[PSL 8] Awards

It's what everyone has been waiting for, PSL 8 Awards, which have totally not been spoiled already.

The managers voted on best players for each tier, as well as a breakout player (defined as a player who performed "exceptionally" and this was their first season participating), and the best overall player (defined as a player who performed exceptionally in multiple tiers). The best player for an individual tier will receive 500k and the breakout player along with the best overall player will receive 1mil. Managers were not allowed to vote on players from their own team, thus the max votes a player can have is 7.

Without further ado, the best players of PSL 8. 

Best OU Player: Enchanteur - a unanimous 7-0 vote from the managers as he went undefeated for another season.

Best UU Player: ZDFire - a close 5-3 vote, narrowly beating out Axoa as the best UU player of this season. Going 6-1 in UU was the best UU record out of all the UU players this season, unfortunately we did not get to see him in playoffs. Well deserved.

Best NU Player: SejuaniSupport - another 7-0 unanimous vote from the managers. He outperformed the rest of the NU players this season and without a doubt deserves it.

Best Doubles Player: GBWEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The true lord of doubles, beating out Strider and JIce who both received 2 votes, while gbwead gathered 4 of the manager's votes. Although gbwead's reign of terror in doubles was short, he made sure to look cool while doing it.

Best DPP Player: XPLOZ - Although the DPP competition was "tough" this season, XPLOZ still pulled out with the best record in the regular season, along with 6 of the 7 possible votes for him.

Best SM OU Player: Raptori - some may argue that SM OU was weak this season, but maybe Raptori was just making it look easy, only losing to myself and Telf in the regular season. Raptori received 6 of the 7 possible votes, with Telf picking up the last 2 votes with his fairly surprising performance this season.

Breakout Player of PSL 8: moisessss - it wouldn't be a good award ceremony without some controversy over one of the awards. After some confused voting, the first round of voting resulted in a tie between moisessss and Cogeid for the breakout player of this season. A tie break vote occurred (managers were allowed to vote for their own player in this if they pleased) and moisessss won with a 5-3 vote.

Best Overall Player of PSL 8: the coolest guy around town, your favorite zoo animal... TheFirelion.. wait no. It's me, BurntZebra. This was another close vote that required a tie break vote (3 votes for enchanteur and myself in the preliminary vote. In the tiebreak vote, the vote went 6-2 or 7-1 (I believe it was 6-2, but I just checked again and it was 7-1).

I will be mailing the winnings out shortly. Congratulations to all those who have won awards. 

2 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

what stupid asses didn't vote enchanteur best overall?

tbh I'd probably vote for him if he didn't dodge all the good players during regular season.

Zebra and ZDFire on the other hand had pretty tough competition and still managed to get 6-1 each. I was surprised Zebra was voted over ZDFire tho since he lost to him in UU this season.

The notion of enchanteur not getting best overall "because he dodged the good players" is incredibly stupid.

Think about it, he won every match. He didn't choose the players to play against. So basically it was literally impossible for him to get the prize in any way possible.

>insert Tranz top 10 OU player meme here

Edited by Tranzmaster
6 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

Best Overall Player of PSL 8: the coolest guy around town, your favorite zoo animal... TheFirelion.. wait no. It's me, BurntZebra. This was another close vote that required a tie break vote (3 votes for enchanteur and myself in the preliminary vote. In the tiebreak vote, the vote went 6-2 or 7-1 (I believe it was 6-2, but I just checked again and it was 7-1).

giphy.webp

EDIT: Kudos to all the ass lickers around here o/

Edited by Arimanius
13 minutes ago, Arimanius said:

EDIT: Kudos to all the ass lickers around here o/

18QQ8Qo.png?1

2 minutes ago, yangsam said:

saying enhan didn't get best overall cause he dodged all best players is just BS srsly

Tiers he played every week is on me and JJ, he didn't even complain at all

as much as BS as saying nobody voted for him cuz we a bunch of ass lickers

Not really sure what all this is about. It's all opinionated which makes it kind of dumb to get even mad about. Zebra and Enchanteur were both on 3 votes after the initial vote. So it was voted again and Zebra won. It's just a dumb little reward. As if enchanteur needs the title of player of the season. When he's currently one the best player of the game. It's all just done over a small period of time. Everyone here knows how good enchanteur is. He has already proven to every single one of us he's one of the best, if not currently the best in the game.

