or items is a staple of handling quests outside of the main storyline.

7 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

A currency is literally anything you exchange with another person for goods or services. Pokemon are exchanged for Pokemon, items for items, Pokemon for items, Pokemon for yen, yen for Pokemon, etc. Ergo, Pokemon are currency. Players barter with each other using Pokemon and yen. Battle Points are a pseudo-currency in which players purchase items from the BP shops and trade those items to other players. Then we have the Gift Shop in which players will purchase Reward Points and purchase gift shop items for other players in exchange for in game goods. That brings the total currencies up to 3 main and 2 pseudo-currencies. This would add a 3rd pseudo-currency which is most likely to cause confusion among players. "Why can't I use my Pokecoins to get this Gift Shop item?" This is why my personal opinion of this is that we shouldn't add any further currencies into the game and instead make the rewards something more useful like yen or items. Having a reward system that only gives out gold or items is a staple of handling quests outside of the main storyline.

It's hard to talk about economy in english for me, but here u're totally wrong. 

Before currency, there was "barter" (from google translate). Makes shit way to value stuff (hard to find something with the exact same value as the stuff u want, to trade it)

Currency is an intermediary for trades, making values more precise. This is currency.

Currency isnt something u trade or everything would be currency,, words are meant to be used for what they mean.

You cant use pokeyen in gift shop, but who cares ? Currency is about trades, not about generating stuff, trade are between players here.

BP, RP, and the suggested PokeCoins are meant to generate stuff, not to trade anything.

1 hour ago, Raederz said:

It's hard to talk about economy in english for me, but here u're totally wrong. 

Before currency, there was "barter" (from google translate). Makes shit way to value stuff (hard to find something with the exact same value as the stuff u want, to trade it)

Currency is an intermediary for trades, making values more precise. This is currency.

Currency isnt something u trade or everything would be currency,, words are meant to be used for what they mean.

You cant use pokeyen in gift shop, but who cares ? Currency is about trades, not about generating stuff, trade are between players here.

BP, RP, and the suggested PokeCoins are meant to generate stuff, not to trade anything.

Merriam-Webster disagrees:

Definition of currency

plural currencies
1a :circulation as a medium of exchange
b :general use, acceptance, or prevalence 
  • a story gaining currency
c :the quality or state of being current :currentness 
  • needed to check the accuracy andcurrency of the information
2a :something (such as coins, treasury notes, and banknotes) that is in circulation as a medium of exchange
b :paper money in circulation
c :a common article for bartering 
  • Furs were once used as currency.
d :a medium of verbal or intellectual expression
  • … neither side possessed any currency but clichés …
  •  —Jan Struther

BP, RP, Pokemon, Yen, and Items are all currencies in game. They are used as a means for bartering. Introducing another currency just adds more into the mix. The BP shops exist because they canonically existed in the games. The RP shop rewards players who donate to the game's upkeep. Having a 2nd shop outside of the gift shop for Pokecoins makes no sense at all. Why duplicate logic that is already well in use when you can reward players with the items/yen they are after? The concept of daily quests and side quests is to allow players to accumulate resources outside of the main content. Having them jump through hoops to accumulate an additional currency that isn't needed in order to purchase items they need is unnecessary hassle. Who is going to catch say 20 Magikarp to earn 100 Pokecoins to purchase 10 Pokeballs when you can Pay Day for a few minutes and purchase those same 10 Pokeballs much faster? The biggest downfall of the Pokecoin concept is that it adds extra effort into obtaining items that you can already obtain elsewhere with little to no effort put into it.

Edited by XelaKebert
Fixed formatting

I like dailies if they are worthwhile and contribute to a greater purpose.

Worthwhile: Is it worth my time and effort doing?

Greater purpose: Why am I doing these dailies?

Integration of Daily quests with the guild system would be amazing.

Guild members completing dailies obtain a weekly reward for reaching a certain goal together.

Let's call that goal 100 QP (Quest Points) -placeholder-

Difficulty of daily quest has influence on the amount of QP gained.

For example:

• Obtain a win-streak of 14 in the Battle Factory. Reward: 5 QP
  • Catch a Dratini in the Safari zone. Reward 1 QP

A limitation on the amount of daily quests can be set to 1 Easy and 1 Difficult per player, with a "reroll" option once or twice a week to replace an unwanted assignment.

