Tier council?

Kaerodactyl

3 minutes ago, Artemiseta said:

Thought NU could Handel it when it initially dropped I believe at the time both hitmontop and poliwrath were NU and tangela was much more prevent in the meta and so could be more reliably checked and eventually revenge killed (forget the other mon I used to check it at the time) 

omastar if you look has about the same stats as gorebyss. It has more health by 15 and 15 more defense 1 more special attack as 3 more speed 5 less sp def. in addition Gor has less weaknesses like ground and fighting and no x4 weakness in grass while still having electric Gor is stilling at a whopping 1.06% usage so imo at least it deserves a test

Pls Omastar offensively is way superior to Gore, it has more weaknesses but iirc ground/fight types arent really seen much in NU and it has better setup opportunity vs normal spam. Theres also the fact Omastar can perform more roles like being a bulky spiker in a tier where we lack decent spinners and all of them just get shredded by a stab surf except maybe sp def hitmonchan or something, which is not really worth running outside of spinning vs omastar.

And Poliwrath really cant switch vs stab returns that well, it sure wouldnt be my 1st option to try stopping bull.

2 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

Pls Omastar offensively is way superior to Gore, it has more weaknesses but iirc ground/fight types arent really seen much in NU and it has better setup opportunity vs normal spam. Theres also the fact Omastar can perform more roles like being a bulky spiker in a tier where we lack decent spinners and all of them just get shredded by a stab surf except maybe sp def hitmonchan or something, which is not really worth running outside of spinning vs omastar.

And Poliwrath really cant switch vs stab returns that well, it sure wouldnt be my 1st option to try stopping bull.

The x4 to grass is a point worth mentioning. Gorebyss can take a giga with plenty of orb recoils to spare whereas Oma will get ohko'd. A healthy calm Roselia(I think the most type set?) will revenge an Oma sweep or could come in while it rains whereas Gorebyss could beat it. Of course, the more concerning part of Oma is probably because you don't know the set until it's possibly too late. You risk going to something like Hypno to stall rain and then end up having a wall Oma stack spikes against you.

I do think it's worthwhile testing it though because in NU its piece of cake to spike anyway and the spinners are all ass. Can Roselia spike up just as easy as Oma? Sure it can, Roselia has many easy switches. And heck, Roselia even has 100 BP sp atk with 2 good stabs which can hurt if it felt like going modest 252 sp atk, just like Oma.

We just had 2 normal resists come down, along with Solrock which is still fairly popular. Granbul has just been banned. That should really put normal spam on a steep decline in NU. I'm looking through the NU list and not really seeing too many switches for Oma really, like, its best switch would be something like Fearow which sounds dog shit right now unless the tier turns into full offense in which case it would prove to be useful.

All in all, I still think Roselia is the more useful spiker. Omastar is a monster offensive threat though, if anything that's going to decide if its ban worthy or not.

(btw, not really a quote to you, just adding on to what you say)

Edited by KaynineXL
8 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

The x4 to grass is a point worth mentioning. Gorebyss can take a giga with plenty of orb recoils to spare whereas Oma will get ohko'd. A healthy calm Roselia(I think the most type set?) will revenge an Oma sweep or could come in while it rains whereas Gorebyss could beat it. Of course, the more concerning part of Oma is probably because you don't know the set until it's possibly too late. You risk going to something like Hypno to stall rain and then end up having a wall Oma stack spikes against you.

I do think it's worthwhile testing it though because in NU its piece of cake to spike anyway and the spinners are all ass. Can Roselia spike up just as easy as Oma? Sure it can, Roselia has many easy switches. And heck, Roselia even has 100 BP sp atk with 2 good stabs which can hurt if it felt like going modest 252 sp atk, just like Oma.

We just had 2 normal resists come down, along with Solrock which is still fairly popular. Granbul has just been banned. That should really put normal spam on a steep decline in NU. I'm looking through the NU list and not really seeing too many switches for Oma really, like, its best switch would be something like Fearow which sounds dog shit right now unless the tier turns into full offense in which case it would prove to be useful.

All in all, I still think Roselia is the more useful spiker. Omastar is a monster offensive threat though, if anything that's going to decide if its ban worthy or not.

(btw, not really a quote to you, just adding on to what you say)

HQ2YUzj.png?1

The people uguuing about usage based tiering would be the exact same people who would rip the tier council for most of their decisions. Ironically, usage based tiering takes a lot of the guesswork out of TCs job. We'd have a LOT more decisions to make without it. Regardless of all that hypocrisy, it's not up for discussion. Usage based tiering is the gold standard and were not stupid enough to throw that away because some angry kid shitposted in general discussion 

18 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

The x4 to grass is a point worth mentioning. Gorebyss can take a giga with plenty of orb recoils to spare whereas Oma will get ohko'd. 

0 SpA Bellossom Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gorebyss: 102-120 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Roselia Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gorebyss: 108-128 (83 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Unless gorebyss is hp invested, its meh.
3 hours ago, pachima said:
0 SpA Bellossom Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gorebyss: 102-120 (78.4 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Roselia Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gorebyss: 108-128 (83 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Unless gorebyss is hp invested, its meh.

I think people run a bunch of hp evs on gorebyss, at least I do. I can't remember the reasons, too long ago since I made it.

Just now, Gunthug said:

that was my first thought when I saw his calcs. My guess is gore doesn't need that much speed to outspeed all relevant threats at +2

Yep, they probably do the same on Oma I guess.

I invest a good 114 hp evs into my Gorebyss

252+ SpA Life Orb Omastar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lombre: 65-77 (38.9 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

@LifeStyle, you come bad you go bad.

Omastar is getting tested right now, but there is a very strong chance that it will get banned next month. There is no need to panic.

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

252+ SpA Life Orb Omastar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Lombre: 65-77 (38.9 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Omastar is getting tested right now, but there is a very strong chance that it will get banned next month. There is no need to panic.

are you serious what you are talking

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

Reminds me of Tor when he had an idea to make a Lombre

Edited by xStarr
  • Munya locked this topic