[PSL 8] Finals - Congratulations to the Hungry Salamences!!

#finalshype #whowilltakeitall #fragsvsosukihype #kamimiwead #FrenchPower #SpanishPower #NoCoachingAllowed #BattleoftheChokers #WillTelfLearnwhatabilitiesdo #kevolastillass

Matchups and Standings : http://challonge.com/psl8 + http://challonge.com/PSL8Playoffs

Player stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XCteI6kgP-IA5hRCHRVjZnxpeytbLNrqbYSX14PogVg/edit#gid=0

Sportsmanship:

Spoiler

Don't be a salty noob. PSL is about winning AND fun. Don't try to ruin everyone else's experience by not being a good competitor. Being a good competitor is getting your matches done every week and being a team player. Penalties may follow if a player does not get their match done in the week.

Ghosting & Coaching:

Spoiler

Don't do it. Ghosting is against the rules of PokeMMO itself and is against the rules in PSL as well. It ruins the competition and provides an unfair advantage, as the opposing player will be expecting to play one person, and end up essentially playing someone else entirely. Coaching is also unacceptable, for similar reasons. If I suspect there is coaching or ghosting going on, I won't hesitate to take action.

Substitutions:

Spoiler

Managers may substitute in players if they have good reason to substitute. All rulings related to substitutions will be overseen by myself. The player that was substituted out of the lineup is ineligible to get substituted back in for the rest of the week. Players that are substituted later in the week are fully responsible for contacting their opponents in a timely manner. 

Scheduling your matches:

Spoiler
  1. Contact your opponent by PM as soon as possible, via forum messages AND in-game.
  2. Provide dates and times in order to schedule a match anytime throughout the week
  3. Duels take place at Vermilion Ch 7 or on Showdown, typically meeting in the Ruins of Alph lobby before. 
  4. Matches that take place on Showdown will need to have a replay posted in this thread.
  5. Announce your duel in this thread 10 minutes before it starts.
  6. If you have trouble contacting your opponent, contact your manager and their manager so the appropriate changes can be made
  7. There are no extensions, so if a match does not take place, you're at risk for an activity decision and possible suspension for one week
  8. Also, if you can't find your opponent's forum name or IGN, just go to your opponent's team thread and click the link.
  9. There are no extensions. Get your match done in the week, it's easy. 

The Finale 

The Boosted Monkeys (3) vs The Hungry Salamences (5)

OU: belieberboy vs LucasCisneros

OU: Miguelez vs Aerun
UU: Axoa vs Frags

UU: Kanzo vs Mlhawk
NU: Lazaaro vs Kriliin

Doubles: Kamimiii vs StriderxD

DPP: XPLOZ vs Gunthug

SM: Telf vs Kizhaz

Deadline : Friday, September 1st, 11:59 PM EST 

Don't forget to PM your opponent ASAP!

PM your opponent in-game if they are not active on forums. 

Remember to post your scheduled battle time in this thread at least 10 minutes before it starts.

Showdown players must provide replays. 

All PokeMMO battles must be played in Vermillion Channel 7 PC.

Edited by BurntZebra
Spoiler

The Boosted Monkeys (5) vs The Hungry Salamences (3)

OU: Miguelez vs Aerun

UU: Kanzo vs Mlhawk

Predicts

Edited by notmudkip0
Spoiler

The Boosted Monkeys (5) vs The Hungry Salamences (3)

OU: Miguelez vs Aerun

UU: Kanzo vs Mlhawk

Thicc predicc

Edited by Zymogen
55 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I have to say something, both of those rosters look bad on paper but here they are in the finals. Huge shout out to the work these players have done this season. You all need a pat on the back for proving you all got game and smashing them beta has beens like myself. 

If you all got coached though, you weak and you know it. 

How are monkeys bad on paper?

1 hour ago, BurntZebra said:

The Finale 

The Boosted Monkeys (0) vs The Hungry Salamences (0)

OU: belieberboy vs LucasCisneros - Another Aw showdown, who will wall more?

OU: Miguelez vs Aerun - Guy who has never OUd before vs lord god aerun
UU: Axoa vs Frags - 24/7 online dude who scouts everyeone vs best player ingame but not really active in his 'worst' tier

UU: Kanzo vs Mlhawk - Hejj bro vs solid UU jajaj player
NU: Lazaaro vs Kriliin - Good NU player vs a rising NU s tar ?????

Doubles: Kamimiii vs StriderxD - gbwead vs TJ round 2

DPP: XPLOZ vs Gunthug - guy who got swept by +1 ttar vs the playoffs chokelord jijij

SM: Telf vs Kizhaz - This is gonna be an awful thing to watch, evade it if you can

Added some descriptions

Spoiler

jijijiji

So I feel like if Frags wins, it's over for monkeys, since instead of LKrenz 'sacking' the tier and putting like Sparkie in there and trying to give Frags a free win vs somebody else (could've been doubles), he put his best player in there... his win would be huge since it's not really his best tier and its vs one of the most dominant UU players, I think this match will decide the outcome of the finale. All the pressure on Osuki. 

1 hour ago, BurntZebra said:

The Finale 

The Boosted Monkeys (0) vs The Hungry Salamences (0)

OU: BelieberBoy vs LucasCisneros

OU: Miguelez vs Aerun
UU: Axoa vs Frags

UU: Kanzo vs Mlhawk
NU: Lazaaro vs Kriliin

Doubles: Kamimiii vs StriderxD

DPP: XPLOZ vs Gunthug

SM: Telf vs Kizhaz

When MVPs? :(

"guy who got swept by +1 ttar vs the playoffs chokelord jijij"

b-but I was sleep talk waterfall roar and I missed my two sleep talk against ttar (who switches in vs gyara for some reason).

Not sure it's worse than getting rekd by a machamp lead ice punch (which is the standart set) if you're going this way :-D

39 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

Doubles: Kamimiii vs StriderxD - gbwead vs TJ round 2

So I feel like if Frags wins, it's over for monkeys, since instead of LKrenz 'sacking' the tier and putting like Sparkie in there and trying to give Frags a free win vs somebody else (could've been doubles), he put his best player in there... his win would be huge since it's not really his best tier and its vs one of the most dominant UU players, I think this match will decide the outcome of the finale. All the pressure on Osuki. 

I appreciate the fact you all say I play as good as Gbwead, it's the best cheer you can think of and it's getting me confident about my level in doubles. I'll smash TJ for you and dedicate this win to you my deer.

Such bullshit, he couldn't risk putting Frags in Doubles since LoA the nemesis was a possibility anyway ;)

And we're superior in almost every tier. So whatever happens in this fucking HYPED game between Axoa and Frags (6-0 inc), we'll bring the title home.

LET'S GO MONKEYS !

34 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

b-but I was sleep talk waterfall roar and I missed my two sleep talk against ttar (who switches in vs gyara for some reason).

Not sure it's worse than getting rekd by a machamp lead ice punch (which is the standart set) if you're going this way :-D

I tend to think dynamic/payback/stoneedge/bullet is the standart machamp lead set

53 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

Was gonna say it but Sweet sniped me

17 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

I tend to think dynamic/payback/stoneedge/bullet is the standart machamp lead set

^ this

3 hours ago, XPLOZ said:

i switched into gyara bcuz i knew u were the kevin garrett variant and would do nothing to ttar anyway. i was expecting switch into hippo bcuz u wanted to take banded/scarf stone edge. so I set up with ttar knowing I had shuca and could easily sweep. also i see typically stone edge > ice punch, although even if i expected ice punch I had no counterplay to lead machamp with it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.