[UU] Donphan's Rollout Competition (Monday, 25th September)

Mike

Details

Automated Tournament | Single Battle | 64 Players | 6v6 UU

Date & Time

Monday, 25th September | 8pm BST - 3pm EDT

Registration

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournament. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup".

Clauses

Evasion / Sleep / OHKO / Unique Species / Self-KO / OP Item

Tournament Clauses Explained

UU Ban List 

Dragonite | Dugtrio | Gengar | Salamence | Tyranitar | Wobbuffet | Blissey

Aerodactyl | Alakazam | Arcanine | Blaziken | Chansey | Charizard | Milotic

Dusclops | Espeon | Flygon | Forretress | Gardevoir | Gyarados| Typhlosion

Heracross | Jolteon | Kingdra | Ludicolo | Magneton | Medicham | Metagross

Porygon2 | Rhydon | Skarmory | Slowbro | Snorlax | Starmie | Swampert

Tauros | Umbreon | Ursaring | Venusaur | Weezing | Breloom | Golem (Test Ban)

Hariyama | Linoone | Machamp | Marowak | Slaking | Houndoom | Dodrio

Feraligatr | Tentacruel | Sceptile | Zangoose

Prizes:

1st Place Prize

donphan.gif

Shiny GIFT Donphan

Your choice of nature, two moves, with IVs 2x31 & 4x25

AND

1,000,000 Pokeyen OR 1,000 Reward Points

2nd Place Prize

500,000 Pokeyen OR 500 Reward Points

3rd - 4th Place Prize

250,000 Pokeyen OR 250 Reward Points

Host: TheChampionMike

Only 2 likes and no comments with this post being up for the entire day. This game is dying much faster then I've ever expected. Can't really blame them with these awful prize pools honestly and these tournys just giving out these COMP shinies further devaluing them to the point of "nobody care" status. Shame you guys don't get access to tournament exclusive shinys like "Monochrome" Pokemon or something. Would of fixed that from the start. Giving out these shinies were a mistake to begin with and absolutely killed the casual scene. Then the money prize pool is a absolute bloody joke. Takes at least a good 300k~800k per Poke to make it even 5x25/5x31 making teams easily cost a good 3m~5m entry fee to even attempt to complete. 1m? In all out honesty too, the lower tiers should have a even more rewarding prize pool as well when compared to OU because the tiers simply ain't equal. Meta game is much more difficult to learn and get into due to less knowledge, less players and on top of all that, go out of your way to raise a team for such a minor, barely usable cost. Players need to be accommodated for going out of their way to learn a meta from scratch+raising a team for it. That would bring life to these lower tiers while making OU still playable. OU will always be the most popular tier regardless, most explorer tier and honesty, Smogon is still very usable for the current OU metagame (not to the exact though).

Will be showing up though as I love UU play and wish there was more of a demand for these lower tiers just for sport really. I'll probably be making a detail post soon about this soon or join a already continuing discussion. But this post really shows the state of things right now and it makes me rather disappointed. Some really simple steps can be taken to value these tournaments to already be higher and much more exciting overall.

Don't let me discourage other folks who perhaps stumble upon this, please sign up for this tournament as well as any other ones such as LC, NU and Doubles. We still see full bracket UU tournaments when they do it. Perhaps one of the very few things that keeping this game alive. If you care about this game, you would join in these community events. It has gotten to this point.

My ranting done and hopefully I'll get a more well presented thread when it's not 3 AM in my area.

Edited by Eldaust
5 hours ago, Eldaust said:

Only 2 likes and no comments with this post being up for the entire day. This game is dying much faster then I've ever expected. Can't really blame them with these awful prize pools honestly and these tournys just giving out these COMP shinies further devaluing them to the point of "nobody care" status. Shame you guys don't get access to tournament exclusive shinys like "Monochrome" Pokemon or something. Would of fixed that from the start. Giving out these shinies were a mistake to begin with and absolutely killed the casual scene. Then the money prize pool is a absolute bloody joke. Takes at least a good 300k~800k per Poke to make it even 5x25/5x31 making teams easily cost a good 3m~5m entry fee to even attempt to complete. 1m? In all out honesty too, the lower tiers should have a even more rewarding prize pool as well when compared to OU because the tiers simply ain't equal. Meta game is much more difficult to learn and get into due to less knowledge, less players and on top of all that, go out of your way to raise a team for such a minor, barely usable cost. Players need to be accommodated for going out of their way to learn a meta from scratch+raising a team for it. That would bring life to these lower tiers while making OU still playable. OU will always be the most popular tier regardless, most explorer tier and honesty, Smogon is still very usable for the current OU metagame (not to the exact though).