(By tracking which assignment is the most unwanted one for the total population, the Devs can replace that one by something more 'fun' to improve the system)

By making the Daily quest a guild system, guild members can compare weekly QP progression and help eachother completing the quests.

Promoting the social aspect of the game in ways like this, player retention numbers should improve, as the guild 'relies' on eachother to reach the weekly goal.

Anyway, this perhaps could be a suggestion on its own, as my view of dailies has a more guild oriented approach in contrast to the OP.

48 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

Merriam-Webster disagrees:

BP, RP, Pokemon, Yen, and Items are all currencies in game. They are used as a means for bartering. Introducing another currency just adds more into the mix. The BP shops exist because they canonically existed in the games. The RP shop rewards players who donate to the game's upkeep. Having a 2nd shop outside of the gift shop for Pokecoins makes no sense at all. Why duplicate logic that is already well in use when you can reward players with the items/yen they are after? The concept of daily quests and side quests is to allow players to accumulate resources outside of the main content. Having them jump through hoops to accumulate an additional currency that isn't needed in order to purchase items they need is unnecessary hassle. Who is going to catch say 20 Magikarp to earn 100 Pokecoins to purchase 10 Pokeballs when you can Pay Day for a few minutes and purchase those same 10 Pokeballs much faster? The biggest downfall of the Pokecoin concept is that it adds extra effort into obtaining items that you can already obtain elsewhere with little to no effort put into it.

Nah man, trades like pokemon for pokemon, are always related to the yen value.

Also, having more than one currency in a game like pokemmo, would have no impact on anything. Would be just like having km and miles. There's one only way to "convert" it, and you can value what u want  in on or another currency, for the same result.

Bartering is a thing when u have no choice. Here, trading 2 pokemon that have the same value just means that both traders paid the same, regarding yen value.

BP, RP arent meant to be traded, but stuff u get with that can be traded, and for that, we use their yen value.

(This is a lot for some off topic, but ye, u pointing something that is definitely not a con on this suggestion)

Edited by Raederz
37 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Nah man, trades like pokemon for pokemon, are always related to the yen value.

Also, having more than one currency in a game like pokemmo, would have no impact on anything. Would be just like having km and miles. There's one only way to "convert" it, and you can value what u want  in on or another currency, for the same result.

Bartering is a thing when u have no choice. Here, trading 2 pokemon that have the same value just means that both traders paid the same, regarding yen value.

BP, RP arent meant to be traded, but stuff u get with that can be traded, and for that, we use their yen value.

(This is a lot for some off topic, but ye, u pointing something that is definitely not a con on this suggestion)

They only have value because the value is attached to them. Bear in mind that players don't always know or ask for values for trading they just barter and make offers according to their desires. Pokémon are currency, this is an undeniable fact. The cons of adding a Pokecoin shop are as follows:

Extra effort required to obtain items that can already be found elsewhere with less effort

More community valuation needed to determine equivalents for coins to BP, RP, yen, etc.

Bear in mind that the only means to obtain RP exist outside of the game itself. Having extra currencies that do not already exist in game can also add a lot of overhead to quest development. The literal only games I know that use anything like this are mobile games like Pokémon Go and Clash of Clans. They are able to get away with that functionality because it provides a faster means of obtaining the items in their shops faster than by leveling.

33 minutes ago, XelaKebert said:

More community valuation needed to determine equivalents for coins to BP, RP, yen, etc.

Man it's just linear conversion

Also you cant compare currency from these mobile games, that are definitely not part of any economy with our yens

1 hour ago, Raederz said:

Man it's just linear conversion

Also you cant compare currency from these mobile games, that are definitely not part of any economy with our yens

It's a linear conversion that never existed until yen was made tradeable.

It's not a comparison. I'm stating that they can get away with using systems like that because the only other way to obtain the items in those shops is by leveling up, which some users prefer to power-level and need access to those items earlier. How they earn the coins they invest in that shop is up to them. Such a system would not work here because we have 5 literal currencies. Not everyone uses yen and they shouldn't be forced to use it either if they don't feel like using it. Put simply, a reward system that uses something that literally does not exist doesn't make sense. What problem does it solve that can't already be solved by making the rewards items, yen, or battle points?

