[PSL 8] Finals - Congratulations to the Hungry Salamences!!

Just now, Gunthug said:

Iirc it happened exactly like this. Moetal bet on a team, they lost by 1 after a no decision. Think it was 5-4 since 10 tiers. And the ruling was he had to pay, hazy on the details though. Only got room for so much in m brain 

I don't recall the details either, but it was one no contest and one activity, turned 4-4 to 4-5 in a 10 tiers.

4 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Iirc it happened exactly like this. Moetal bet on a team, they lost by 1 after a no decision. Think it was 5-4 since 10 tiers. And the ruling was he had to pay, hazy on the details though. Only got room for so much in m brain 

I'll check, but in all cases, there are no "rulings" with bets since no one is in charge. Some opinions are more popular than others tho.

3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I'll check, but in all cases, there are no "rulings" with bets since no one is in charge. Some opinions are more popular than others tho.

IIRCC I think it was a double switch - it was like NU1 and NU2, Team 1 NU1's opponent couldn't make it, so team 2 NU1 was subbed in. However, since team 2's NU2 guy had higher winrate than the sub, the two of them had to switch places.

In the nutshell, the team 1 NU1 guy was fighting the team 2 NU2 guy, while the team 2 sub was fighting the team 1 NU2, all of this happened on like Sunday or some shit.

Edited by Moetal
19 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

It seems to fucky to try and call it like this though. Like say kami and kanzo were friends (i know hard to imagine since they're both incredibly unlikeable) and this was the situation. If kami thinks that A) Kanzo will lose to Mihawk, or B) Kanzo could win but doesn't think they have a chance at the tie breaker, then Kami could just tell Kanzo to not show up for his match and make it an activity call that decides it, voiding his bet and saving him 5m. 

Now I don't think that's the case here by any means at all, I'm sure who ever spends their time reading posts for Kanzo who is obviously illiterate is just on vacation right now so he hasn't been able to schedule his match.

But the point is that if something as simple as 1 activity decision could void any team based bets, then that would be an easy to abuse rule, so that would be nonsense. There's also the fact that in team vs team situations that a sub could be made, so there's really no way to say its an activity win since there's really no reason for a match to not get played some way or another. Obviously when betting on a single match you're betting on that person, but if that person's match doesn't happen then it's void for obvious reasons. But if you bet on an entire team and they lose 4-3 to a no contest and you cry about it then that'd be stupid. 

1) yes I got nothing else to do with my life than whispering kanzo and telling him not to play so I lose the PSL with a perfect record :)

2) Kanzo has posted 100 times more than Mihawk over the last week, the fuck are you talking about, Mihawk dodged 1st time they were supposed to play to watch football and didn't show to the second one after Kanzo had accepted to reschedule.

3) I'd be fine with it if the no contest was legit and deserved. But Mihawk dodged twice, when it was Kanzo that had to schedule during work days.

2 minutes ago, Moetal said:

IRCC I think it was a double switch - it was like NU1 and NU2, Team 1 NU1's opponent couldn't make it, so team 2 NU1 was subbed in. However, since team 2's NU2 guy had higher winrate than the sub, the two of them had to switch places.

In the nutshell, the team 1 NU1 guy was fighting the team 2 NU2 guy, while the team 2 sub was fighting the team 1 NU2, all of this happened on like Sunday or some shit.

What season was that so I can look at the betting thread?

2 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

I'd be fine with it if the no contest was legit and deserved. But Mihawk dodged twice, when it was Kanzo that had to schedule during work days.

well I imagine zebra isn't going to show up and call a no contest and end the season without looking into the situation at all, lmao. so if all of what you said is true then maybe kanzo will get the activity win and it could go to tie breaker. 

i'm just saying though if it ends up as a no contest and you guys lose, don't be a uguu.

3 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

i'm just saying though if it ends up as a no contest and you guys lose, don't be a uguu.

35 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

(i know hard to imagine since they're both incredibly unlikeable)

I think I have to fit to the global expectations.

• Kyu featured this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.