Ranks

IDKPRO

Question

Like Mods, maybe a rank can be added in front of the name. The rank may be counted by experience :

defeating a pokemon gives 5

Winning a npc battle gives 25

Capturing a pokemon gives 10

To God knows where.. 

Thus, people can straight away tell from rank u are an experienced professional player or just started. 

13 answers to this question

I like the idea of "levels" or raw experience show-off in PokeMMO but i think doing it in a form of tags is not the best idea. I think it should still be avaliable for ppl to check yours without your knowledge but in more subtle manner.

13 hours ago, Startear said:

We have " Time played " on Trainer Card .

Yeah but some ppl like to just sit on AFK so most of this time they are not even playing(like me :D). The question is what kind of activities we would accept as experience, for example is browsing/flipping/buying/selling on GTL treat as playing the game or not? Because it makes you better and more knowledgeable in a part of the game

3 hours ago, Toupi said:

I like the idea of "levels" or raw experience show-off in PokeMMO but i think doing it in a form of tags is not the best idea. I think it should still be avaliable for ppl to check yours without your knowledge but in more subtle manner.

Yeah but some ppl like to just sit on AFK so most of this time they are not even playing(like me :D). The question is what kind of activities we would accept as experience, for example is browsing/flipping/buying/selling on GTL treat as playing the game or not? Because it makes you better and more knowledgeable in a part of the game

In this kind of game, experience, or even levels would only label someone as a active person who is actively playing and grinding PVE. So yeah, it really doens't contribute for anything. Flipping GTL is playing the game, just not PVE or PVP, let's call it the grey area. PVP wise ''rank'' already shows your knowledge, and tournaments aswell.

On 15/9/2017 at 9:07 AM, IDKPRO said:

Like Mods, maybe a rank can be added in front of the name. The rank may be counted by experience :

defeating a pokemon gives 5

Winning a npc battle gives 25

Capturing a pokemon gives 10

To God knows where.. 

Thus, people can straight away tell from rank u are an experienced professional player or just started. 

capturing pokemons, winning to npc or defeating wild pokemons dont make you an experienced professional player. Moderators has included that thing on its name to let people know that they can help them with game information/rules etc. If you want to be recognized just breed pokemons, practise pvp and win some tournaments :)

Edited by soyhector
On 9/15/2017 at 4:32 PM, Startear said:

We have " Time played " on Trainer Card .

Although there is a time played but no one but the player can see it. 

On 9/15/2017 at 11:40 AM, Raederz said:

Staff tags are here to be easily noticeable. If you give tags to everybody, it doesnt make sense anymore :/

They can give staff bright colours while ours are grey or black. Or staff can have a special cosmetic that is bright to get them noticeable. 

5 minutes ago, DiDi said:

i think this is a pretty misleading concept. just because one grinds all day doesnt make them any better than another player, and just because a player spends all their time doing nothing doesnt make them any worse than another player. 

In average it's true imo, but you cant tell someone is worse cuz he afk often ofc

I honestly really like that there aren't ranks or levels.It adds sense of "reality" to where if Pokemon actually did exist, I wouldn't know how good you actually were until I've already heard by word of mouth how good you were, or battled you and you proved yourself or showed off your badges. It's more personal to not know those things, because new and veteran players would be much less likely to have anything to do with one-another since they wouldn't battle or work together if they can just easily see a strength difference. It would eliminate the "friend" aspect. Ranks and Levels dehumanizes the experience, in my opinion.

Being blown away by someone's skills? You can't replace that with a number. You feel it first hand.

However that being said, I love the idea of having a physical/visual proof of your achievements. Something that can be admired. These could be seen on trainer cards or on worn rare items that aren't exchangeable. Maybe a hat pin or a really neat bike/motorcycle.