[Forum event] Orange's Teambuilding Challenge - Part 2 - Don't judge a book...

On 23/08/2017 at 1:35 PM, Tranzmaster said:

"Wait what, shitlord Trashmaster is entering the contest? LMFAO" - Every PokeMMO player in 20xx

Anyway here goes:

It's time to talk about everybody's favourite blue blob.

8gwC1DW.png c11d5052e6.png

Obviously Azumarill is most commonly known for it's good offensive characterics thanks to Huge Power. With Choice Band it can beat unprepared UU teams better than Chris Brown against Rihanna. Or you can run a Belly Drum set if you feel like the angus isn't quite peppered yet.

However, Azumarill is still a blue blob and in the following build I will treat it how it is:

Tier: UU

Aidzumarill

Item: Leftovers

Nature: Calm

Ability: Thick Fat 

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def

• Whirlpool
  • Perish Song
  • Rest
  • Protect

Well there you have it, a super cancerous set that will make you feel so dirty for using it, not even wearing Crocs for the rest of your life will even come close as some form of repentance.

You want to maximize it's special defense because the biggest threats in the UU tier against it comes from the likes of Manectric, Haunter, Meganium etc. With this spread it prevents from getting 2hitko'd by non-tbolt haunter and meganium, see calc later.

Thanks to it's natural bulk and Thick Fat it can come in on practically any Water, Fire or Ice type move, Whirlpool whatever switches in to trap it, to then perish song and stall the subsequent turns with Protect and Rest. Slowking switching in to Twave or Toxic? Check. Blastoise doesn't have Roar? Check.

Meganium might fear Ice Punch, but even if it switches in: 0 SpA Meganium Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Azumarill: 62-74 (29.9 - 35.7%) -- 27.9% chance to 3HKO

Easiest Perish Song/Protect/Rest of my life.

To summarise: It shits on almost anything that can't kill it in 2 turns or doesn't have some sort of phazing

I said almost, there obviously are counters and checks.

Manectric will take damage from some whirlpool turns but does win the war vs Azumarill.

Anything with Roar

Certain pokemon with Soundproof like Electrode.

Taunt

Water Absorb

Oh yeah, whirlpool can also miss...

Good teammates:

Azumarill really benefits from Wish Support, Status Removal and a switchin for electric moves from the likes of Manectric.

Nidoqueen would make a good partner. Switches in on Manectric Tbolt or Haunter, can trap with pursuit, has good special defense etc.

Other options:- Wish support from maybe a clefable.

- Status removal from Meganium

tl;dr If you don't win with this strat you might as well cover yourself in honey and run through a swarm of bees

How I am supposed to teach it whirlpool on MMO?

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.