Listing/Mailing price

IDKPRO

Listing a pokemon cost 1000 is too expensive. If you are selling something and accidentally press claim when it is not bought. (True story) It becomes a waste of money. 

Mailing is even worst. 1000 for 1 mail is ridiculous 100 maybe but 1000 NO.

10 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

1000 is hardly expensive, also there's a confirmation message before you cancel a listing.

It may be not expensive for max lvl players but those in between noob and pro. those that straining to get money to help their pokemons lvl up and cant re-battle trainers yet due to under lvl pokemons

Just now, IDKPRO said:

It may be not expensive for max lvl players but those in between noob and pro. those that straining to get money to help their pokemons lvl up and cant re-battle trainers yet due to under lvl pokemons

Get a mon with Pickup and collect items while leveling.

8 hours ago, IDKPRO said:

Listing a pokemon cost 1000 is too expensive. If you are selling something and accidentally press claim when it is not bought. (True story) It becomes a waste of money. 

Mailing is even worst. 1000 for 1 mail is ridiculous 100 maybe but 1000 NO.

It is not expensive, it's actually ridiculously cheap. Its meant to be a waste of cash, a money sink to be more precise. So yes it is required for the game economy, and I even believe 1k is to little as of right now. 

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

It is not expensive, it's actually ridiculously cheap. Its meant to be a waste of cash, a money sink to be more precise. So yes it is required for the game economy, and I even believe 1k is to little as of right now. 

For a very strong player who fight Npc everyday will find it very little but for noobs(aka noob like me although my name have the word pro) it is very difficult. 

1 hour ago, IDKPRO said:

For a very strong player who fight Npc everyday will find it very little but for noobs(aka noob like me although my name have the word pro) it is very difficult. 

I don't know how far you are into the game, but $1000 is 2 instances of PayDay on a level 50.

Or 4 instances of PayDay on a level 25.

It isn't really very much.

7 hours ago, IDKPRO said:

You dont need to be strong to get that amount of cash. Hell, even by clearing both kanto and hoenn you'll have enough for a good while if you don't spend recklessly.

7 hours ago, IDKPRO said:

Stop being stubborn and admit you're lazy. After you complete the story on either region you should have a pokemon lvl 60+ and amulet coin. Complete kanto, and do islands, sell kanto items, sell hoenn items. Sell breeders. It's as easy as it gets. Also, check guides, there's one dedicated to money making.

1000 is not high, but selling expensive stuff on GTL is way too taxing. I would like it if they put a 10k cap on tax, which also means they should put a pricing cap to non Shiny Pokemon of 2.5 milions,  a cap on Shinies of 25 milions, a cap on PokeMarket items of 25k and maybe some other cap here and there, above which the old tax would take place. Maybe only things buyable with RP would have to keep the old taxing system.

There should be an incentive to use the GTL. I'm way too tired of spamming the trade chat with no success, but the taxing is so high I don't want to risk listing stuff there, and people won't take off the things they overpriced when they listed them, so the market is full of crap no one will ever buy. If for example I listed a bad shiny at 20 milions, no one will probably ever buy it but I won't take it off the market because listing it cost me way too much. If the tax was only 10k, I would take it off and re-list at a cheaper price. Or if I listed a 5x31 Marowak at 1m, maybe no one wants it but I don't want to take it off because I paid 50k to list it. While, with a cap of 10k, I would have 5 tries to adjust the price before losing 50k. And by putting a price cap above which the old tax comes back, we would avoid trolls listing their Magikarp for 100 milions. Sure, trolls could pay just 10k to list one at 2.5 milions, though they could take counter-measures for those type of people. I don't know if that's something developers can do, but I don't know how my suggestions wouldn't be beneficial for the game if they were do-able.

Edited by emperior
5 hours ago, emperior said:

1000 is not high, but selling expensive stuff on GTL is way too taxing. I would like it if they put a 10k cap on tax, which also means they should put a pricing cap to non Shiny Pokemon of 2.5 milions,  a cap on Shinies of 25 milions, a cap on PokeMarket items of 25k and maybe some other cap here and there, above which the old tax would take place. Maybe only things buyable with RP would have to keep the old taxing system.