First of all sorry you feel that way. But unfortunately I can't do anything about your stance on official event prizes. 

Although I can roughly explain to you as why this are the prizepools for the tiers. I agree making a full comp team takes a lot of money. But the money isn't the only prize you get when you win. You get a shiny aswell.

Also this way you reward the good players with something exclusive while still keeping the somewhat newer players in the same reach of getting to first. Besides this game isn't all about PvP anymore. Balancing is also a big part why the events don't give out as much as you'd like. There are many ways to make money now. If tournaments would give out for example 5mil for first. Then people who are amazing at competitive would not use the other methods of making money. Which is bad game design. Which sort of was the case with the old officials. People could just sell their shinies they won and didnt have to grind. Thats why the gift pokemon were implemented.

Your argument about buffing the lower tiers is, no offense, pretty dumb in my opinion. Just because OU gets played more doesn't mean it's prizes should be less than UU or NU so they get played more. Thats what will kill a tier. People will realise OU doesnt give out as much money as UU and NU and will give up on OU. So i can confidently say that won't be happening.

In all honesty I think UU had some quite good tournaments in the past months.

Like these I hosted: 

We can't always give out the super amazing rare shinies. Since that would ruin them more than you'd think. I understand your frustration but please understand, us the staff, also got rules we need to follow.

Thanks for the feedback though.

6 hours ago, Eldaust said:

Will be showing up though as I love UU play and wish there was more of a demand for these lower tiers just for sport really. I'll probably be making a detail post soon about this soon or join a already continuing discussion. But this post really shows the state of things right now and it makes me rather disappointed. Some really simple steps can be taken to value these tournaments to already be higher and much more exciting overall.

Don't let me discourage other folks who perhaps stumble upon this, please sign up for this tournament as well as any other ones such as LC, NU and Doubles. We still see full bracket UU tournaments when they do it. Perhaps one of the very few things that keeping this game alive. If you care about this game, you would join in these community events. It has gotten to this point.

My ranting done and hopefully I'll get a more well presented thread when it's not 3 AM in my area.

chill beyonce

3 hours ago, TheChampionMike said:

Thanks for the feedback though.

I have to respectfully 100% disagree. But truth be told, I'll be making a thread later about the topic. I'm not going to get into it right here and now on this thread. I think you undervalue people's thirst for familiarity and overestimates people's work ethics. People are naturally going to be incredibly lazy when it comes to a game like this.

Edited by Eldaust
On 9/18/2017 at 2:38 PM, DiDi said:

@TheChampionMike is right. i didnt read his book that he calls a comment, but the mike in very good 

I suppose it's pretty easy to be a sheep. Thinking is bad for your health.

On 9/18/2017 at 1:16 PM, Toast said:

donphan is a solid prize tho atleast it isnt a tentacruel

Naturally but then the fact it comes IV'd trained (and well, even existing at all tbh) essentially ruins the casual ecom by not having to depend on the casual community to receive said shinies. Thus further dividing the community since casuals have a even more difficult time getting money to attempts to join COMP. Overtime this does ruin the ecom overall. Also, sort of ruins a lot of the fun with shiny Pokemon as a whole.

Asking for a special rarity just for tourny winnings is not a hard task at all. Recoloring sprites can be done easily in a day and people would actually spend more hard earn time earning these exclusive Pokemon.

Edited by Eldaust
15 hours ago, Eldaust said:

I suppose it's pretty easy to be a sheep. Thinking is bad for your health.

Naturally but then the fact it comes IV'd trained (and well, even existing at all tbh) essentially ruins the casual ecom by not having to depend on the casual community to receive said shinies. Thus further dividing the community since casuals have a even more difficult time getting money to attempts to join COMP. Overtime this does ruin the ecom overall. Also, sort of ruins a lot of the fun with shiny Pokemon as a whole.

Asking for a special rarity just for tourny winnings is not a hard task at all. Recoloring sprites can be done easily in a day and people would actually spend more hard earn time earning these exclusive Pokemon.

I suppose it's equally as easy bashing prizes that you have no shot at winning, but that's none of my business

• Mike locked this topic