[Forum event] Orange's Teambuilding Challenge - Part 2 - Don't judge a book...

After input from trashbois, I decided that the rewarded entry for the week will be Maelstrom's Camerupt.

The concept about the Camerupt was really nice and it fit perfectly for this week's theme, which was being able to do your purpose with low base stats. Camerupt's lackluster 70/70/70 defenses combined with a defensive typing that is by no means really good was well demonstrated how it could work as a defensive pivot in the OU metagame. Camerupt was demonstrated to be a check to tons of viable OU Pokemon thanks to its typing being actually good in OU environment and strong STAB moves. Camerupt don't have the best possible support/defensive moves but Yawn + Protect was a simple, yet very good solution to this. Overall the idea was considered to be very creative, yet serving an actual purpose.

Again, there were TONS of amazing entries. It was really hard to get people to name their favorites and there many different favorites but Camerupt for almost all was one of their favorites and therefor will be rewarded as this week's winner.

Btw Pachima your Smeargle set is absolute cancer omg haha. I don't know why I haven't seen that before but it's absolutely genius. However, I just felt that non-Smeargle set just fit better for this week's theme.

2 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

Smeargle definitely should have won, quite innovative, unlike camerupt which has been around since mid 2015 (iirc some people used it in OU some then to check gengar, while also beating electric types). VVVV trashbois are bad at voting 

28 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Smeargle was robbed. 

Well, luckily V4 has only one bad PSL host.

#justiceforgraveler

hey orange I really enjoy these theorymon events, and I'll probably donate to future ones bcuz they are fun to read and participate in. Just to spitball and steal a few a ideas from smogon, a few cool challenges could be:

• "break this core" - for example, finding creative ways to break prominent defensive cores like Skarmory/P2/milotic
  • Best duo- for example, Celetran in DPP which resists almost everything together, or Flygon/Pert in ADV to scout hp grass/ice
  • Deadly offensive combos- for example, Memento gardevoir into BD Linoone in MMO, or Zard-Y+dugtrio in SM 

Either way I really enjoy these and hope you keep doing them

Edited by Kimikozen

Oh my, glad a lot of ppl wanted me to win.

Anyway, I gotta agree with @BurntZebra the camerupt set, although versatile in the tier, is slightly unoriginal, since I ve seen people using it already. 

If you asked me who I thought it would win, my bet would be either Moetal´s Amphy (Loved that, anything to counter is enough to convince me) Or Tranzmaster´s azumarill, which I had thought of some months ago, but never went to make it (Even tho that entry made me rethink about that)

For my own, I was pretty sure I wouldn´t win, despite all the likes it had. Call it a sixth sense, or whatever, but in the end, I would like to see those two above earning the prize.

Also, I apologize if I sounded too harsh on criticizing your set, MaeIstrom, but thats my opinion about it.

Lastly, I hope you keep up with such events. They are fun af.

4 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

Smeargle definitely should have won, quite innovative, unlike camerupt which has been around since mid 2015 (iirc some people used it in OU some then to check gengar, while also beating electric types). VVVV trashbois are bad at voting 

I mean vvvv trashbois dont even comp... @gbwead

I obviously loved the smeargle set since I even said so earlier, but I didn't vote for it, because like orange said it wasn't really ideal for the theme. The point was to make a pokemon that didn't use the stats and such you'd expect it to use, where that smeargle used only its speed, which is its only not completely absolutely garbage stat. 

15 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

I obviously loved the smeargle set since I even said so earlier, but I didn't vote for it, because like orange said it wasn't really ideal for the theme. The point was to make a pokemon that didn't use the stats and such you'd expect it to use, where that smeargle used only its speed, which is its only not completely absolutely garbage stat. 

Meh. While im not defending it, smeargle is self dependant without spore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.