I have a dream...

• You wont have to think about a fitting moveset to run metapod, since it only knows 4 moves.

That's why i hate everything starting with meta.

Caterpie can learn snore. So 'Pod becomes a great counter to sleep status. Also, a high speed is needed to attack first and then flinch.

3y3mtof3.jpg

Since you told me to screen it you probably dont mind if i post it here @TheChampionMike

But yeah, there we go guys, we got it confirmed. If we can manage to get the Pod into OU / BL we will have an official with a shiny Pod as reward.

So what do we have to do now:

If we really wanna make it happen we gotta spread the idea. We gotta reach spanish and french people as well. I got told that there is someone, who might be willing to do the spanish translations, so we "only" need someone doing the french translations. If nobody wants to do that, i wouldnt mind if you just told your french friends, who might struggle with english ofc. Obviously there is more nationalities in the game and i dont want to discriminate against anybody, but i think going for those two will benefit our cause the most. If you want to translate it into other languages however, feel free to do so.

To get Pod to where we want it to be we will need the magical 5% Pod usage, which is about the same usage zangoose has in OU right now, so it should be doable considering you dont see goose that often. We wont make it as a small group though, so i´d  perceive the whole thing as somewhat of a community quest.

So if you think getting the metapod official rolling would be a cool idea ; if you always wanted to troll the TC ; if you crave for those intense metapod 1v1s on OU or just like the idea of going for something as a community, feel free to spread the word and / or to use your own metapod in a few matchmade games here and there. Thanks and let´s do this!

Edited by DrButler
18 minutes ago, Ichigo said:

You made the poster yourself?

If you click the english graphic info it says its from deviantart and made by a user named spangleshanks, dont know why it doesnt say so in the spanish one tho. So nope, didnt do it myself and the credits go to spangleshanks.

Edited by DrButler
On 14/9/2017 at 4:42 AM, DrButler said:

English version:

Reveal hidden contents

...that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all pokemon are created equal."

I have a dream that one day even the forest of viridian, a forest sweltering with the heat of discrimination, sweltering with the heat of ignorance, will be transformed into an oasis of equality and appreciation.

I have a dream that my pokemon will one day live in a usage environment where they will not be judged by their movesets, but by the content of their character and their charisma.

I have a dream today! ~

011_metapod_by_spangleshanks-d68x73d.jpg

That or something along those lines must have been the thoughts of the brave young warrior @SteveDerBaum when he took his metapod to an OU-match yesterday and left the arena victorious. Sometimes it just takes an idea to change the world, sometimes all it needs is a spark to rouse a trainer to passion and thats why i am here today. So lets take some time to talk about pod.

A short introduction of "Pod" :

..."What sort of being is Pod? Bigger than we can ever imagine! If it created the universe, then it is bigger than the universe itself – and is not bound by time, space or energy, for it existed before time, space, matter and energy did."...

..."By the capitalized word “Pod,” we mean the Pod described in the holy Bible: a graceful and almighty spiritual being who watches over us, who created all things, who cares about us, who cares about what we do, who is involved in our lives, and who offers us perpetuality with his goodness. Mankind  can´t understand Pod in totality yet, but we have been given a solid beginning point for understanding who Pod is and what Pod is doing in our lives. "...

But people have started to forsaken Pod. When they were introduced to usage statistics and an OU environment created by disbelievers - disciples of blissey -  they forgot about the greatness and gracefulness of Pod. Altough it always had an eye on us sitting in veridian forest offering easy experience in the early game of story mode and even fought the most exciting fight known in anime history , we gave up on Pod. But here is what i say:

Brothers, sisters and whatever genders there are;  let go of the teachings of blissey, turn your backs on the church of the pink blob and embrace Pod. We all were sinners, you and i, but we shall pray for forgiveness, atone for our sins and absorb Pods eternal love in our hearts once again. Halleluja!

Why "Pod" ?

The facts that Pod created the universe and nourishes our hearts with love should be enough to justify people using it in OU again, but since we forgot about Pod it is only natural to lack knowledge of its greatness these days. So here´s some practical advice on why to use metapod:

• You wont have to think about a fitting moveset to run metapod, since it only knows 4 moves.
  • A comp metapod costs you 200$, since its viability doesnt rely on IVs or EVs.
  • The incredible hulk was based on metapod, but governments didnt want you to know about metapod, so they created a conspiracy about how "hulk was released in comics way earlier than mankind knew about metapod"   ~ HA! nice try, Blissey
  • Metapod was the only green bug pokemon who learned harden in Gen1.
  • Do you really think the name Meta -Pod is a coincidence ?!
  • You will rarely find pokemon, which are as versatile as Pod, as shown below.

happy metapod:

Reveal hidden contents

180?cb=20150920125026

angry metapod:

Reveal hidden contents

180?cb=20150920125026

ninja metapod:

Reveal hidden contents

So lets assist our fellow pokemontrainer Steve on his quest to get this beauty of a creation into the OU usage by running a metapod in your team when you queue up for matchmaking the next time. Lets prove the almighty Pods love did not fail us and that as a community we are strong enough to make it happen; that love and teamwork beat the urge to run six of blisseys henchmen. Join the exclusive Pod - club today and make metapod great again, because

eff.jpg

Spread the word and lets get metapod into the ou usage chart, while we are waiting for the update. As a community we can make it happen!