2 hours ago, XelaKebert said:

It's a linear conversion that never existed until yen was made tradeable.

It's not a comparison. I'm stating that they can get away with using systems like that because the only other way to obtain the items in those shops is by leveling up, which some users prefer to power-level and need access to those items earlier. How they earn the coins they invest in that shop is up to them. Such a system would not work here because we have 5 literal currencies. Not everyone uses yen and they shouldn't be forced to use it either if they don't feel like using it. Put simply, a reward system that uses something that literally does not exist doesn't make sense. What problem does it solve that can't already be solved by making the rewards items, yen, or battle points?

In real life, if u try to do all your trades with potatoes, you can still live, but it's harder, cuz they are not many ppl willing to trade things for potatoes. Still, u can trade potatoes, but is potato a currency ?

We're mixing currency meanings, making some nonsense in the discussion. We both a telling truth in a certani way so I dont see the point of arguing more. My point is not theoric but how the game is rn, and pokeyen is for me the only currency (in an economic senses, directly related to trades, ofc pokemon may be seen as a currency, but honestly, never seen someone calling "WTS [...] LF 5 pokemons" (assuming a currency is non-differenciable thing, if someone is looking for a specific pokemon, its not a currency anymore).

7 hours ago, Tyrone said:

I like dailies if they are worthwhile and contribute to a greater purpose.

Worthwhile: Is it worth my time and effort doing?

Greater purpose: Why am I doing these dailies?

Integration of Daily quests with the guild system would be amazing.

Guild members completing dailies obtain a weekly reward for reaching a certain goal together.

Let's call that goal 100 QP (Quest Points) -placeholder-

Difficulty of daily quest has influence on the amount of QP gained.

For example:

• Obtain a win-streak of 14 in the Battle Factory. Reward: 5 QP
  • Catch a Dratini in the Safari zone. Reward 1 QP

A limitation on the amount of daily quests can be set to 1 Easy and 1 Difficult per player, with a "reroll" option once or twice a week to replace an unwanted assignment.

(By tracking which assignment is the most unwanted one for the total population, the Devs can replace that one by something more 'fun' to improve the system)

By making the Daily quest a guild system, guild members can compare weekly QP progression and help eachother completing the quests.

Promoting the social aspect of the game in ways like this, player retention numbers should improve, as the guild 'relies' on eachother to reach the weekly goal.

Anyway, this perhaps could be a suggestion on its own, as my view of dailies has a more guild oriented approach in contrast to the OP.

This would really give teams a purpose other than team tournaments. I really like the idea, but I wouldn't want the system to focus on teams only. There are players that do not have teams or simply don't want to be apart of one... they shouldn't be forced to join a team to do said daily assignments. I still stand with my idea to implement a shop to use these points.

Also, instead of a vote to remove a assignment... we can add a money sink. I suggest the developers should add a quest guide npc that assigns the daily quests. If a player isn't satisfied with the quest/assignment they were given they can simply pay a set amount of like yen/quest points to skip it.

Edit: Raids/dungeons is probably the best way to give teams a purpose. Maybe we can add a clan war type feature in pokemmo? Like add a ranked matchmaking for teams if that's possible. Teams must have atleast 3 players of the same clan tag sign up in order to enter... I know this is off topic, thought I should just share my opinion.

Edited by Zackyie

The one daily mentioned I like the sound of most is "Go out and catch X pokemon for me"

Could be done where NPC's in various towns may or may not have a request for a pokemon they want from a pool of pokemon.

You go out to catch the pokemon, and upon catching it the game does a special prompt "Would you like to send this pokemon complete your daily?"

If you click yes then the pokemon instead of going to your PC goes to the NPC and you get their reward, small amount of cash like 7,500 yen or some pokeballs (e.g. 10 ultra balls)

Defeating pokemon isn't something i'd want as a daily I don't think really, I dunno though. dailies feel weird to exist in pokemmo when comparing it to other game's stuff

treasure.png
This is the item list of treasure hunter that you can receive one per day, randomly of course. You could turn the treasure hunter into a daily quest giver that will earn you points (yes, aside from yen and bp a third point) that can later be used as a currency to buy said items from the treasure hunter, if you have gained enough points to do so. (leftovers, exp share, etc etc) And many more items that could be purchased through the NPC.

Edited by Malorne