A Matter of Concern...

DoubleJ

12 minutes ago, redspawn said:

One thing is to make videos, you can either make that as an hobby in which you are free to take the time like you mention, or you can have a more professional approach(relating to pokemmo), and be able to figure quickly what you need to cut etc, plus you have a good computer to actually do it professionally, usually video editing is done on Macs, don't ask me why, not much into it, I'd guessi s due to how much resources programs like MayaCad, AutoCad, Photoshop, Living Studio etc needs in order to be used in a professional environment. But overall no, you can compare, but in the end, it's not the same. I developed, not games, only did that as a hobby and never got any kind of cash or anything for them, classic games like asteroid 2D. But programming wise, is a lot more time demanding than video editing, and when I say a lot, I mean, while you in 1 day make a video, it takes a lot more days to make a simple but efficient and good program. This being said, they had a lot of time, don't bullshit me on that please, I've been part of big projects aswell and I'm well aware of what it takes, not only that, but to learn a language from scratch as I had no idea what Perl even was, not bragging or anything, you can learn a language, and work with it, anyone, and I really mean it, can and should learn to program, you'll understand how some simple tasks can either be simplified, or are actually more complex than you tought. Back to the subject, Kyu said he does this pretty much as a part-time or a hobby as of now, and I can relate to it, everyone has real life, and it will always come first, but he should organize a team of more individuals so that he could organize stuff more, take some weight of his shoulders(and the current team, I'm refering to Kyu, as team Kyu, speaking to the entire team), and get it done smoothly and more professionally. Heck they could make some snipets of it open source for us to try to help them, like they go ahead and give us in GitHub a snipet of the code they are having problems with so that we, voluntarely(sorry I just butchered that word), help them. Like more brains = more progress, and hell, some projects are really really interesting to take part of.

A good example, taking of Runescape like @Gilan  mentioned, would be RuneLite, you can find it on GitHub, open source client, sadly it was closed as the mods shut it down, but it was really fun being part of that community.

Just like with you not knowing much about video making, I do not know much about program development. I was kind of flirting with the idea of programming, but my interest kind of died down on that. All I know is that Java is what PokeMMO is running off of. With that being said, I did learn that you have to be extremely careful of who you trust because one person can put his/her cookie in the program, so he/she can take control of that one aspect. Say I helped the devs solve a programming problem, but I want an upper edge over the playerbase, so I would plant a cookie or two in the game's source code so that I can know some secrets that normal players would have no idea about. You have to be careful about who you trust on the internet, I only had 2 people on PokeMMO ever TeamViewer me. I am scared of the cookies that strangers bring with them. Lets say the devs do take your advice and put in a recommendation:

PokeMMO Dev Team: "We are having some problems with uploading this city."

Nefarious PokeMMO player: "Sure, I can help solve your problems muahhahahahahah....."

PokeMMO Dev Team: "Thank you so much for helping us!"

----- Update Arrives ---------

Nefarious PokeMMO player: "Oh look, level 100 Mewtwos in this grassy field for me ONLY Muahahhahah!!!"

You have to be sure that you have a small team so you can watch over them to be sure they don't give themselves unfair advantages. With that being said, I disagree with your suggestion.

Just now, redspawn said:

not doubting anything, also beating npcs countless times is not the same thing as players, but first you're contradicting yourself already. When we say 2x31 3x25+, we mean main stats, so yeah ofc you can't compare that, but test me a starmie with 25 def, vs a starmie with 31 def, 0 evs invested, and tell me the difference in your calcs please.

31 IV DEF Starmie vs 31 ATTK Metagross:

252+ Atk Life Orb Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 222 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 144-170 (88.3 - 104.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (144, 146, 146, 148, 150, 152, 154, 156, 158, 158, 160, 162, 164, 166, 168, 170)

25 IV DEF Starmie vs 31 ATTK Metagross:

252+ Atk Life Orb Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 222 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 148-176 (90.7 - 107.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (148, 150, 152, 154, 156, 158, 160, 160, 162, 164, 166, 168, 170, 172, 174, 176)

4 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

Just like with you not knowing much about video making, I do not know much about program development. I was kind of flirting with the idea of programming, but my interest kind of died down on that. All I know is that Java is what PokeMMO is running off of. With that being said, I did learn that you have to be extremely careful of who you trust because one person can put his/her cookie in the program, so he/she can take control of that one aspect. Say I helped the devs solve a programming problem, but I want an upper edge over the playerbase, so I would plant a cookie or two in the game's source code so that I can know some secrets that normal players would have no idea about. You have to be careful about who you trust on the internet, I only had 2 people on PokeMMO ever TeamViewer me. I am scared of the cookies that strangers bring with them. Lets say the devs do take your advice and put in a recommendation:

PokeMMO Dev Team: "We are having some problems with uploading this city."