I honestly thought both of them deserved it, and because of that reason I'm gonna give enchanteur 500k because he does deserve some money for his amazing performance, although I doubt he'd accept it because he's way too humble. But it's just stupid to call everyone an "ass licker" who voted on Zebra when you are literally doing the same thing but to the other person. Kind of hypocrytical.

@Arimanius told you you'd be surprised

also life ur dumb if u think enchanteur "dodged" players, he just didnt batte them because Jj didnt put him in that tier, dont think it was "dodging", he simply gt to fight his Aw team mates whoch we all already knew are inferior than him, thats why I believed zdfire deserved it more.

also, like everyone said, its a fucking opinion. Deal with it.

3 minutes ago, TheChampionMike said:

Not really sure what all this is about. It's all opinionated which makes it kind of dumb to get even mad about. Zebra and Enchanteur were both on 3 votes after the initial vote. So it was voted again and Zebra won. It's just a dumb little reward. As if enchanteur needs the title of player of the season. When he's currently one the best player of the game. It's all just done over a small period of time. Everyone here knows how good enchanteur is. He has already proven to every single one of us he's one of the best, if not currently the best in the game.

I honestly thought both of them deserved it, and because of that reason I'm gonna give enchanteur 500k because he does deserve some money for his amazing performance, although I doubt he'd accept it because he's way too humble. But it's just stupid to call everyone an "ass licker" who voted on Zebra when you are literally doing the same thing but to the other person. Kind of hypocrytical.

The ass lickers are not the people who voted for zebra first, but those that changed their mind just because, I mean, can't you just keep your mind and your position? it's stupid, at the end of the day enchant ended up 9-0 (or 8-0 if you want to go with the same amount of matches) and zeb 6-2. 

Also: "Everyone here knows how good enchanteur is. He has already proven to every single one of us he's one of the best, if not currently the best in the game." You just gave the reason why he should have won, nothing else matters, he proved it last season, he proved it this one, how hard was to see that? 

Just now, Arimanius said:

The ass lickers are not the people who voted for zebra first, but those that changed their mind just because, I mean, can't you just keep your mind and your position? it's stupid, at the end of the day enchant ended up 9-0 (or 8-0 if you want to go with the same amount of matches) and zeb 6-2. 

Also: "Everyone here knows how good enchanteur is. He has already proven to every single one of us he's one of the best, if not currently the best in the game." You just gave the reason why he should have won, nothing else matters, he proved it last season, he proved it this one, how hard was to see that? 

Democracy, amazing isn't it.

Just now, Arimanius said:

I like to call it ass licking tho, that's democracy too, isn't it?

Sometimes yes, but in the end there is not much you can change. Just try to make it better for the other side.

af2909399e158dadaf349ee6c9f2930d.png

Even though my player got player of the season I still went and gave him something. Just move on. If you really think he deserved the player of the season you'd give him some cash too. Just god damn opinions. Opinions can be wrong in your point of view. But in the end they're opinions. 

5 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

@Arimanius told you you'd be surprised

also life ur dumb if u think enchanteur "dodged" players, he just didnt batte them because Jj didnt put him in that tier, dont think it was "dodging", he simply gt to fight his Aw team mates whoch we all already knew are inferior than him, thats why I believed zdfire deserved it more.

also, like everyone said, its a fucking opinion. Deal with it.

for lack of a better term, I used "dodge".

1 minute ago, TheChampionMike said:

Sometimes yes, but in the end there is not much you can change. Just try to make it better for the other side.

af2909399e158dadaf349ee6c9f2930d.png

Even though my player got player of the season I still went and gave him something. Just move on. If you really think he deserved the player of the season you'd give him some cash too. Just god damn opinions. Opinions can be wrong in your point of view. But in the end they're opinions. 

Exactly my point.

It would be a fine result for the award of best overall player IF Zebra didn't get a chance to tell all the managers before tiebreak vote why he should be awarded rather than encanto.

But he had that chance, and he did it, and he got best award. That's a hell of a disadvantage and that makes the way it happened totally unfair.

But I believe the result was legit, Zebra builded for every tier for his whole team and enchanteur won his OU games, I believe dnites would not have reached playoffs without Zebra's help (even if he was in the team), even with 2 incredibly inferior teams around w/ Shiftrys and GainTrain. This means a lot, Zebra worked very hard and I believe he spent way more time working for his team than enchanteur.

More is never too much, enchanteur didn't do more, Zebra did. Kudos to him and cu next PSL for Kamimi best overall.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.