Tier council?

Kaerodactyl

11 minutes ago, Kaerodactyl said:

Hey, I was wondering what is the TC utility since Tiers are apparently based on dumb usage.

thanks for your answers

discussion are based on usage, and then tiers determined.

(mabe some usage may auto-ban mons, but some may be moved without having the certain usage)

Edited by Raederz
Just now, notmudkip0 said:

What is this post you speak of

i have 10k+ post good luck finding it but the gyst was "vileplume + steelix + bulky water core is hard to break. almost nothing can beat the core heads on. however we ban pokemon not teams. something something pandoras box of endless possible discussion threads. vileplume has coutners x y and z and is not uber. other factors dont matter. who ever thought up this core was smart"

10 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

This is sad. At least the old TC bashers complained about things the TC actually did. I guess when you get so butthurt that it prompts you to shitpost in general discussion, logic kind of gets thrown out the window though  

Ban the tier council for disrespect. 

10 hours ago, Kaerodactyl said:

Hey, I was wondering what is the TC utility since Tiers are apparently based on dumb usage.

Oh no, not statistics!

But the Tier Councils primary role is to assess the usage provided to them, and help make decisions as to when a particular species may be too much for areas of PvP.

They also help out in cases where we need to find a fitting spot for a 'mon prior to implementation (Such as right now, with the whole of Gen 5).

3 hours ago, Takens said:

I gotta admit i love this meme.

Honestly the meme is hardly related. If you ask me, the problem is not with the council, not at all. The problem is with tiering system (usage- based) but I feel like I already complained about how bad it is multiple times in the past and nothing has changed so I see of no meaning to do it again

9 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Honestly the meme is hardly related. If you ask me, the problem is not with the council, not at all. The problem is with tiering system (usage- based) but I feel like I already complained about how bad it is multiple times in the past and nothing has changed so I see of no meaning to do it again

Some usage bans can get pretty dumb. 

I know TC are trying to make the game better, but banning for usage doesn't seem like it's a good choice anymore.

8 hours ago, RysPicz said:

I know we've probably had this argument before (though maybe that was with lion) but what would you propose as an alternative to the method used by every single legitimate competitive Pokemon community in history? 

I don't think usage-based moves are bad, I mean that's like the whole point of having tiers. Just don't agree with letting some things move down for a test while keeping other stuff in BL without giving it a try. (Like not thinking Granbull/Omastar is too OP in NU but then not letting Rhydon/Feraligatr have a try in UU)

2 hours ago, Gunthug said:

I know we've probably had this argument before (though maybe that was with lion) but what would you propose as an alternative to the method used by every single legitimate competitive Pokemon community in history? 

Just ban broken pokes not by usage i mean i respect the chansey ban there's more variety in OU, but by using that method it doesn't come always right, for example good ban on Gbull but omastar and steelix in NU? Nah brah you are just fixing and making more mistakes.
Now it would be nice from the Tier council to make a thread asking all the players what method they think should work as a replacement for the usage ban.

8 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

I don't think usage-based moves are bad, I mean that's like the whole point of having tiers. Just don't agree with letting some things move down for a test while keeping other stuff in BL without giving it a try. (Like not thinking Granbull/Omastar is too OP in NU but then not letting Rhydon/Feraligatr have a try in UU)

Do not use rhydon as an example it was tested it was broken to such a degree at its hard to imagine and put into words the calcs are mind boggling literally nothing can switch in

@BurntZebra or @DoubleJ can confirm this still think we were right to ban Zard first tho zebra

as for feraligatr it is a bigger bulkier crawdaunt with better speed tier, sets and doesn't not carry the drawback of dark typing to be revenge killed by Mach punch 

2 minutes ago, Artemiseta said:

Do not use rhydon as an example it was tested it was broken to such a degree at its hard to imagine and put into words the calcs are mind boggling literally nothing can switch in

@BurntZebra or @DoubleJ can confirm this still think we were right to ban Zard first tho zebra

as for feraligatr it is a bigger bulkier crawdaunt with better speed tier, sets and doesn't not carry the drawback of dark typing to be revenge killed by Mach punch 

Rhydon more banworthy than charizard obv.

JJ ultra bias supreme. Not banning rhydon after its been dominating UU for a month, gotta preserve that "meta"

Plz u just didn't type in which one first obvously both had to go. 10/10 think u guys in ou at the time we're dealing with lax still 

we were on our own at that point jj and I did our best and were right in the end

inb4 bring back Zard to UU as well lol

edit @BurntZebra head is flooded too much school kids... I hate lockers

what else was there for gartr I know I missed something

Edited by Artemiseta
Zebra
6 minutes ago, Artemiseta said:

I agree that Rhydon is too OP for UU, not 100% convinced on Fera but yes I believe it could be broken too. Just saying I feel a bad precedent is set when you just point a finger at Fera and say "OMG MEGA BROKEN NOT EVEN WORTH TESTING" but then turning your heads the other way at stuff like Granbull or Omastar dropping tiers.

1 minute ago, LifeStyle said:

I agree that Rhydon is too OP for UU, not 100% convinced on Fera but yes I believe it could be broken too. Just saying I feel a bad precedent is set when you just point a finger at Fera and say "OMG MEGA BROKEN NOT EVEN WORTH TESTING" but then turning your heads the other way at stuff like Granbull or Omastar dropping tiers.

Thought NU could Handel it when it initially dropped I believe at the time both hitmontop and poliwrath were NU and tangela was much more prevent in the meta and so could be more reliably checked and eventually revenge killed (forget the other mon I used to check it at the time) 

omastar if you look has about the same stats as gorebyss. It has more health by 15 and 15 more defense 1 more special attack as 3 more speed 5 less sp def. in addition Gor has less weaknesses like ground and fighting and no x4 weakness in grass while still having electric Gor is stilling at a whopping 1.06% usage so imo at least it deserves a test