List of Changes from Original Games: Gen 5

Xatu

3 minutes ago, Takens said:

So the deal right here is making everyone rebreed all we have now for HA?
it would be a lot better having just a pill. Many people from old times till now are waiting for the great update we don't care if it takes a little longer if you guys have to design another pill for it, but if you make us rebreed all those pokes i think it would be unfair and stupid i'm sorry i know you guys are trying your best.

17 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Well I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that would be a really good way to make a lot of our new content void.

As darkshade said, if we could just do it to old pokemon then we could just buy the pill etc off GTL, no incentive to go do the new dungeons ourselves.

I will say though I'm genuinely sad there'll be no dungeon at launch :c

Just now, Matoka said:

As darkshade said, if we could just do it to old pokemon then we could just buy the pill etc off GTL, no incentive to go do the new dungeons ourselves.

I will say though I'm genuinely sad there'll be no dungeon at launch :c

The original purpose of dungeons were the legendary pokes, but they are trying to kill 2 birds on 1 shot. I personally don't care about legendaries on the other side i wouldn't like to re-breed everything again on that way to have a new abilities it just doesn't seem fair some good players are going to quit playing because of that.

Just now, Takens said:

The original purpose of dungeons were the legendary pokes, but they are trying to kill 2 birds on 1 shot. I personally don't care about legendaries on the other side i wouldn't like to re-breed everything again on that way to have a new abilities it just doesn't seem fair some good players are going to quit playing because of that.

How does it seem Unfair?

Anyone is gonna want stuff handed to them, remember there's also new egg moves in gen 4/5 as well as new abilities, there's going to need to be new pokemon bred and I don't think complaining about that is warranted.

This is a game where stuff isn't handed to you for free and stuff is supposed to have value, its an MMO afterall, I doubt /sensible/ players will quit over such a petty reason, the reason being that they actually have to do some work, which is incredibly minor honestly, in order to get a huge power spike or a new strategy with the abilities.

Besides most abilities will wararnt entire new movesets on pokemon, which means you'll want TM's and new egg moves, and even new IV spreads.

For instance, Banette can run a new set with the addition of trickroom but it's ideal stats are 0 speed Brave nature, normal Banettes don't have those stats so I had to rebreed.

It's just a matter of fact, You actually have to play the game to get a little bit of what you want, I think that's entirely fair and if people quit over that... Boo-hoo? it just means they have 0 patience

38 minutes ago, Matoka said:

How does it seem Unfair?

Anyone is gonna want stuff handed to them, remember there's also new egg moves in gen 4/5 as well as new abilities, there's going to need to be new pokemon bred and I don't think complaining about that is warranted.

This is a game where stuff isn't handed to you for free and stuff is supposed to have value, its an MMO afterall, I doubt /sensible/ players will quit over such a petty reason, the reason being that they actually have to do some work, which is incredibly minor honestly, in order to get a huge power spike or a new strategy with the abilities.

Besides most abilities will wararnt entire new movesets on pokemon, which means you'll want TM's and new egg moves, and even new IV spreads.

For instance, Banette can run a new set with the addition of trickroom but it's ideal stats are 0 speed Brave nature, normal Banettes don't have those stats so I had to rebreed.

It's just a matter of fact, You actually have to play the game to get a little bit of what you want, I think that's entirely fair and if people quit over that... Boo-hoo? it just means they have 0 patience

Ok let me get straight right here we know about some pokes having abilities, but we won shiny comps on official tournaments and now we get to know about this just breaks my heart not being able to give my quagsire Unware.
I might get a warning point because of this so be it!
HOW TF CAN YOU TALK ABOUT COMP IF YOUR SHIT PLAYING MATE. 

Just now, Takens said:

Ok let me get straight right here we know about some pokes having abilities, but we won shiny comps on official tournaments and now we get to know about this just breaks my heart not being able to give my quagsire Unware.
I might get a warning point because of this so be it!
HOW TF CAN YOU TALK ABOUT COMP IF YOUR SHIT PLAYING MATE. 

>Implies about my capability to play pokemon games
>bases this off the fact I disagreed with him on forums

Hmmm..... 

Btw, about your Quagsire, it can't get Egg moves from the gen 4 / 5 either, so what? your quagsire also can't magically change its IV's or nature, you can't just magically have the all-powerful shiny quagsire that can be everything you could ever want.

