Available on Twitch for streaming

Garendale

I would appreciate it if yall could add this game to https://www.giantbomb.com/    That is how twitch gets there games from. That way when you stream the game, it has a place and purpose. This can only support the game and allow us twitch streamers to bring in viewers. Its a win-win. I would do it myself but it requires an image 600px x 800px and must be a .jpg / I personnaly like the gray and white pokeball yall use. 

Right now if you go on twitch and type up PokeMMO or anything like it, nothing comes up. please fix this for us streamers

This is  from the twitch "add a game to directory page" - We add games to our directory based on their inclusion in Giantbomb.com. Giantbomb is a user-run community wiki that specializes in video game content. We sync with the Giantbomb database on a regular basis to add the latest game entries to our directory. Any user can add a game to that database along with box art and details. After the Giantbomb staff approves, the game details can then be added to our directory.

Edited by Garendale

honestly dont think it will ever happen.... dont want nintendo to be uguus and shut this game down do ya, they have been on a war path lately and taking down a bunch of fan made games.

The less that nintendo can find, the longer this game stays around.

Edited by whodafispaul
27 minutes ago, whodafispaul said:

honestly dont think it will ever happen.... dont want nintendo to be uguus and shut this game down do ya, they have been on a war path lately and taking down a bunch of fan made games.

Nintendo most likely know about this game, do you think they really dont know? 

If this game ever gets way to popular nintendo will shut it down due to copyrights from Game Freaks and Nintendo. Also why would there need to be a tab for this game, when it has like 50 players online not afk at a time currently? Maybe is it was a bigger game or something who was in the flavor of the month, like PUBG, which obviously has a tab.

1 hour ago, whodafispaul said:

I thought Nintendo only shut down fan games that create new regions, pokemons and story lines.

Also, we need official roms to play this game, i'm not sure there is rom hacking.

On 9/14/2017 at 12:46 PM, lebub said:

I thought Nintendo only shut down fan games that create new regions, pokemons and story lines.

Also, we need official roms to play this game, i'm not sure there is rom hacking.

they also shut down anything that adds something they didnt,the goldeneye fan remake was canceled cause they added online and nintendo didnt like that. and yes you use offical roms but "did you make those roms from cartrages you own and can you proove itor did they come from the inthernet" is always their first question if you cant prove that then you can get in trouble so anyway you look at it something could go wrong if your not careful.

On 9/14/2017 at 11:56 AM, redspawn said:

Nintendo most likely know about this game, do you think they really dont know? 

If this game ever gets way to popular nintendo will shut it down due to copyrights from Game Freaks and Nintendo. Also why would there need to be a tab for this game, when it has like 50 players online not afk at a time currently? Maybe is it was a bigger game or something who was in the flavor of the month, like PUBG, which obviously has a tab.

oh i can almost guarentee your right about them knowing but like you said theres not enough of a playerbase that is active constantly,thats why its still around and if enough people catch wind of this game and there is more of a hype than when it first started then it might means bad news(trust me it almost happened once)

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to say in regards to ppls opinions about Nintendo & the legality of this game, etc etc 

Nintendo definitely knows this game exists, game has existed for 5, almost 6 years. If this game truly violated any time of national (pending on country) or international copyright laws, a notice would have been issued for the developers to shut down or face legal prosecution ;o what prevents this from happening is the fact that the games have been changed enough by the developers that they are technically "original concepts" & thus are not considered copyright infringement, it is similar to why so many YouTube videos containing "copyrighted material" still exist, because small things about said songs or videos are tweaked such as the audio or the colour, plus you can tweak, share or use anything you like that belongs to another person so long as you are not capitalizing on the product (aka making money, specifically profit) as far as public eye is concerned Pokémmo is nonprofit & the only money it "makes" is from user donations & they do not ask for donations only encourage users to by offering "free" incentives such as reward points or better shiny rate!

At the most, it is the user base that is truly at risk for legal action! Unless you can prove you own a copy of Firered, & that your ROM is not illegal downloaded, but instead extracted from YOUR purchased copy, then as a player you can be at risk of legal action, assuming Nintendo will take the time & resources to track down every person that downloads one (why they are just shutting down places that offer the downloads) but things such as the game's source code is public information & is free to be tweaked or built from so long as, again, nothing is being capitalized on ^~^;

just sayin' ~

On 9/30/2017 at 5:06 PM, RealLifeAngel said:

I just want to say in regards to ppls opinions about Nintendo & the legality of this game, etc etc 

Nintendo definitely knows this game exists, game has existed for 5, almost 6 years. If this game truly violated any time of national (pending on country) or international copyright laws, a notice would have been issued for the developers to shut down or face legal prosecution ;o what prevents this from happening is the fact that the games have been changed enough by the developers that they are technically "original concepts" & thus are not considered copyright infringement, it is similar to why so many YouTube videos containing "copyrighted material" still exist, because small things about said songs or videos are tweaked such as the audio or the colour, plus you can tweak, share or use anything you like that belongs to another person so long as you are not capitalizing on the product (aka making money, specifically profit) as far as public eye is concerned Pokémmo is nonprofit & the only money it "makes" is from user donations & they do not ask for donations only encourage users to by offering "free" incentives such as reward points or better shiny rate!

At the most, it is the user base that is truly at risk for legal action! Unless you can prove you own a copy of Firered, & that your ROM is not illegal downloaded, but instead extracted from YOUR purchased copy, then as a player you can be at risk of legal action, assuming Nintendo will take the time & resources to track down every person that downloads one (why they are just shutting down places that offer the downloads) but things such as the game's source code is public information & is free to be tweaked or built from so long as, again, nothing is being capitalized on ^~^;

just sayin' ~

The first paragraph is pretty much false, otherwise the custom rom hacks or fan-based games could not be shut down which they can get shut down. What it really leads down into is where the servers/owner is hosted (in the case of PokeMMO). Some countries do not follow the copyright laws from the U.S. or even Japan and will ignore any C&Ds. At any point Gamefreak/Nintendo can come in and shut the game down if they so desired if the owner/servers are hosted in a region where they can be shut down or do follow copyright laws it is another story entirely. Also the game utilizes Gamefreak/Nintendo's intellectual properties where Nintendo and Gamefreak can legally take action to protect their IPs otherwise their IPs can fall into Public Domain if they fail to protect it.

There is also a difference with PokeMMO and "Fair Use" which only allows you to criticize, comment upon, or parody. Where none of the 3 things listed is involved with PokeMMO. 

Edited by Kite
  • Zehkar locked this topic