Spanish version:

Reveal hidden contents

...Que un día esta comunidad se elevará y vivirá en base al verdadero significado de su credo: "Sostenemos que estas verdades son evidentes por sí mismas, que todos los pokemon son creados iguales."

Tengo un sueño de que un día el bosque de ciudad verde, un bosque sofocante con el calor de la discriminación, sofocante con el calor de la ignorancia, será transformado a un oasis de igualdad y apreciación.

Tengo un sueño de que un día mis pokemon vivirán en un ambiente de uso en el que no serán juzgados por sus movesets, sino por el contenido de su carácter y su carisma.

Hoy tengo un sueño! ~

NBctfWs.jpg

Eso, o algo dentro de esas lineas debió haber estado en los pensamientos del valiente joven guerrero @SteveDerBaum cuando ayer llevó a su metapod a una batalla OU y salió de la arena victorioso. A veces solo se necesita de una idea para cambiar al mundo, a veces todo lo que se necesita es una chispa para despertar la pasión de un entrenador y esa es la razón por la que estoy aquí hoy. Así que tomemos algo de tiempo para hablar sobre pod.

Una pequeña introducción de "Pod":

..."Qué clase de ser es Pod? Mas grande de lo que jamás podríamos imaginar! Si creó el universo, entonces es mas grande que el propio universo– y no está atado por el tiempo, espacio o energía, ya que existía antes que el tiempo, espacio, materia y energía lo hicieran."...

..."Por la palabra con mayúscula "Pod,” nos referímos al Pod descrito en la santa Biblia: un ser espiritual omnipotente lleno de gracia que nos vigila, que creó todas las cosas, que se preocupa por nosotros, que se preocupa por lo que hacemos, que está involucrado en nuestras vidas, y que nos ofrece perpetuidad con su bondad. La humanidad aún no puede comprender a Pod en su totalidad, pero nos han dado un punto de partida sólido para comprender quien es Pod y qué es lo que Pod está haciendo en nuestras vidas. "...

Pero la gente ha comenzado a abandonar a Pod. Cuando se le introducieron las estadísticas de uso y un ambiente OU creado por los no creyentes - discípulos de blissey -  ellos olvidaron la grandeza y la gracia de Pod. A pesar de que siempre ha mantenido un ojo sobre nosotros sentado en el bosque verde ofreciendo una experiencia fácil al principio del modo historia del juego e incluso Peleó la pelea mas emocionante conocida en la historia del anime , nos rendimos con Pod. Pero he aquí lo que yo digo:

Hermanos, hermanas y cualquier géneros que hayan; Dejen las enseñanzas de blissey, denle la espalda a la iglesia de la bola rosada y abracen a Pod, Todos fuimos pecadores, tu y yo, pero debemos rezar por su perdón, expiemos nuestros pecados y absorbamos el amor eterno de Pod in nuestros corazones una vez mas. Aleluya!

Por qué "Pod" ?

Los hechos de que Pod creó el universo y nutre nuestros corazones con amor debería ser suficiente para justificar a las personas usándolo en OU otra vez, pero como olvidamos a Pod en estos tiempos lo natural es carecer de conocimiento sobre su grandeza. Por eso aquí hay algunos consejos sobre por que usar a metapod:

• No tendrás que pensar en un moveset adecuado para usar a metapod, ya que solo conoce 4 movimientos.
  • Un metapod competitivo te costaría 200$, ya que su viabilidad no se basa en sus IVs o EVs.
  • El increíble hulk fué basado en metapod, pero el gobierno no quería que supieras sobre metapod, así que crearon una conspiración sobre como "hulk fué lanzado en los comics mucho antes de que la humanidad supiera sobre metapod"   ~ HA! buen intento, Blissey
  • Metapod fué el unico pokemon bicho verde que aprendía Harden(Fortaleza) en la primera generación.
  • De verdad crees que el nombre Meta -Pod es una coincidencia ?!
  • Rara vez conseguirás un pokemon, que sea tan versátil como Pod, como se muestra abajo.

metapod feliz:

Reveal hidden contents

180?cb=20150920125026

metapod enojado:

Reveal hidden contents

180?cb=20150920125026

metapod ninja:

Reveal hidden contents

Así que asistamos a nuestro compañero entrenador Steve en su búsqueda de llevar esta hermosura de la creación al OU usando a metapod en tu equipo cuando entres a la cola en el busca duelo la próxima vez. Probemos que el amor del todopoderoso Pod nos falló y que somos lo suficientemente fuertes como comunidad para hacer que suceda; que el amor y el trabajo en equipo vencen el impulso de llevar 6 blissey secuaces. Únete al exclusivo club-Pod hoy y haz a metapod grande una vez mas, porque

ehR4NfA.jpg

Corre la voz y hagamos que metapod entre a la carta de uso OU, mientras esperamos la actualización. Como una comunidad podemos hacer que pase!

thx to @SodaNaranja for the spanish translation. appreciate the work you put into it.

@Zehkar