The AI in Pokemmo is broken

When fighting an npc in pokemmo, they either know every single move all of your pokemon have, and switch accordingly, or they can stupidly idiotic. For example, I tried to fight an

npc, and I used earthquake. Can you believe that the npc switched out to a pokemon with levitate, AFTER I CLICKED EARTHQUAKE. Sorry, that's not how players act, the npc is stupidly broken. Or, they keep using spit up or a move that doesn't affect me. Making a pokemon smarter does not mean that they see what move you use before the text pops up, and then use the pokemon that counters it, or just be an absolute moron, and have me sweep them, there has to be a balance, or I will just stick to fighting players. Anyone who's a veteran pokemon player knows that the npc isn't smart,they just cheat.

Some NPC's their AI have been improved so they pose a greater challenge in some locations. For example the elite 4. While the normal trainers in the overworld have less smart AI. And wild pokemon hardly any AI. This isn't a broken thing. It's intended. Many people have beaten said NPCs it just takes a little practice.

7 minutes ago, MewThirty2 said:

npc, and I used earthquake. Can you believe that the npc switched out to a pokemon with levitate, AFTER I CLICKED EARTHQUAKE. Sorry, that's not how players act

Also Im not sure what you mean by this? Many players predict earthquakes and going into a levitate/flying pokemon. The NPC's AI was made to reflect some more human characteristics. And like I said before to make the game a little harder on the PvE side of things.

8 minutes ago, MewThirty2 said:

Anyone who's a veteran pokemon player knows that the npc isn't smart,they just cheat.

They're not cheating

1 hour ago, MewThirty2 said:

When fighting an npc in pokemmo, they either know every single move all of your pokemon have, and switch accordingly, or they can stupidly idiotic. For example, I tried to fight an

npc, and I used earthquake. Can you believe that the npc switched out to a pokemon with levitate, AFTER I CLICKED EARTHQUAKE. Sorry, that's not how players act, the npc is stupidly broken.

git gud.

On a more serious not, as TheChampionMike pointed out above - many players are able to predict an earthquake, and will switch out accordingly.

The AI was designed to be more challenging than it's vanilla implementation, and take advantage of many things that players have access to that the AI previously did not.

Take switching mid-battle for instance; this was not something that vanilla AI was capable of, outside of a few select NPCs.

This gave players the advantage in almost every scenario, making an AI altogether mostly pointless.

This is something that we fixed in PokeMMO.

But alongside difficulty, the changes to the AI are also designed to teach players how to adapt to different situations, and play better as a whole.

The Vanilla AI doesn't teach you much outside of 'use a super effect move and win' - this is fairly poor design, as there are many more options and variables that are important to a battle, and the AI should be helping to point those out to you (largely by using them to beat you and teach you something in the process).

In your example, if you were not aware of it before - you had learnt that something with the ability 'Levitate' is immune to the move 'Earthquake'.

This shows in itself that the AI is doing what we designed it to.

There are some general limitations to AI design (that apply to any game, not just PokeMMO), and we've had to work within those, but ultimately it has turned out rather well so far.

We still have a long way to go, and hope to improve upon what we have already.

You'll just have to work a little harder to predict the AI predicting you if you want to always have the upper hand.

If you're farming money with npc, you should be prepared for it.

I'd suggest get a level 100 starmie/gengar, anything would do tbh they get stronger each time you battle but they give out more money the more you battle them.

Also, npc are not broken or overpowered at all.

5 hours ago, MewThirty2 said:

Can you believe that the npc switched out to a pokemon with levitate, AFTER I CLICKED EARTHQUAKE. Sorry, that's not how players act

People do this. It depends if it's a pokemon that commonly carries earthquake or if you taught it to something ridiculously stupid like chansey.

4 hours ago, Shallos said:

sometimes get stalled or orb damage stalled with items when doing E4 that is no skill by any mean lol

Whislt true, it's another example of the AI being able to do something that players have the ability to do.

Whether it takes skill or not, it lowers your PP/potentially your health.