Nefarious PokeMMO player: "Sure, I can help solve your problems muahhahahahahah....."

PokeMMO Dev Team: "Thank you so much for helping us!"

----- Update Arrives ---------

Nefarious PokeMMO player: "Oh look, level 100 Mewtwos in this grassy field for me ONLY Muahahhahah!!!"

You have to be sure that you have a small team so you can watch over them to be sure they don't give themselves unfair advantages. With that being said, I disagree with your suggestion.

it's not thaaat easy, and java is pretty open source by itself, cookies etc, require a ton of code to get them working smoothly and unoticeable, so if the code is open source, and you submit a new code entry to their problem, they'd most likely find that either way, unless they really don't know what they're doing. You can watch a open source project man, so many of them are being used in jobs, like OTRS, OpenProject, did you know Linux is open source aswell? Those are things that are just myths, there are people with bad intents everywhere, you just have to be the better man and filter trough them to find the worth ones to trust. Same applies to your submissions in GitHub. Teamviewer is safe as long as you do this: 1) Don't be in an admin account when you do it. 2) Don't take your eyes of your screen for a single second.

8 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

31 IV DEF Starmie vs 31 ATTK Metagross:

252+ Atk Life Orb Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 222 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 144-170 (88.3 - 104.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (144, 146, 146, 148, 150, 152, 154, 156, 158, 158, 160, 162, 164, 166, 168, 170)

25 IV DEF Starmie vs 31 ATTK Metagross:

252+ Atk Life Orb Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 222 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 148-176 (90.7 - 107.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (148, 150, 152, 154, 156, 158, 160, 160, 162, 164, 166, 168, 170, 172, 174, 176)

so you boosted hp up to proof a point, but you do understand hp is directly connected to defenses right? lol do that without the 222 hp ev and we'll see how it goes, because well, either way if you invest 222 into hp on a starmie, you're a dead starmie turn 2, or you dont deal damage to kill a meta not even in 3 to 5 turns.

Find me a valid match in which you show me a secondary stat IV 25, and the same as IV 31, without anything to boost it, being it booster skills, abilities, screens, and hp ev 0, def ev 0.

Edited by redspawn
3 minutes ago, redspawn said:

it's not thaaat easy, and java is pretty open source by itself, cookies etc, require a ton of code to get them working smoothly and unoticeable, so if the code is open source, and you submit a new code entry to their problem, they'd most likely find that either way, unless they really don't know what they're doing. You can watch a open source project man, so many of them are being used in jobs, like OTRS, OpenProject, did you know Linux is open source aswell? Those are things that are just myths, there are people with bad intents everywhere, you just have to be the better man and filter trough them to find the worth ones to trust. Same applies to your submissions in GitHub. Teamviewer is safe as long as you do this: 1) Don't be in an admin account when you do it. 2) Don't take your eyes of your screen for a single second.

It would be better if PokeMMO did not take the risk entirely. I want to go to something I am actually interested in, Financial Management particularly, the market. If you don't know a term, please ask what they are, but here is how I translate it:

"PokeMMO wants to invest in Treasury Bonds (little to no risk involved) and your advocating for them to invest in Options. PokeMMO does not want to invest in Options, but you as a player want PokeMMO to as businessman Donald Trump would put it: 'Go Big or Go Home!' PokeMMO does not want to risk its existence against one or two rotten apples. PokeMMO could do that back when they were smaller, but it is impossible to do it now. PokeMMO's Risk Tolerance is low because of the amount of players on the line."

Okay, translation done, now I have a question for you. What happens if the guy is extremely intelligent, I mean wickedly smart and plants some cookies in the hidden code? I interviewed a computer security analyst from the Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas. He told me that, "your like the patch up crew, you have to protect against the malicious programs once they already attacked and a little bit of penetration testing is necessary once you make the patch." Hackers come up with new viruses that can attack things in new ways and security analysts are limited in their capabilities.

With that being said, the developers can look and the malicious software can be hidden in plain sight.

