Legendary Breeding

Xatu

Question

With the future updates we will eventually have access to legends. Normally in the vanilla games you have unlimited tries to seek the nature/IVs you seek on the mons (Implying everyone doesn't just generate a team lmao). 

I'm proposing we allow the breeding of a legendary with other legendaries to allow us to make comp legends while still directly supporting the economy.

Mechanics

-Shiny Breeding mechanics to allow a comp to be made in few breeds such as 1-2.

-Legends may only be bred with other legends.

-New legendary egg groups

-New genders added to most legends with 1/2 1/4 or 1/8 female rates depending on how rare you want the female to be. Making all legends a 1/8 female rate makes the most sense to increase the grind and market.

-Make genderless only allowed to breed with mons from the exact same species (same Mon) to increase grind

Legend Only Egg Groups

Qaudriped: Dogs, Swords Quadro, Dialga

Bird: Palkia, Lati@s, Bird trio, Lugia, Ho-oh, Giratina

Mystic: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Lake trio, Manaphy, Meleotta, Genies, Cresselia

Genderless: Titans, Heatran, Deoxys, Darkrai, Regigigas, Groud on, Kyogre, Arceus

15 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

We don't intend to make legendaries breedable, but we do have other ways in mind to allow the changing of their IVs and other such stats.

Hmm care to elucidate? You gotta remember that if its too hard to get a legend with decent stats then it may give certain players a huge advantage over others.

1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

Nope, but I assure you that's something we've kept in mind.

Well the only other action would be a static NPC or item like bottle caps. Like a legendary only type of bottlecaps that can be a rare drop, etc.  Both of which, in the end, come down to being a pure sink, which is fine. My suggestion serves as just that, a suggestion. I had the legendary botlecaps idea too but I found including current game mechanics to be more enthralling and a low female rate acts as a rare drop.  Anyway, it'll work no matter what you do, thank you for allowing my thread to continue to exist even if it doesn't sound appealing to you.

Just now, Xatu said:

Well the only other action would be a static NPC or item like bottle caps. Like a legendary only type of bottlecaps that can be a rare drop, etc.  Both of which, in the end, come down to being a pure sink, which is fine. My suggestion serves as just that, a suggestion. I had the legendary botlecaps idea too but I found including current game mechanics to be more enthralling and a low female rate acts as a rare drop.  Anyway, it'll work no matter what you do, thank you for allowing my thread to continue to exist even if it doesn't sound appealing to you.

Just to clarify, I'm not faulting the suggestion - or suggesting that the suggestion itself is bad.

But I did want to communicate that Legendary IVs aren't something we've overlooked and currently have an idea for.

Just now, Darkshade said:

Just to clarify, I'm not faulting the suggestion - or suggesting that the suggestion itself is bad.

But I did want to communicate that Legendary IVs aren't something we've overlooked and currently have an idea for.

Oh yeah sorry I assumed that you thought it was bad, you actually made no responses to indicate that and thus I misinterpreted the comment.

Really looking forward to what you have in store and surprises are the best, especially ones that involve new mechanics.

Anyway while you're reading this I've been meaning to tell you I've been working on follower sprite pallet swaps that might work for over world sprites. I'll bump my thread on that with the examples in a couple days.

3 hours ago, Darkshade said:

We don't intend to make legendaries breedable, but we do have other ways in mind to allow the changing of their IVs and other such stats.

Can you tell us roughly what vain / type of meddling you have discussed? Keeping in mind nothing is confirmed.

Because currently we /can/ change IV's of pokemon for Hidden Power etc but it's hardly optimal, when you say change their IV's do you mean we will be able to somehow, for example, at least get 31 Speed with a legendary pokemon reliably?

Or was it going to more likely be a re-randomisation of IV's

Or can you simply not discuss it at all atm :c muh curiousity

Oh yea, also, if legendaries are one time obtainable how is Manaphy / Phione going to work, people would have to sacrifice their Manaphy to get a Phione, I pressume with the ability to change legendary stats we can't just catch multiple of them, so what goes on in that case?

OOPS DOUBLE POST

Edited by Matoka
2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I just hope it's not something dumb, just having legendaries already bothers me enough.

It's most likely that the legendaries we have access to will not be the ludicrously strong ones, think of things more like the Regi trio instead of something like Deoxys straight off the bat.

OOPS DOUBLE POST

Edited by Matoka