Why can't you just be happy you have a competitive Quagsire, even if it doesn't have unaware Water Absorb is hardly a bad ability. The fact you have a shiny is a trophey, not a "I don't have to work for my copetitive pokemon" Voucher, 90% of shiny pokemon in the game are completely noncompetitive stat and egg move wise.

53 minutes ago, Takens said:

The original purpose of dungeons were the legendary pokes, but they are trying to kill 2 birds on 1 shot. I personally don't care about legendaries

And now you have a reason to enter a dungeon, as does anybody else who has already run it and doesn't want to go for a Legendary.

It adds to the renewability and longevity of the content - I would consider this good design.

I understand that you're upset you can't convert your older 'mons to Hidden Ability ones - but if we allowed that a lot of the content would just up and vanish, the challenge would disappear and  we wouldn't be able to easily moderate which Hidden Abilities were made available.

You still have the advantage - you may need to 're-breed' but you can still use your existing comps in aid of those breeds.

7 hours ago, Darkshade said:

And now you have a reason to enter a dungeon, as does anybody else who has already run it and doesn't want to go for a Legendary.

It adds to the renewability and longevity of the content - I would consider this good design.

I understand that you're upset you can't convert your older 'mons to Hidden Ability ones - but if we allowed that a lot of the content would just up and vanish, the challenge would disappear and  we wouldn't be able to easily moderate which Hidden Abilities were made available.

You still have the advantage - you may need to 're-breed' but you can still use your existing comps in aid of those breeds.

Regarding dungeons, are players limited to only being able to run it a certain amount of times? 

Are dungeons only going to be open a certain time a day?

3 hours ago, Kite said:

are players limited to only being able to run it a certain amount of times? 

Are dungeons only going to be open a certain time a day?

No, rate limiting will be done in a similar manner to E4 with per-player cooldowns or innate limitations to a dungeon (e.g. key item requirements).

11 hours ago, Darkshade said:

This is incredibly stupid. This pretty much renders nearly every comp people have made in the past useless, which is bullshit. You obviously don't know the effort it takes to breed numerous pokemon, get the required eggmoves, EV train them, level them up to 50, and get the rest of its needed moves.

2 hours ago, Suneet said:

This is incredibly stupid. This pretty much renders nearly every comp people have made in the past useless, which is bullshit. You obviously don't know the effort it takes to breed numerous pokemon, get the required eggmoves, EV train them, level them up to 50, and get the rest of its needed moves.

Pokemon are like Gear in WoW, when a new expansion comes around, you will get rid of said gear for the new gear. It isn't stupid it is called progression. 

1 hour ago, Kite said:

Pokemon are like Gear in WoW, when a new expansion comes around, you will get rid of said gear for the new gear. It isn't stupid it is called progression. 

54 minutes ago, Jordzi said:

But...but...they're my babies =[. So ruthless. 

Or you can sell your old gear to fund your endeavours for the newer gear.

5 hours ago, Suneet said:

because you wont be needing any new moves anyway, right? only new hidden abilities matters. Stop moaning and get real

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:38 PM, Xatu said:

Gen 7 Stat Buffs

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:01 PM, Darkshade said:

Some will have different stats, however I can't at this time confirm what those are.

does this also include moves with updated schematics? I know some of them like Fake Out are already updated to Gen 5, but others like Tail Glow are still old school. 

*(shameless plug to get Tail Glow to +3 instead of +2)*

So the biggest problem here is to re-breed everything we've done in the past to get the new Eggmoves/abilitys.

What about, on the final of the dungeon, put an npc to teach you eggmoves/abilitys to the oldest pokemons (with a certain cost).

This is a simple way to solve both of the problems of rebreeding everything to get the new moves/abilitys, and at the same way, some of the content (the dungeons) will be use usefull for new pokemons.

Im trying to express myself, sorry for my bad english.

2 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Or you can sell your old gear to fund your endeavours for the newer gear.

in most MMOs the only gear you can sell that isn't NPC Junk, is gear that is Bind on Equip. 

And even if you sold them to NPC for gold, the most you'd probably get is about 50-100 gold which is nothing. 