2 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

It would be better if PokeMMO did not take the risk entirely. I want to go to something I am actually interested in, Financial Management particularly, the market. If you don't know a term, please ask what they are, but here is how I translate it:

"PokeMMO wants to invest in Treasury Bonds (little to no risk involved) and your advocating for them to invest in Options. PokeMMO does not want to invest in Options, but you as a player want PokeMMO to as businessman Donald Trump would put it: 'Go Big or Go Home!' PokeMMO does not want to risk its existence against one or two rotten apples. PokeMMO could do that back when they were smaller, but it is impossible to do it now. PokeMMO's Risk Tolerance is low because of the amount of players on the line."

Okay, translation done, now I have a question for you. What happens if the guy is extremely intelligent, I mean wickedly smart and plants some cookies in the hidden code? I interviewed a computer security analyst from the Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, Arkansas. He told me that, "your like the patch up crew, you have to protect against the malicious programs once they already attacked and a little bit of penetration testing is necessary once you make the patch." Hackers come up with new viruses that can attack things in new ways and security analysts are limited in their capabilities.

With that being said, the developers can look and the malicious software can be hidden in plain sight.

Dude I'm more than happy to teach, learn some coding you'll notice that is not as easy as it sounds, ''hacking'' is actually f*cking insane, there was a really good show like last year or two years ago about it, and a good thing to watch is TED and TEDx, idk if you ever saw, really interesting, a good one is

This is mostly hardware related I believe in this one, but it gets the message across. What I mean is, either way you wouldn't be getting the base code, just a snipet, in where the problem is, they then test it out and check if your solution is the solution they need, is actually really good and really fun to build a community like that. 

Tesla, a really strong company right now, gave us the complete Hyper Loop project blueprints for example, Hackathons exist and are one of the things I enjoy participating the most atm, is really fun to brainstorm with other people, and share ideas and projects, here's a interesting link https://www.tesla.com/pt_PT/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you . So to conclude, making some snipets opensource is not horrible and would in general probably make some people, even kids(cause is pokemon you know, kids is the main target), interesting in programming and learning it.  Sorry if this made no sense, 4 am, and I'm pretty much sleep walking at this point.

5 minutes ago, redspawn said:

so you boosted hp up to proof a point, but you do understand hp is directly connected to defenses right? lol do that without the 222 hp ev and we'll see how it goes, because well, either way if you invest 222 into hp on a starmie, you're a dead starmie turn 2, or you dont deal damage to kill a meta not even in 3 to 5 turns.

I don't think you understand the point Nik is trying to make, no matter the situation a perfect competitive Pokemon will always have the edge over non perfect ones. There are a plethora of situations where a perfect Pokemon will win you the match, this even goes beyond 2 and ohko's, say you are on low hp and it comes down to a roll, whereas if you had a perfect Pokemon you would always live. 
Also hp is not directly connected to defense, here is an example:

252+ Atk Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 112-132 (67 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Starmie: 86-102 (63.7 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is usually never has an impact on most teambuilds as hp is usually much better to fully invest (or to optimal leftovers recovery) into as it covers both physical and special attacks but this is just to further your understanding on how stats work.

Here's another example where a 25iv could lose you the game:

252+ Atk Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 136-162 (87.7 - 104.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 142-168 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Changing a 25% chance to 50% is huge, having a 1 in 4 chance to win is vastly superior to a 1 in 2 chance to win.

1 minute ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

I don't think you understand the point Nik is trying to make, no matter the situation a perfect competitive Pokemon will always have the edge over non perfect ones. There are a plethora of situations where a perfect Pokemon will win you the match, this even goes beyond 2 and ohko's, say you are on low hp and it comes down to a roll, whereas if you had a perfect Pokemon you would always live.

That much is obvious, but this doesn't make them unviable.

They're far more viable than not.

These cases are mostly outliers.

Just now, redspawn said:

Find me a valid match in which you show me a secondary stat IV 25, and the same as IV 31, without anything to boost it, being it booster skills, abilities, screens, and hp ev 0, def ev 0.

I put 222 HP EVs onto Starmie because I invested 36 speed evs to outspeed adamant Flygon and 252 spak evs in attack. HP evs are more connected with defense but they are not the only factor that is taken into account when assessing damage.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:DamageCalc.png

Your iv determines your stat. 

It's a spread I like to call as an offensive spinner because it gives you the bulk to live hits from defensive mons and at the same time apply pressure to those same pokes. There is more to a pokemon than just being a wall / sweeper / mixed attacker and there's more to a spread than 252 attk (spa) / 252 speed or 252 hp / 252 def (spde). I didn't boost up HP just to prove a point. 

