Legendary Dungeons!

Gen 7 abilities if they existed: ie Drizzle pelliper

Gen 7 Egg Moves

Gen 7 Stat Buffs

Multiple Gen TMs

TMs still consumable

Multiple gens of event moves

Multiple gens of tutor moves

Pls help to add more instances of originality to be present in the new update.

Edited by Xatu
18 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Gen 7 abilities if they existed: ie Drizzle pelliper

Perhaps.

18 minutes ago, Xatu said:

No team preview: Team preview kills the fun and mystery of a pokemon battle, hopefully it will remain out.

We intend to have Team Preview available on release.

19 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Gen 7 Egg Moves

Yes.

19 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Gen 7 Stat Buffs

Yes.

20 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Multiple Gen TMs

Yes.

20 minutes ago, Xatu said:

TMs still consumable

Yes.

1 minute ago, pachima said:

Now seriously. Some moves here have a different power than later gens. Not sure if we will keep it or not.

Some will have different stats, however I can't at this time confirm what those are.

Just now, Darkshade said:

Perhaps.

We intend to have Team Preview available on release.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Some will have different stats, however I can't at this time confirm what those are.

Perhaps too soon, but is it possible to have an option whether we want or not team preview.

Fellas, there's no need to push back on change just because it's change. The introduction of so many new powerful Pokemon and moves will be quite a power creep. At a certain point, playing without team preview is downright uncompetitive, less about skill and more about sheer guesswork. That's not really an opinion when it comes to gen 5. Some even think gens 3 and 4 really needed it too. Again, I know it's different than what we're used to but it will be an overwhelmingly positive change for our competitive scene imo 

10 minutes ago, Kyokatsu said:

Will it be an option, or every battle will have the preview?

2 hours ago, pachima said:

Perhaps too soon, but is it possible to have an option whether we want or not team preview.

For Official Tournaments, it will be enabled by default.

For PvE of course, it won't be active.

As for smaller PvP battles between players - we may make it an option.

As for the other questions in this thread - I'd rather not comment just yet until everything is finalized.

3 hours ago, Takens said:

Can you just stop making this kind of threads? I mean this information we all already know it.

The point of the thread is to inform players of the differences, we don't all know this and all the info isn't in 1 place. Also what other threads are you talking about..? I have never made a thread like this.

2 hours ago, DeadGorilla said:

Couldn't delte on phone lol

2 hours ago, Xatu said:

The point of the thread is to inform players of the differences, we don't all know this and all the info isn't in 1 place. 

I for one appreciate this thread. so thank you. 
also, hype!

2 hours ago, Darkshade said:

As for smaller PvP battles between players - we may make it an option.

hype again!
love you guys either way though

7 hours ago, Matoka said:

Darkshade, how's discussion about how you're handling Hidden Abilities going?

Unfortunately I was told "grandfathering" them in was dumb, so for now, we're intending to assign them as dungeon rewards. This is for a few reasons:

• So that we can provide more uniqueness to a dungeon's rewards (in addition to both the Legendary and the monetary rewards, certain areas would have certain species with certain HAs under certain conditions)
  • So that we can stagger their release and make sure that we still have new carrots, aside from Legendaries themselves, in order to fuel desire for new dungeons as well as to make PvP's evolution over the years more interesting. We don't believe that the Legendary may be enough of a reward for the end-game PvE I want, and it'll become more clear why when it begins to be shown.

This means that, while they may be implemented on release, they won't necessarily be available until our end-game PvE is more properly fleshed out.

19 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Unfortunately I was told "grandfathering" them in was dumb, so for now, we're intending to assign them as dungeon rewards. This is for a few reasons:

• So that we can provide more uniqueness to a dungeon's rewards (in addition to both the Legendary and the monetary rewards, certain areas would have certain species with certain HAs under certain conditions)
  • So that we can stagger their release and make sure that we still have new carrots, aside from Legendaries themselves, in order to fuel desire for new dungeons as well as to make PvP's evolution over the years more interesting. We don't believe that the Legendary may be enough of a reward for the end-game PvE I want, and it'll become more clear why when it begins to be shown.

This means that, while they may be implemented on release, they won't necessarily be available until our end-game PvE is more properly fleshed out.

i actually like the idea to be honest, hopefully we get them rather quick. waiting another year would suck. So just to make sure - we will be able to get hidden abilities on our already existing mons , right?

edit: wait actually having to catch and rebreed them sucks -.- would have prepared like ha capsules as a rare drop or something

Edited by Quakkz
8 minutes ago, Kyu said:

So that we can provide more uniqueness to a dungeon's rewards (in addition to both the Legendary and the monetary rewards, certain areas would have certain species with certain HAs under certain conditions)

So you gotta catch and rebreed them?

When i read you wanna implement them as rewards i thought of "special" ability pills first. Would make us grind the dungeons nonetheless yet we wouldnt have to rebreed the likes of slowbro and breloom.