[LTS] Donation Thread

LTS

4 hours ago, gbwead said:

Iirc, when Riga and I talked, we decided to not start the event until we reach at least 36 mil of prize pool. We also need a minimum of 11 weeks for the entire event: at least 2 weeks for manager sign ups, player sign ups, the pre-season auction and the formation of alliances, 6 weeks of Round Robin, 2 weeks of Alliances Showdown and 1 week of Civil War. For this reason, we can't start before the update.  If Zebra wants to host PSL right after the update, LTS would get cancelled and all the donation money would go to PSL 9 like it was mentionned in this thread. 

Depends what the people want. People might prefer having this instead of PSL in the upcoming future. I'm also unsure of the timeline of the update at all. I think I'm allowed to disclose that there will be a UU and NU tier on launch of the update (well you/riga know this obviously, but not the rest of people) so in theory, we could have PSL as soon as the update hits (or at least in a few weeks, instead of waiting months for usage based tier formation), but the tiers will most likely be volatile and there will be a lot of changes that would probably happen to tiers, so there are a few options for a competitive league.

1. Wait until tiers stabilize. This is the "safest" option but this also takes a while and no one wants to wait that long.

2. Wade through the shit of the update and the tiers, and have OU, UU, and NU, along with a showdown tier or two+Doubles, and force players to adapt and grind new comps as tier changes happen. 

3. Limit the amount of competitive preparation players need by only having OU as a tier+showdown tiers to pad out the rest of the slots. This would be similar to what SPL did this season, as gen 7 hit pretty much right before SPL was starting, so it was better to have an extra OU tier+ubers, instead of waiting for UU/RU to fully form.  

Obviously relying on showdown tiers to fill up the tier slots is not ideal as it seems every season has proven that the players willing to be dedicated to a showdown tier is almost always a single digit number. 

LC will probably be way more popular after the update as well; current LC players won't have to rebreed their comps to compete and LC should be way more balanced if we get eviolite. I wouldn't be surprised if LC becomes at first more popular than something like NU for instance and that's why it probably deserves a spot in events like LTS or PSL.