Edited by Kite
28 minutes ago, SugarPain said:

So the biggest problem here is to re-breed everything we've done in the past to get the new Eggmoves/abilitys.

What about, on the final of the dungeon, put an npc to teach you eggmoves/abilitys to the oldest pokemons (with a certain cost).

This is a simple way to solve both of the problems of rebreeding everything to get the new moves/abilitys, and at the same way, some of the content (the dungeons) will be use usefull for new pokemons.

Im trying to express myself, sorry for my bad english.

Git bck 2 breading skrub

4 hours ago, Kite said:

shut up

1 hour ago, Toupi said:

because you wont be needing any new moves anyway, right? only new hidden abilities matters. Stop moaning and get real

but you do need new moves? Like with eggmoves that were released in newer generations?

On 9/10/2017 at 7:40 AM, Kyu said:

We haven't worked on the breeding complexities yet, so I don't have a good answer for you. Sorry.

Make it so the HA mon's ability takes priority so we don't have to mess with gender inheritance essentially screwing a lot of single gender Pokemon and so we don't have to buy a hold item to keep the ability, essentially adding another layer to the expensive and tedious process of breeding.

25 minutes ago, Suneet said:

but you do need new moves? Like with eggmoves that were released in newer generations?

Like Darkshade has said before, your old pokemon don't become useless. I mean just think about it. Your old pokemon becomes the base of the rebred version. Of course you have to invest money into the other parent. But not nearly as much as starting from scratch. You can just get a parent with the right new eggmoves and breed that with your old pokemon. This way you use your old pokemon in a decently effective way. Atleast better than releasing it or letting it eat dust in your PC. In my opinion you're getting really worried about something that shouldn't even be a problem. Just a mild inconvenience. Because you have to re-ev them and have to spend some money. But that's what you've been doing pretty much all the time you've been playing this game. 

2 minutes ago, suigin said:

Make it so the HA mon's ability takes priority so we don't have to mess with gender inheritance essentially screwing a lot of single gender Pokemon and so we don't have to buy a hold item to keep the ability, essentially adding another layer to the expensive and tedious process of breeding.

Give this a read:

21 hours ago, Darkshade said:

It will very likely be the species that the Mother fits into only, with the exception being made to genderless or gender-exclusive species requiring the Hidden Ability.

Ditto can never breed to re-create itself, so whether it has a Hidden ability or not will not matter.

This way we can ensure that any instances of any Hidden abilities available within the game are ones we already released.

This may vary in % chances to pass, perhaps with the ability to pay more as guarantee.

Or it may just pass 100% of the time.

Please do not take this as full confirmation, but it seems like the most logical way to handle it.

But that is likely effectively how we are going to handle it.

2 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Like Darkshade has said before, your old pokemon don't become useless. I mean just think about it. Your old pokemon becomes the base of the rebred version. Of course you have to invest money into the other parent. But not nearly as much as starting from scratch. You can just get a parent with the right new eggmoves and breed that with your old pokemon. This way you use your old pokemon in a decently effective way. Atleast better than releasing it or letting it eat dust in your PC. In my opinion you're getting really worried about something that shouldn't even be a problem. Just a mild inconvenience. Because you have to re-ev them and have to spend some money. But that's what you've been doing pretty much all the time you've been playing this game. 

but thats extra money, shouldn't the devs be trying to reward older players? lol, half of the "known" playerbase are quitting simply because of how much money + time it'll take to get loads of new comps

Just now, Suneet said:

but thats extra money, shouldn't the devs be trying to reward older players? lol, half of the "known" playerbase are quitting simply because of how much money + time it'll take to get loads of new comps

Aren't you already rewarded yourselves by being able to use your previous competitives in the breeding process?

1 minute ago, Suneet said:

Like Kite has pointed out, this isn't the only game were "old gear" becomes outdated. I remember playing a mmo back in the day where a big patch would come out every 6-8 months. When these patches came out all the old gear I had grinded for became the new starter gear for that patch. I'd say that's the same here. Because old players are still at an advantage compared to new players. You have boxes and boxes full of good IVed pokemon you can use to make new pokemon. Compared to newer players who hardly have anything. You're gonna have to spend money regardless. Not saying it isn't annoying. But it's part of a lot of mmos. If not all.