DEVs... when do we get the new update ?

purity2910

23 minutes ago, purity2910 said:

do you guys ( i mean devs ) finish making unova ?

From someone who works with coding all day, this is my point of view.

Coding is all fun and games, but it has 2 problems, unpredictable bugs, therefor the PTS tests, and predictable bugs, but unsolvable solutions as of the moment due to lack of ideas or knowledge, do you want to be able to get the full experience or 1/4 of the experience?

Also, keep in mind that if they are doing this as a hobby and not as a full time thing(I dunno, just a possible guess), it might take a while to finish some aspects considering new language, adapting to the ROMs etc, it's not something that is done in a day or two, much less if it's not a full time thing. They also have lifes outside of the game, just like everyone else, give time to time.

Edited by redspawn
9 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Also, keep in mind that if they are doing this as a hobby and not as a full time thing(I dunno, just a possible guess), it might take a while to finish some aspects considering new language, adapting to the ROMs etc, it's not something that is done in a day or two, much less if it's not a full time thing. They also have lifes outside of the game, just like everyone else, give time to time.

Kyu made a post on how he spends his time, and I feel it helps give us an idea for how the other devs use their time as well.

So he is spending as much time as he can fit in to be able to work on Unova, and note how little time that is for a whole region. Sure we have other devs, but they also have other things to do that take priority over the game.

In other words, the release is soontm.

16 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Kyu made a post on how he spends his time, and I feel it helps give us an idea for how the other devs use their time as well.

So he is spending as much time as he can fit in to be able to work on Unova, and note how little time that is for a whole region. Sure we have other devs, but they also have other things to do that take priority over the game.

http://prntscr.com/ginv0k Sounds like my ex. 

Ok now out of sarcasm, from my prespective, the mistake they did was announcing it so early, this created a uproar of people asking 'when'. They shouldn't have done that, this game is run mostly by underaged kids, let's be honest, they are not as flexible to understand the waiting as someone a little more mature. Therefor the spam of ''when, when when'' threads. People forget, that they are not the only people who need to eat, to have family time, to have other hobbies.

Dis iz BS.

1st of I am not a kid.

2nd of we all know how IRL work politics is done: 1 pep works, 5 peps pretend to work and polish their excuse BS skills.  I worked in enough jobs of all kinds to know it to be true. A thing that peps can  do in 1 day, they finish in 1 week with all their excuses with most popular (unlike here where all goes: well it's only my part time job here) being: pointing at the pile of papers and saying "I have lot of work to do" when that god damned pile was standing there for 1/2 a year! or.. just blaming the colleagues.

3rd I played  years ago similar pokemon online game and there they said the same thing: this is our part time job for leisure activity.  For 3 years they could not fix damage calculations: all matk and all patk damage was calculated only as patk dmg. For 3 years they could not fix a god damned damage calculations explaining to us all and then angry kids joining the  chant: we have IRL life and jobs, this is our hobby so buzz off. When we will have time we will do it! :D ... until 1 of the staff members went haywire and exposed that they were getting incomes of the game approx 20k $ a month which was supposed to be only "side project".  The end result was that staff broke, community dissolved and game was gone. At that time, before game was dissolved, peps/staff members who were pulling all that $ who were singing "this is only our side project, we have IRL life so we will do it when we will feel like having time" were soooo active  that in 1 day they managed to fix all bugs trying to save a game that generated them 20k$ while they were sitting on their fat asses singing a song "we are buisy". Even wanted to fly servers to other country. That's what happens when fat asses get on fire after hearing that they will be loosing their 20k$ a month.

This announcement was made last year and not being able to finish implementation of this game is BS and we al know it. So stop trying to tell us that we are too stupid to understand at what paste the 'actual work' of IRL is being done. This was supposed to be already done 3 months ago latest if taken even mediocre seriously and instead of  giving excuses, taking that time to do actual work not sitting on couch and watching TV.

Edited by elfZ
5 minutes ago, elfZ said:

1st of I am not a kid.

2nd of we all know how IRL work politics is done: 1 pep works, 5 peps pretend to work and polish their excuse BS skills.  I worked in enough jobs of all kinds to know it to be true. A thing that peps can  do in 1 day, they finish in 1 week with all their excuses with most popular (unlike here where all goes: well it's only my part time job here) being: pointing at the pile of papers and saying "I have lot of work to do" when that god damned pile was standing there for 1/2 a year! or.. just blaming the colleagues.

