[PSL 8] Finals - Congratulations to the Hungry Salamences!!

I just don't get why we need a second showdown tier over OU3, NU2 or even LC. If the a tier becomes better the more consistent representation it gets season after season, it makes no sense to favor the inactive players over the mmo players of this community. Make MMO tiers great, not the showdown tiers for inactive players.

Edited by gbwead
53 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

4 Groups, 4 teams

Top team of each bracket go into the champions league :)

Qualifiers:

Group A

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

Team 4

Group B

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

Team 4

Group C

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

Team 4

Group D

Team 1

Team 2

Team 3

Team 4

Champions League Knock Out:

Group A - Team 3 vs Group B - Team 4

Group C - Team 1 vs Group D - Team 1

Champions League Finals

Group A - Team 3 vs Group D - Team 1

It's a little like Orangemaniacs setup, but we've got our PSL style auction where we can make our own teams instead of having dead players that are the same country as you. This would also be real interesting because nobody would truly know how good the other teams are in the other groups until they fight in knock outs. There would be 16 teams, which is a lot... The quality of games are down, but we definitely have the players to sustain the games. It sounds real cool, not sure how we could pull it off though. 

This would be a total clownfiesta and I don't think half the teams will make it through, we barely get 5 correct managers every season, it's impossible to get 16. Plus no draft I assume otherwise a team would get draftpick #16 lol. This would also mean 128 players + substitutes (at least 2 per team since there will be a lot of players that will just lose interest if their team is knocked out already), which means 0 competition.

You dreamt a bit too big, but the idea isn't bad. It's just that what you suggested would be a total flop just like WorldCup, plus I doubt people are gonna donate to see this, so this is even less interest for players.

2 groups of 6, or 4 teams looks more reasonnable if you want to go this way imo.

I can only support LC if it's in 10 tiers tbh..NU2 is much better for 8 tiers. There are lots of great NU players in this game that can help newer players improve there and IMO that's what makes PSL community-friendly. Replacing something like NU2 for shit nobody literally plays (VGC, SM OU, LC, etc) is just disrespecting the tier and its players as a whole.

2 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

You dreamt a bit too big, but the idea isn't bad. It's just that what you suggested would be a total flop just like WorldCup, plus I doubt people are gonna donate to see this, so this is even less interest for players.

Yep, it's something that would be real cool, but it simply won't work unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

I can only support LC if it's in 10 tiers tbh..NU2 is much better for 8 tiers. There are lots of great NU players in this game that can help newer players improve there and IMO that's what makes PSL community-friendly. Replacing something like NU2 for shit nobody literally plays (VGC, SM OU, LC, etc) is just disrespecting the tier and its players as a whole.

I'd agree 200% if we didn't have a lack of competition in NU this season, I still agree but it's the last chance for NU players to prove themself if they get a NU2 next PSL

Just now, Kamimiii said:

I'd agree 200% if we didn't have a lack of competition in NU this season, I still agree but it's the last chance for NU players to prove themself if they get a NU2 next PSL

I don't think it was the nu players the issue, but more the tier as a whole. Chimecho and Bull make NU shitty af.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.