[PSL 8] Finals - Congratulations to the Hungry Salamences!!

1 hour ago, Moetal said:

@Gunthug when is this?

Would have been about 2 hours ago, but xploz didn't respond to my message asking if that time was OK until about 37 minutes ago. So now he's probably sleeping. I'm not ever going to accept an activity win under any circumstances, but the lack of communication this week has been pretty awful (I know he's busy IRL but still)

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Would have been about 2 hours ago, but xploz didn't respond to my message asking if that time was OK until about 37 minutes ago. So now he's probably sleeping. I'm not ever going to accept an activity win under any circumstances, but the lack of communication this week has been pretty awful (I know he's busy IRL but still)

I have a 5m bet on your team, you're gonna take any kind of win you can get mr playoffs mvp 

Just now, Rigamorty said:

It voids individual bets. Like I wouldn't win my 500k on mihawk if he got an activity win over kanzo, but activity wins have never made a difference on team bets. 

All activity win bets are void

I don't see why this would not include team bets. It's really common sense too that whenever an activity decision is involved that the bet get canceled. It doesn't say individual bets.

9 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I don't see why this would not include team bets. It's really common sense too that whenever an activity decision is involved that the bet get canceled. It doesn't say individual bets.

That says Activity win bets. Activity wins are a thing with single matches, you wouldn't call the whole week an activity win for a team because of one no contest match. That's pooped. 

Just now, Rigamorty said:

That says Activity win bets. Activity wins are a thing with single matches, you wouldn't call the whole week an activity win for a team because of one no contest match. That's pooped. 

A team bet won thanks to an activity decision could also be defined as an activity win tbf.

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

A team bet won thanks to an activity decision could also be defined as an activity win tbf.

It seems to fucky to try and call it like this though. Like say kami and kanzo were friends (i know hard to imagine since they're both incredibly unlikeable) and this was the situation. If kami thinks that A) Kanzo will lose to Mihawk, or B) Kanzo could win but doesn't think they have a chance at the tie breaker, then Kami could just tell Kanzo to not show up for his match and make it an activity call that decides it, voiding his bet and saving him 5m. 

Now I don't think that's the case here by any means at all, I'm sure who ever spends their time reading posts for Kanzo who is obviously illiterate is just on vacation right now so he hasn't been able to schedule his match.

But the point is that if something as simple as 1 activity decision could void any team based bets, then that would be an easy to abuse rule, so that would be nonsense. There's also the fact that in team vs team situations that a sub could be made, so there's really no way to say its an activity win since there's really no reason for a match to not get played some way or another. Obviously when betting on a single match you're betting on that person, but if that person's match doesn't happen then it's void for obvious reasons. But if you bet on an entire team and they lose 4-3 to a no contest and you cry about it then that'd be stupid. 

1 minute ago, Rigamorty said:

It seems to fucky to try and call it like this though. Like say kami and kanzo were friends (i know hard to imagine since they're both incredibly unlikeable) and this was the situation. If kami thinks that A) Kanzo will lose to Mihawk, or B) Kanzo could win but doesn't think they have a chance at the tie breaker, then Kami could just tell Kanzo to not show up for his match and make it an activity call that decides it, voiding his bet and saving him 5m. 

Now I don't think that's the case here by any means at all, I'm sure who ever spends their time reading posts for Kanzo who is obviously illiterate is just on vacation right now so he hasn't been able to schedule his match.

But the point is that if something as simple as 1 activity decision could void any team based bets, then that would be an easy to abuse rule, so that would be nonsense. There's also the fact that in team vs team situations that a sub could be made, so there's really no way to say its an activity win since there's really no reason for a match to not get played some way or another. Obviously when betting on a single match you're betting on that person, but if that person's match doesn't happen then it's void for obvious reasons. But if you bet on an entire team and they lose 4-3 to a no contest and you cry about it then that'd be stupid. 

There is a difference between an activity lose and a no contest Riga. If Kanzo was dodging Mlhawk, the score would be 5-3, not 4-3. People don't go around throwing their duels for their friends' sake because there are some consequences with throwing high stake duels. Tie breakers can go either way, assuming a specific team has no chance in a tie breaker is idiotic af. You are reaching with that example Riga. Team bets involves 8 duels, not 7. 

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

If that's the case, then there is a precedent for team bets. What was the call and how did it impact the outcome?

Iirc it happened exactly like this. Moetal bet on a team, they lost by 1 after a no decision. Think it was 5-4 since 10 tiers. And the ruling was he had to pay, hazy on the details though. Only got room for so much in m brain 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.