But hey if you want to still be so adamant, watch Absol Qualifier #4 in my game vs Yubell where my Vaporeon (at 100% hp) lived a Manectric Tbolt with 1% hp remaining. 

31 HP / SDEF VAPO

252 SpA Life Orb Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 192-228 (93.6 - 111.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (198, 200, 200, 204, 206, 210, 210, 212, 216, 218, 222, 222, 224, 228, 230, 234)

25 HP / SDEF VAPO

252 SpA Life Orb Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 198-234 (98 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Possible damage amounts: (192, 194, 198, 198, 200, 204, 206, 206, 210, 212, 216, 216, 218, 222, 224, 228)

Yubell basically low rolled.

Now go ahead and show me a game where one of your sweepers fainted and it's not because of inferior IVs. You need to show it to me or else I can't believe you. 

4 minutes ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

Also hp is not directly connected to defense, here is an example:

252+ Atk Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 112-132 (67 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Starmie: 86-102 (63.7 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is usually never has an impact on most teambuilds as hp is usually much better to fully invest (or to optimal leftovers recovery) into as it covers both physical and special attacks but this is just to further your understanding on how stats work.

Here's another example where a 25iv could lose you the game:

252+ Atk Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 136-162 (87.7 - 104.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl: 142-168 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Changing a 25% chance to 50% is huge, having a 1 in 4 chance to win is vastly superior to a 1 in 2 chance to win.

But then again, not knowing which iv you're testing as 25 in the last case, it doens't validate, because if you're testing 25 atk IV vs 31 atk IV, that is a main stat, just like speed is in a physical sweeper, the 2 main stats, aka those you always want 31, sub stats, hp/def/sp.def are the ones I'm refering to, and the same ones Riga showed proof, and that many others use and do. They are better, nobody telling the opposite, just not justified to go the extra step for a random chance of it surviving, which usually is not on your side. 

1 minute ago, NikhilR said:

I put 222 HP EVs onto Starmie because I invested 36 speed evs to outspeed adamant Flygon and 252 spak evs in attack. HP evs are more connected with defense but they are not the only factor that is taken into account when assessing damage.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:DamageCalc.png

Your iv determines your stat. 

It's a spread I like to call as an offensive spinner because it gives you the bulk to live hits from defensive mons and at the same time apply pressure to those same pokes. There is more to a pokemon than just being a wall / sweeper / mixed attacker and there's more to a spread than 252 attk (spa) / 252 speed or 252 hp / 252 def (spde). I didn't boost up HP just to prove a point. 

But hey if you want to still be so adamant, watch Absol Qualifier #4 in my game vs Yubell where my Vaporeon (at 100% hp) lived a Manectric Tbolt with 1% hp remaining. 

31 HP / SDEF VAPO

252 SpA Life Orb Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 192-228 (93.6 - 111.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (198, 200, 200, 204, 206, 210, 210, 212, 216, 218, 222, 222, 224, 228, 230, 234)

25 HP / SDEF VAPO

252 SpA Life Orb Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 198-234 (98 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Possible damage amounts: (192, 194, 198, 198, 200, 204, 206, 206, 210, 212, 216, 216, 218, 222, 224, 228)

Yubell basically low rolled.

Now go ahead and show me a game where one of your sweepers fainted and it's not because of inferior IVs. You need to show it to me or else I can't believe you. 

then agan you are testing main stats instead of substats.

Just now, NikhilR said:

Jesus fucking christ. Watch the match. It's a sweeper vaporeon, so it needs 31 spak / speed. 

but what does the match have to do with anything? Your calcs literally proofed my point. You could have survived with that same 1% hp on 25. What is the big deal there? ACtually you could have survived with 2%. Pokemon sadly is a RNG game, and is not 1 or 2 IVs that are gonna change that. For god sake open your eyes man.

Just now, redspawn said:

but what does the match have to do with anything? Your calcs literally proofed my point. You could have survived with that same 1% hp on 25. What is the big deal there? ACtually you could have survived with 2%. Pokemon sadly is a RNG game, and is not 1 or 2 IVs that are gonna change that. For god sake open your eyes man.

You don't seem to get that the higher IVs give a better fucking chance of living the hit.

Just now, redspawn said:

Because it's an RNG game you want to maximize your odds of survival. Now go ahead and show me a game where one of your sweepers fainted and it's not because of inferior IVs. You need to show it to me or else I can't believe you. 

Just now, notmudkip0 said:

You don't seem to get that the higher IVs give a better fucking chance of living the hit.