3rd I played  years ago similar pokemon online game and there they said the same thing: this is our part time job for leisure activity.  For 3 years they could not damage calculations: all matk and all patk damage was calculated only as patk dmg. For 3 years they could not fix a god damned damage calculations explaining to us all and then angry kids joining the  chant: we have IRL life and jobs, this is our hobby so buzz off. When we will have time we will do it! :D ... until 1 of the staff members went haywire and exposed that they were getting incomes of the game approx 20k $ a month which was supposed to be only "side project".  The end result was that staff broke, community dissolved and game was gone. At that time, before game was dissolved, peps/staff members that were singing "this is only our side project, we have IRL life so we will do it when we will feel like having time" were soooo active  that in 1 day they managed to fix all bugs. Even wanted to fly servers to other country. That's what happens when fat asses get on fire after hearing that they will be loosing their 20k$ a month.

lmao you really think this makes enough money for this to be a full time job?

6 minutes ago, elfZ said:

This announcement was made last year and not being able to finish implementation of this game is BS and we al know it. So stop trying to tell us that we are too stupid to understand at what paste the 'actual work' of IRL is being done. This was supposed to be already done 3 months ago latest if taken even mediocre seriously and instead of  giving excuses, taking that time to do actual work not sitting on couch watching TV.

tbh it looks like you're proving everyone's point about people not understanding.

2 hours ago, elfZ said:

Dis iz BS.

1st of I am not a kid.

3rd I played  years ago similar pokemon online game and there they said the same thing: this is our part time job for leisure activity.  For 3 years they could not fix damage calculations: all matk and all patk damage was calculated only as patk dmg. For 3 years they could not fix a god damned damage calculations explaining to us all and then angry kids joining the  chant: we have IRL life and jobs, this is our hobby so buzz off. When we will have time we will do it! :D ... until 1 of the staff members went haywire and exposed that they were getting incomes of the game approx 20k $ a month which was supposed to be only "side project".  The end result was that staff broke, community dissolved and game was gone. At that time, before game was dissolved, peps/staff members who were pulling all that $ who were singing "this is only our side project, we have IRL life so we will do it when we will feel like having time" were soooo active  that in 1 day they managed to fix all bugs trying to save a game that generated them 20k$ while they were sitting on their fat asses singing a song "we are buisy". Even wanted to fly servers to other country. That's what happens when fat asses get on fire after hearing that they will be loosing their 20k$ a month.

This announcement was made last year and not being able to finish implementation of this game is BS and we al know it. So stop trying to tell us that we are too stupid to understand at what paste the 'actual work' of IRL is being done. This was supposed to be already done 3 months ago latest if taken even mediocre seriously and instead of  giving excuses, taking that time to do actual work not sitting on couch and watching TV.

spongebobicon.jpg

Edited by Quakkz

3 hours ago, elfZ said:

Dis iz BS.

1st of I am not a kid.

you ok there bud?

5 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

Don't take my salty rant too seriously btw. I love you all the same regardless of how much you get on my nerves.

Edited by Kyu
1 minute ago, notmudkip0 said:

I linked it just so everyone could get an idea of how busy you are in case they didn't catch the post.

I gathered, but it's a rant, and I'm not really proud of airing dirty laundry between former/current staff. Nobody really cares about us or our personal lives, and that's fine- we're just some boys making some video games, and while I appreciate you taking the time to try to explain it, I think people just view it as excuses since this is a pretty damn long patch cycle.

4 hours ago, elfZ said:

Dis iz BS.

1st of I am not a kid.

If you're mad, be my guess and leave. The GM team is not here to please you, but to please the general population. Stop asking them to do work, when you're a lazy bum most likely. Are you mad? Quit the game, you won't be missed.

Also doubt any of what you said is true. No pokemon mmorpg was that great, neither 5 years ago, nor now, one of them was the hype of last summer but quickly died, it's still online and running. But hey, who am I to say anything? 

Edited by redspawn
4 minutes ago, Kyu said:

I gathered, but it's a rant, and I'm not really proud of airing dirty laundry between former/current staff. Nobody really cares about us or our personal lives, and that's fine- we're just some boys making some video games, and while I appreciate you taking the time to try to explain it, I think people just view it as excuses since this is a pretty damn long patch cycle.

I personally don't need the details of every dev's life, but your post gave a good idea of how much else you needed to do while also working on the game. I understand the amount of work needed much better thanks t your post and am perfectly fine with waiting.

1 minute ago, notmudkip0 said:

I personally don't need the details of every dev's life, but your post gave a good idea of how much else you needed to do while also working on the game. I understand the amount of work needed much better thanks t your post and am perfectly fine with waiting.

Well thank you for that. I know everyone's frustrations are getting pretty high because ours are too, but this is the biggest risk we've ever taken in the development of this game and we knew what was going to be required of us. That's why I don't like showing my own tiredness and negativity to everyone.

I do feel a bit sorry for the other guy though, because that kind of betrayal is what turns you cynical, and I don't think there's anything we could do to change his opinion.

• Kyu locked this topic