There should be an incentive to use the GTL. I'm way too tired of spamming the trade chat with no success, but the taxing is so high I don't want to risk listing stuff there, and people won't take off the things they overpriced when they listed them, so the market is full of crap no one will ever buy. If for example I listed a bad shiny at 20 milions, no one will probably ever buy it but I won't take it off the market because listing it cost me way too much. If the tax was only 10k, I would take it off and re-list at a cheaper price. Or if I listed a 5x31 Marowak at 1m, maybe no one wants it but I don't want to take it off because I paid 50k to list it. While, with a cap of 10k, I would have 5 tries to adjust the price before losing 50k. And by putting a price cap above which the old tax comes back, we would avoid trolls listing their Magikarp for 100 milions. Sure, trolls could pay just 10k to list one at 2.5 milions, though they could take counter-measures for those type of people. I don't know if that's something developers can do, but I don't know how my suggestions wouldn't be beneficial for the game if they were do-able.

it should remain uncapped. Is not their fault some people don't pay attention while placing pokemons in it. I can tell you, long ago, I sold a mixed pikachu perfect for 3m or so in GTL, just that, goes over your ''pseudo'' cap. 

Also, the 5% taxing is way to little if you ask me, what they could do is tax when you take the pokemons out of GTL, aka, you don't get taxed for putting them in, and instead you get taxed for taking the cash out of GTL, same concept exists in many other games. The taxing is needed to keep a healthy economy in this game, as you literally have 2 money sinks, and a sh1tton of npcs to fight daily, not to mention pay day, to unbalance the economy.  TL;DR of this, we get more cash from NPCs and payday into the game, than what we burn through braces and taxes/pokeballs.

A 1m pokemon costs you 50k to place in GTL, is more than fair, in liquid return you get 950k. If you do not want to pay tax, avoid GTL, there's a trade chat, you're not bound to strickly use GTL only. The incentive to use the GTL is the ability to not spam in trade chat while still being able to sell comps/breeders/items, and that's about it. If they troll and place a magikarp for 100m, does that hurt you in any way? Just ignore it and let it go, their money, their pokemons. Its only yours for you to worry about after you buy it. Also, take it from someone who made a lot while flipping the GTL, as long as it's not ridiculously overpriced it will sell, marowak tho, being a bad example as he isn't very used nor wanted.

Edited by redspawn
4 hours ago, redspawn said:

it should remain uncapped. Is not their fault some people don't pay attention while placing pokemons in it. I can tell you, long ago, I sold a mixed pikachu perfect for 3m or so in GTL, just that, goes over your ''pseudo'' cap. 

Also, the 5% taxing is way to little if you ask me, what they could do is tax when you take the pokemons out of GTL, aka, you don't get taxed for putting them in, and instead you get taxed for taking the cash out of GTL, same concept exists in many other games. The taxing is needed to keep a healthy economy in this game, as you literally have 2 money sinks, and a sh1tton of npcs to fight daily, not to mention pay day, to unbalance the economy.  TL;DR of this, we get more cash from NPCs and payday into the game, than what we burn through braces and taxes/pokeballs.

A 1m pokemon costs you 50k to place in GTL, is more than fair, in liquid return you get 950k. If you do not want to pay tax, avoid GTL, there's a trade chat, you're not bound to strickly use GTL only. The incentive to use the GTL is the ability to not spam in trade chat while still being able to sell comps/breeders/items, and that's about it. If they troll and place a magikarp for 100m, does that hurt you in any way? Just ignore it and let it go, their money, their pokemons. Its only yours for you to worry about after you buy it. Also, take it from someone who made a lot while flipping the GTL, as long as it's not ridiculously overpriced it will sell, marowak tho, being a bad example as he isn't very used nor wanted.

The cap would be only before the old tax kicks in. So you would still be able to list Magikarp for 100m if you have the money to afford it. The more Pokemon on the market the more people spend, and the less the tax the more people put their Pokemon on the market, and also try various prices. This would also help newbies understand the market and its prices more. It would also create some competition between sellers.

7 hours ago, emperior said:

The cap would be only before the old tax kicks in. So you would still be able to list Magikarp for 100m if you have the money to afford it. The more Pokemon on the market the more people spend, and the less the tax the more people put their Pokemon on the market, and also try various prices. This would also help newbies understand the market and its prices more. It would also create some competition between sellers.

newbies will understand if they care enough to understand, you can't counteract that. Keep in mind this game is played by children mostly, who don't care about competitive, 5x31, blablabla.

It is not a solution to any problem to cut taxes, imo they should make it at least 7 to 10%, this would balance the economy for now. If people really care that much about saving 5%, don't use GTL, there's trade chat, is that easy lol.

• Zehkar locked this topic