Yeah, but is still a chance isnt it? And most likely you'll die either way don't you? Don't you fucking see the fucking chance is still there? And both odds are against him? Nvm I even touched this subject, enjoy your 5x31s lmao, hopefully one day you're a more skilled player thanks to them.

Just now, NikhilR said:

Because it's an RNG game you want to maximize your odds of survival. Now go ahead and show me a game where one of your sweepers fainted and it's not because of inferior IVs. You need to show it to me or else I can't believe you. 

but I'm pretty sure if they die, they'd die either way. Let's agree to disagree since this isn't going anywhere. I'll see you in the ladder one of this days and we get this clean, you should win since your IVs are so much better. I'm just wondering why are you not in top10 yet but many with not godly Ivs are. Either way, to each their own, we can discuss this later if we meet on ladder one of this days.

Just now, redspawn said:

but I'm pretty sure if they die, they'd die either way. Let's agree to disagree since this isn't going anywhere. I'll see you in the ladder one of this days and we get this clean, you should win since your IVs are so much better. I'm just wondering why are you not in top10 yet but many with not godly Ivs are. Either way, to each their own, we can discuss this later if we meet on ladder one of this days.

LMAO if you think ladder = skill. 

2 minutes ago, redspawn said:

But then again, not knowing which iv you're testing as 25 in the last case, it doens't validate, because if you're testing 25 atk IV vs 31 atk IV, that is a main stat, just like speed is in a physical sweeper, the 2 main stats, aka those you always want 31, sub stats, hp/def/sp.def are the ones I'm refering to, and the same ones Riga showed proof, and that many others use and do. They are better, nobody telling the opposite, just not justified to go the extra step for a random chance of it surviving, which usually is not on your side. 

I'm not entirely sure what you are suggesting but the Aero was the one i was testing with in the first calc it had 31def and the second it had 25 (this is the "sub stat" you are referring to right? 

Just now, redspawn said:

Yeah, but is still a chance isnt it? And most likely you'll die either way don't you? Don't you fucking see the fucking chance is still there? And both odds are against him? Nvm I even touched this subject, enjoy your 5x31s lmao, hopefully one day you're a more skilled player thanks to them.

Don't you see there is a difference?

252 SpA Life Orb Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 195-229 (95.1 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 198-234 (96.5 - 114.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
Sure that's not much chance of you living either way but one is clearly better. I think most players that win tournaments enjoy their 5x31s when they have clutch 1hp lives, which results in winning the match.
5 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Yes, it is very obviously optimal to play with higher IVs, but it is still very possible to win without them. As seen in all the calcs you posted where it just became a higher chance to survive and never even a guaranteed chance. Your examples are pretty bad here.

Also what the fuck kind of example are you even asking for? 

252 SpA Life Orb Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 393-463 (150.5 - 177.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (393, 398, 400, 406, 408, 416, 421, 424, 429, 432, 439, 445, 447, 452, 455, 463)
252 SpA Life Orb Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 460-541 (200 - 235.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (460, 463, 468, 476, 478, 486, 491, 494, 502, 507, 515, 517, 523, 530, 533, 541)

There you go two calcs where the lower IVs died as well as the higher IV, nothing to do with the inferior IV. Really what all is "show me a game where one of your sweepers fainted and it's not because of inferior IVs" supposed to mean? 

2 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

Yes, it is very obviously optimal to play with higher IVs, but it is still very possible to win without them. As seen in all the calcs you posted where it just became a higher chance to survive and never even a guaranteed chance. Your examples are pretty bad here.

252 SpA Life Orb Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 393-463 (150.5 - 177.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (393, 398, 400, 406, 408, 416, 421, 424, 429, 432, 439, 445, 447, 452, 455, 463)
252 SpA Life Orb Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 460-541 (200 - 235.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (460, 463, 468, 476, 478, 486, 491, 494, 502, 507, 515, 517, 523, 530, 533, 541)

There you go two calcs where the lower IVs died as well as the higher IV, nothing to do with the inferior IV. Really what all is "show me a game where one of your sweepers fainted and it's not because of inferior IVs" supposed to mean? 

Not worth it Riga, trust me, not worth it, is like talking to walls.

Edited by redspawn
Just now, Rigamorty said:

Lol how are my examples bad? The whole point of having higher ivs is to increase my odds, so otherwise do show me a better example of how 31 is more important than 25.

Your boy asked me to prove my example by giving him a game (not calc), he needs to do the same for me. You can't just post a calc and convince me. So if you didn't get the point I was getting across, I was mocking him.